Thank you good sirs for the warm welcome, I shall work on my character for now, I believe I will choose Nocturnus as my guild, they are clearly the most awesome and more deserving of fresh blood. So long for now.

Definitely the most awesome guild! None of this sand in clothes/tights wearing/bearded lady nonsense in our guild! We do things the right way. Hail Nocturnus!

Definitely the most awesome guild! None of this sand in clothes/tights wearing/bearded lady nonsense in our guild! We do things the right way. Hail Nocturnus!

Hail Nocturnus! Land of shadows and pure awesomeness!

Can someone explain the DK/U/HC thing?

Been reading up a bit but this is piece of information I’ve missed somehow.

I’m guessing DK - Desert King so that’s Kaliphlin, U - Ulandus > Nocturnia and HC - High Council > Mitgardia?

Avalonia is missing in this case, so what would they be?

Thanks

Actually all three (Desert King, Ulandus, and High Council) are in Kaliphlin, where they are duking it out in a civil war :wink: See more information on the war (Challenge IV) here :classic:

This has nothing to do with the guilds, these are the three faction in the Kaliphlin civil war.

The High Council is the established government of Kaliphlin, therefore most Kaliphlin guildmembers support it. Ulandus is an long lost part of Kaliphlin, a mysthic island that now wants to reunite with the guild. And the desert king is simply the ancient rightful ruler of Kaliphlin that was dead and has now returned for his powers are divine. Hail Ank Mora Raa!

Regardless of your guild you can join any of the three factions. It depends on your sympathies, personal politics or you can just do what seems to be the best for your guild.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Ah right, I got it totally wrong then!

Thanks for the explanation, I’ll check the thread and see what I can do

I would like to join GoH, but I don't know what guild to choose. I'm not a type for Avalonia, I've figured that out. I like to build a kind of Japanese/Chinese architecture and preferably in a mild to cold climate. My character will be a mage, practicing partly darker forms of magic. Yes, I do make things complicated :grin: .

So well... Any suggestions?

Normally east asian architecture fits in the east of Kaliphlin. But it's not really cold there.

Hmmm... I guess.. that Nocturnus guild could be what you're looking for. Dark mages are an essential part of our people. And our big advantage is that we have no restrictions what architecture to use. It can be influenced by other guilds, in this case eastern Kaliphlin, or something completely unique. We're very flexible and liberal. And your cold or mild climate could be found at the border to Mitgardia, up in the north of our territory.

Thank you! That was exactly what I was thinking, though I wasn't sure about the architecture.

Exetrius I recommend Eastern Kaliphlin, which has oriental architecture and harbours many Nocturnian refugees. It's very mountainous so it gets cold enough.

Edited by robuko

Exetrius I recommend Eastern Kaliphlin, which has oriental architecture and harbours many Nocturnian refugees. It's very mountainous so it gets cold enough.

Too late harhar! He already joined the dark side!

I'm afraid you mistook me for my father, Onicius :wink:, I'm with Nocturnus, haha!

Edited by Exetrius

Any plans for a Book III?

There's still going to be another challenge in Nocturnus. Also, as Ska said, it's preferable not to post comments or questions in the free build tracking thread.

Hadn't thought about it before now, but would I be correct to assume that the only current option for a Japanese-themed faction would be Kaliphlin? Could even just say asian-themed and include Chinese and Korean styles as well, since it's historically appropriate given both cultural crossover and wars between them during the Japanese Warring States period and Nara and Heian prior. Reason I ask is I would have interest in such a place, but as Kaliphlin seems to be of a much wider scope, the guild structure and command, overall feel while playing, quite possibly wouldn't necessarily feel as far eastern (I can't say, not playing here and in fact only taking a peak just now).

What are the odds of the introduction of new faction(s)? Likely low to none I presume as they would be greatly handicapped?

Just curious really. I'm well involved in AG at the moment and haven't the time to do both - and certainly will not drop one to do another so would only join another if I was certain I could do both. My building speed and efficiency would need to increase as well as adjustments in how I use free time, so consider my inquiry simply one of curiosity. :classic:

Yes, currently Japanese/eastern Asia is a Kaliphlin thing pretty exclusively. Valaryio, a member-less fifth guild, also if I recall correctly had some Asian influence but not quite as much as west Kaliphlin has.

Like you say, Kaliphlin has a far wider scope, it also embraces Turkish style buildings, Mediterranean/almost Spanish or Italian style - thought that's not done very often at all - and to a certain extent GrecoRoman but with a touch of a more medieval vibe, as well. Building in any of those styles is perfectly acceptable. Generally speaking your typical light bley castle or tudor style dwelling doesn't fit in Kaliphlin quite as well, unless you're building in the area right up toward Avalonia - but no one is going to call foul if you ignore that guideline anyways!

The introduction of new factions is improbable. I don't really think there's enough interest to spread out between more than four factions, that is, assuming you mean guilds. In the last (and current) "book" however the guilds were not pitted against each other but rather each guild underwent a civil war, which gave us opportunities to work with other teammates besides just those from our guild!

Hadn't thought about it before now, but would I be correct to assume that the only current option for a Japanese-themed faction would be Kaliphlin? Could even just say asian-themed and include Chinese and Korean styles as well, since it's historically appropriate given both cultural crossover and wars between them during the Japanese Warring States period and Nara and Heian prior. Reason I ask is I would have interest in such a place, but as Kaliphlin seems to be of a much wider scope, the guild structure and command, overall feel while playing, quite possibly wouldn't necessarily feel as far eastern (I can't say, not playing here and in fact only taking a peak just now).

What are the odds of the introduction of new faction(s)? Likely low to none I presume as they would be greatly handicapped?

Just curious really. I'm well involved in AG at the moment and haven't the time to do both - and certainly will not drop one to do another so would only join another if I was certain I could do both. My building speed and efficiency would need to increase as well as adjustments in how I use free time, so consider my inquiry simply one of curiosity. :classic:

If you are interested in Asian theme, then most definitely choose Kaliphlin. Several builders have depicted Asian themed builds in Kaliphlin among one was by myself here.

If you are interested in Asian theme, then most definitely choose Kaliphlin. Several builders have depicted Asian themed builds in Kaliphlin among one was by myself here.

Nice work Mike! Well, like I say, at the moment I'm filled up on time and do not wish to divert any from AG. That said, should I have extra time or just get faster, I might consider it in the future. I simply realized after my little segue in discussions this morning that I wanted to see if there was a fit for samurai over here. :wink:

Good ol' Nocty is a good bet. Perhaps more go to Kaliphlin, so that might be the place. There's also the lure of a snowy mountain samurai monastery in Mitgardia. It would be cool, whichever guild you pick, to see a full-on samurai themed sig-fig etc! Not sure we've got many (if any!) of those.

Yes, currently Japanese/eastern Asia is a Kaliphlin thing pretty exclusively. Valaryio, a member-less fifth guild, also if I recall correctly had some Asian influence but not quite as much as west Kaliphlin has.

Like you say, Kaliphlin has a far wider scope, it also embraces Turkish style buildings, Mediterranean/almost Spanish or Italian style - thought that's not done very often at all - and to a certain extent GrecoRoman but with a touch of a more medieval vibe, as well. Building in any of those styles is perfectly acceptable. Generally speaking your typical light bley castle or tudor style dwelling doesn't fit in Kaliphlin quite as well, unless you're building in the area right up toward Avalonia - but no one is going to call foul if you ignore that guideline anyways!

The introduction of new factions is improbable. I don't really think there's enough interest to spread out between more than four factions, that is, assuming you mean guilds. In the last (and current) "book" however the guilds were not pitted against each other but rather each guild underwent a civil war, which gave us opportunities to work with other teammates besides just those from our guild!

Thanks for that overview also Kai!

Good ol' Nocty is a good bet. Perhaps more go to Kaliphlin, so that might be the place. There's also the lure of a snowy mountain samurai monastery in Mitgardia. It would be cool, whichever guild you pick, to see a full-on samurai themed sig-fig etc! Not sure we've got many (if any!) of those.

Oh how interesting. Hmm. Perhaps one day. :wink:

Please keep in mind that Nocturnus hasn't got architectural restrictions and that there are also ninja and samurai in our Darklands! In Rakath for instance: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=111076 Choose wisely... :wink:

I will have to do some reading all around then when I have the time. Thanks!

Edited by aeralure

Mmmm, if I understand it correctly, if for the moment I don't have much time space to build, it is not a good idea to sign up for one of the guilds yet.

Better wait for when I have time, is that correct?

I'd say my preference goes out to... but it changes every several hours or so...

Mmmm, if I understand it correctly, if for the moment I don't have much time space to build, it is not a good idea to sign up for one of the guilds yet.

Better wait for when I have time, is that correct?

I'd say my preference goes out to... but it changes every several hours or so...

I'd suggest waiting until you have an idea and have started building your first build. But of course we all hope to see you join soon! And you are never forced to build anything more than you want/have time to, so you can join anytime you want!

PS: All the cool kids join Avalonia! :tongue:

I'd suggest waiting until you have an idea and have started building your first build. But of course we all hope to see you join soon! And you are never forced to build anything more than you want/have time to, so you can join anytime you want!

PS: All the cool kids join Avalonia! :tongue:

Um, all the 'cool' kids definitely join Mitgardia :look:

Um, all the 'cool' kids definitely join Mitgardia :look:

That isn't true, cause the last time I checked all the cool kids were in Avalonia :laugh: