On 6/5/2017 at 10:49 AM, Ecclesiastes said:

With fanweekend in between and the amount of sorting I still need to do I don't think I'll get to enter.:look:

That's too bad, maybe just a little vignette entry?

20 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I have some ideas, but time will be an issue... 

Time, always such a bother :cry_sad: I hope you're able to get something entered though.

19 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Always...

If you didn't post all of your Ch. V builds before May 1st, you might be able to use a couple for entries into the Summer Joust too :classic:

19 hours ago, dathil said:

have my best (and most detailed, which equals best) moc ever in progress since day one and almost finished for the Homestead category! Alas I will not have time to make more entries although there are so much awesome categories

Great! Looking forward to seeing it :thumbup:

10 hours ago, mccoyed said:

Everybody probably thinks I'm dead but I've been working on a huge build, my biggest ever, though it unfortunately does not fit with the Castle Joust categories this year. I COULD have made it work with the Immersive Scene but I just don't have enough Lego. :P

Glad to see you around again! Immersive scenes do tend to take a lot of LEGO, unless working in microscale.

2 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

That's what I like to hear!

And I have a third WIP that should be up before July, so maybe I should go and see wether it fits into a category as well :wink:

On 6/6/2017 at 11:06 AM, soccerkid6 said:

If you didn't post all of your Ch. V builds before May 1st, you might be able to use a couple for entries into the Summer Joust too :classic:

Too bad I posted a bunch of them in the afternoon or evening of April 30th in the United States; though it was almost certainly May 1st somewhere in the world when I posted them...

I do have at least two Joust builds cooking, though, but it remains to be seen how much time I will have to make them nice. My second child will be born any day now, so that factors in, too, as well as the end-of-the-semester grading of a middle/high school teacher. 

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Wow the competition seems like it's going to be fierce! Plenty of summer joust entries from GoH builders alone, I've entered the vignette category, and hope to get an immersive scene entry done if exams and life in general doesn't slow me down too much :grin:

Hello GoH!

This isn't probably necessary, but I'll stick it out there anyway. :-)

I'm most likely going to join a guild and start building. I've read some of the GoH background/story before and will delve a bit more in before making a final choice. 

I guess my real point here is to get any input or last comments I haven't thought of from members. 

Aside from being quite late to the party and I think at a current story/challenge lull, anything I should consider?

I'm leaning toward Nocturnus. This might seem odd if you look at my builds so far I know. My thought is to try something that is purposefully really different than my first impulse for building. Making GoH builds would then be a constant stretch. 

Far from a strong storyteller, that in the end will be my weakest link. Maybe I can lean heavily on the written story for a while. Of course my sigfig character must be figured out. Maybe an outcast type that allows some traveling. 

Any random thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated. :-)

Welcome to the guilds, Cozei!

At this moment, we're all holding our breath while waiting on the results of the final challenge, that's why there's not much activity.

But I would say: create a sigfig, pick a guild and just start building!

Aside from that, I have not much to tell you... Of course, if you have any questions don't hesistate to ask them!

Great to see that you'll looking into joining up, Cozei, welcome to GoH! :classic:  Sounds like you pretty much have it down, but you may also want to check out the Safe Haven challenge which is currently running as soon as you've settled on a Guild.  As to storylines - yep, there's pretty much every point in the spectrum here, from those who don't write much at all generally to those who have tremendous ongoing stories connecting all their builds.  I'm sure you'll find the notch you're happy in! :thumbup:

Welcome to GoH Cozei... as Garmadon said, you can pick a Guild, create a sigfig, and build for the Safeheaven Challenge :)

Brick it ON

Edited by Gunman

Hey everyone, very excited about joining this part of the forum. Nocturnus is definitely my flavour, I'm really interested in the duality of good and evil and understanding the abyss. I'm especially looking to explore how darkness plays it's role in every day life since Nocturnus seems to be linked in important ways to all of the other factions.

My current ideas are circulating around an influential vampire bloodline with an industrious werebear cult.

Hope to have my first quality build up within the month!

@cozei Hey dude, I am also new and looking to join Nocturnus, let's build!

Welcome to the guilds, mishtron!

I'll leave your questions to the true Nocturnians out there. Especially when it comes down to vampires, I'd suggest @Lord Vladivus! :wink: 

Why is everybody joining Nocty these days? :look:

Hi !

welcome @Cozei and @mishtron welcome to the Guilds !

Don't worry Titus ! Avalonia is still the biggest Guild ! :tongue: (and the best... :grin:) Nocturnus needs players actually, so it is always a pleasure to see new players there !

Again, welcome !

10 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

Hi !

welcome @Cozei and @mishtron welcome to the Guilds !

Don't worry Titus ! Avalonia is still the biggest Guild ! :tongue: (and the best... :grin:) Nocturnus needs players actually, so it is always a pleasure to see new players there !

Again, welcome !

Ok, I can accept that :laugh:

@soccerkid6 Thanks!

@mishtron Yes! You're well ahead of me with ideas, but I'll get there. :-)

@Faladrin Partly thought this too with Nocturnus, adding to a less populated guild. 

@TitusV I had originally thought Migardia and even stocked up on some white for all the snow needs! :-) And the greenery of Avalonia is nice too. But I figure I will challenge myself with Nocturnus as it is not my first impulse. I think I need some more dark colors and black! And some swamp greens. ;-)

I'm reading Gardens of the Moon too right now which is helping with the dark magic mood. :-)

Just now, Cozei said:

@soccerkid6 Thanks!

@mishtron Yes! You're well ahead of me with ideas, but I'll get there. :-)

@Faladrin Partly thought this too with Nocturnus, adding to a less populated guild. 

@TitusV I had originally thought Migardia and even stocked up on some white for all the snow needs! :-) And the greenery of Avalonia is nice too. But I figure I will challenge myself with Nocturnus as it is not my first impulse. I think I need some more dark colors and black! And some swamp greens. ;-)

I'm reading Gardens of the Moon too right now which is helping with the dark magic mood. :-)

Just build whatever you want! (it's not uncommon to make little ventures outside your own guild)

1 minute ago, TitusV said:

Just build whatever you want! (it's not uncommon to make little ventures outside your own guild)

That I will! :-)

On 4-7-2017 at 4:40 AM, Cozei said:

Hello GoH!

This isn't probably necessary, but I'll stick it out there anyway. :-)

I'm most likely going to join a guild and start building. I've read some of the GoH background/story before and will delve a bit more in before making a final choice. 

I guess my real point here is to get any input or last comments I haven't thought of from members. 

Aside from being quite late to the party and I think at a current story/challenge lull, anything I should consider?

I'm leaning toward Nocturnus. This might seem odd if you look at my builds so far I know. My thought is to try something that is purposefully really different than my first impulse for building. Making GoH builds would then be a constant stretch. 

Far from a strong storyteller, that in the end will be my weakest link. Maybe I can lean heavily on the written story for a while. Of course my sigfig character must be figured out. Maybe an outcast type that allows some traveling. 

Any random thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated. :-)

Welcome, Cozei!

I saw some neat builds of yours on Flickr. :classic: I advice you: build things that inspire and motivate you, otherwise you may lose interest. I'd also like to refer to the my comment in the Nocturnus guild thread, might help you get a better idea how to get started: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/85716-book-ii-nocturnus-guild-sign-up-and-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=2821731 

Hi all,

Apologies if this is written somewhere but I couldn't find anything about 3rd party pieces i.e. Brickwarriors etc.  Forbidden under pain of death or allowed?  If someone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

32 minutes ago, Phadeout said:

Hi all,

Apologies if this is written somewhere but I couldn't find anything about 3rd party pieces i.e. Brickwarriors etc.  Forbidden under pain of death or allowed?  If someone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

There are lots of those around. I use a number of Brickarms and Brickforge.

Hi Phadeout, it is generally preferred that people use genuine LEGO parts, of course (certainly no Lepin or the like!) but 3rd party pieces, such as custom weapons or gear, have generally been seen as acceptable. Try not to overdo it, and if you would like your sigfig to be reproducible by others in the future (in a collab build, or as part of a challenge entry) I would say it is better to stay purist. That being said, I know lots of people use 3rd party stuff all over the place.