That is easy. Just create your sigfig. Then post a picture of him/her announcing his/her allegiance to the guild of your choice in that guild's thread, with an introduction/background story. You can create a full MOC intro thread if you wish, with a link in the guild's thead. In the beginning of GOH you also had to include some form of flag in the guild's colors in the intro (this could be brick built.) That was the only place the guild's colors were required, unlike LCC (now LoR). That has fallen by the wayside.

Additionally, in Avalonia we also claim a lot of land on the map. I would suggest looking at some of the other posts of people who have signed up for inspiration.

In any case, welcome amongst our ranks. Long live Avalonia! :)

Hey!

You can always post freebuilds and tell the story of your hero, just post them here in a new thread and put then put them in the Freebuild Registration Thread (pinned).

Ok, there's a thread for this. I wasn't aware.

My question: Is there a comprehensive list somewhere showing the current/active members of GoH?

My question: Is there a comprehensive list somewhere showing the current/active members of GoH?

To answer your question, I don't believe so.

I do know that everyone who is a part of GoH has their sig-fig shown on the first post. I know Kaliphlin does that but I haven't bothered to check on the other guilds. :blush:

Additionally, in Avalonia we also claim a lot of land on the map. I would suggest looking at some of the other posts of people who have signed up for inspiration.

In any case, welcome amongst our ranks. Long live Avalonia! :)

That is easy. Just create your sigfig. Then post a picture of him/her announcing his/her allegiance to the guild of your choice in that guild's thread, with an introduction/background story. You can create a full MOC intro thread if you wish, with a link in the guild's thead. In the beginning of GOH you also had to include some form of flag in the guild's colors in the intro (this could be brick built.) That was the only place the guild's colors were required, unlike LCC (now LoR). That has fallen by the wayside.

Thank you all,

I've understand.

I'm working in the backstory of my sig-fig.

Thank's again

Ok, there's a thread for this. I wasn't aware.

No- people often drop in and out of GoH, so participation varies. Also, not everyone is in the first post- our illustrious Guild leaders have other duties and real life that prevents this being updated frequently.

When is the next Book II challenge going to be issued? I just missed the last one,.........

When is the next Book II challenge going to be issued? I just missed the last one,.........

Probably not for a little while. I expect we'll see prologue builds from Ska and co for it soon.

now first of all the challenge that just got wraped up needs to be judged and then the next challenge can be announced. Usually this takes a while ...

But in the meanwhile, there is a multitude of other things to do.

Amongst others:

HSS task (search for "Historican Settlements")

Anniversary cmf challenge

University of petraya

Avalonian tasks 1-5 (open for avalonians, but can inspire all)

Mitgardian AOM task. (open for mitgardians)

Freebuilds for the glory of your guild!

Probably, I have forgotten some, but you shouldn't run out of things to do anytime soon. Further, there is a lot of builds and story lines to study. :)

Have fun and welcome to Historica!

The "official storyline downtime" between the previous challenge deadline and the new being announced is an excellent time to flesh out your own part of Historica and your characters :classic:

Make sure to check out the various "standing tasks" that Bregir wrote about, especially HSS and UoP can be great inspiration to try new kinds of builds and/or new techniques!

Can you join a guild, but you don't think it suits you, can you join one that does?

Officially no. But what you can do is have a character in your story who is either based in or travelling in another guild, which solves it.

Ok, I'm still confused a bit though.

Normaily, you should stay in the same guild throughout a book, (We are currently 2/3rds through book 2) but when a new book starts, you can change. However, you are free to build in the other guilds too. Some tasks are limited to specific guilds, eg. the Age of Mitgardia ongoing minichallenge for (Yes, you've guessed right) Mitgardians.

I hope that helps - my suggestion is that you find the one that suits you best, sign up, and start building. I will be looking forward to seeing what you bring to Historica! :classic:

Obviously, I would suggest joining Avalonia, as that is by far the bestest guild with the greatest members! Plus, we hug trees and wear lovely green tights! :laugh::tongue::wink:

Obviously, I would suggest joining Avalonia, as that is by far the bestest guild with the greatest members! Plus, we hug trees and wear lovely green tights! :laugh::tongue::wink:

I think you're a bit late - he joined Mitgardia a while ago... he obviously knows what he's doing :wink:

I think you're a bit late - he joined Mitgardia a while ago... he obviously knows what he's doing :wink:

You are right that he knows what hes doing! He wants to change guild!!:D so maybe Avalonia is the right guild after all!;)

Edited by de Gothia

Noob question:

I was curious if there is a more drawn out discussion or topic about starting a race of wizards, mages, witches, or demi-gods?

I'm not looking to have fireballs from their eyes or bolts of lightning from their bums, but I was thinking of a race of mortal demi-gods who are exceptional in both ability and wickedness..

Phred, it is pretty open ended. I think the only limitation is when it starts killing the story, or other people's plot. Otherwise, all stuff that is in period is pretty much fine.

@Phred: Nocturnus actually has all sorts of evil creatures so your idea would fit pretty well there

Phred, it is pretty open ended. I think the only limitation is when it starts killing the story, or other people's plot. Otherwise, all stuff that is in period is pretty much fine.

That's what I was hoping for.

@Phred: Nocturnus actually has all sorts of evil creatures so your idea would fit pretty well there

Can characters or a small group travel to other regions?

Travel happens a lot. I have two upcoming builds that are embassies, and there was an embassy challenge in Book I before I joined.