Since our characters have no real ranks (every guild handles that differently) I doubt that this would make sense.

It could always be changed so instead of it saying XP, you'd put your guilds' name. So it'd be like: Sig-fig-name<race<guild. And for whatever guild you put, you get the flag and maybe a border around the signature of the guilds colors. It's a thought that could easily keep people organized as to who's in what guild.

Who anyway still reads the forum with signatures? It gets so confusing, you see pictures you've seen hundred times before because someone put them in his/her signature and you always have to scroll down a lot.

Who anyway still reads the forum with signatures? It gets so confusing, you see pictures you've seen hundred times before because someone put them in his/her signature and you always have to scroll down a lot.

I was talking about a signature generator, like for the Star Wars section, but for GoH that features your sig-fig. :wink:

I'm getting what you're aiming at but why would we want to have our sig figs twice?

Some people may not like using their GoH sig-fig as their profile icon, same with what people do in the Star Wars section, so they put their sig-fig in their signature. That way you don't have to keep looking around for someone's sig-fig and you can see it in a nice generated signature.

So who's to programm this? Definetely not me, and I don't think eiter of the History staff have the time for stuff as unnecessary as that.

If some people want to standardize their signatures I don't think a generator is needed as it's not going to be updated very often. Besides, I almost never see the signatures anyway as I'm mostly viewing the mobile version so I agree that signatures are a bit obsolete. (Says the guy with like 7 pics in the signature, at least they are tiny...)

Edited by Gideon

So who's to programm this? Definetely not me, and I don't think eiter of the History staff have the time for stuff as unnecessary as that.

That's why it's just a thought or an idea. I still think it would be cool to have and a bit more organized. :wink:

The whole signature generator thing was a random (but cool) thing Bob did in his spare time. It's not necessary really.

Does the Sig fig have to be a minifigure? I have been building with Legos for my Micro doll. She is 5cm tall and ball jointed and fits Legos perfectly.

Does the Sig fig have to be a minifigure? I have been building with Legos for my Micro doll. She is 5cm tall and ball jointed and fits Legos perfectly.

Some challenges might have restrictions on using non-lego parts.

Some challenges might have restrictions on using non-lego parts.

...and a non-minifig sigfig would make it difficult to share in the story with others (tho I suppose folks can create a minifig representation of the micro-doll, and vice-versa)

Hi :)

Angeli asked me to relay this msg:

" Hi guys :) Remember me? ;)

Long time no see, unfortunately.

As Drow where scheming and plotting (well, that should be expected from Drow:)), they (we:)) were exiled to the uncharted territories, and there we did nothing, as magic prevented us from returning here, in glorious lands of GoH :) For two years now, we've been quiet, but we followed the GoH story, silently :)

But, a large number of you will be visiting magical lands in Skaerbaek, during Fan weekend, with Goh related mocs - I will be there also :) Find me :) I will bring (I hope:) a tall red tower, so you can find me easier :)

In any case, I do hope we will be able to hang around together, swap war stories and drink and laugh together

Again, find me, as there is going to be 1000 people :) or contact me via e-mail: nemamime@yahoo.com

As I've seen there will be GoH table, I can bring something, if you want - I have 1m+ high tower, on 8x8 studs (very stable), 100 angels in same outfits (wings+ spartan helmet (and weapons), and another 100 angels, all unique, Drow warriors, Drow houses, etc. Just check my brickshelf, Trademeet is built, and I can bring anything.

And please, click me via e-mail or flickr, I don't want to push my luck with another post :) If you have a list of GoH people attending somewhere on forum, please link me :)

Here is the picture, so you can recognize my moc there, with a girl for size comparison:

pack-01.jpg

So, my friends, see you soon, I hope :)

Angeli"

But, a large number of you will be visiting magical lands in Skaerbaek, during Fan weekend, with Goh related mocs - I will be there also :) Find me :) I will bring (I hope:) a tall red tower, so you can find me easier :)

In any case, I do hope we will be able to hang around together, swap war stories and drink and laugh together

There is a specific thread for discussing GoH participation at Fan Events 2014, I will continue there.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you there and seeing some of what you the Drow have built!

Edited by Gideon

I'm not sure where else I'd ask this but are there other lands beyond Avalonia, Kaliphlin, Nocturnus, and Mitgardia? Like on the the other side of the world, assuming the world is Historica? If so, will those lands ever be for exploration sometime in the (near?) future?

I'm not sure where else I'd ask this but are there other lands beyond Avalonia, Kaliphlin, Nocturnus, and Mitgardia? Like on the the other side of the world, assuming the world is Historica? If so, will those lands ever be for exploration sometime in the (near?) future?

There's Valyrio, and I think DM has some, but for the average member these are off limits I believe.

There's Valyrio, and I think DM has some, but for the average member these are off limits I believe.

Valyrio is closed for just about everyone but a select few members. There has to be lands beyond the four guilds, otherwise it just wouldn't make much sense. I say something about exploring new lands beyond the four guilds should be something the regulators and moderators of GoH should consider. Think of it as "The New World", just like the thirteen colonies. :wink:

Building in Varlyrio is fine, it is just not a joinable guild. This may get revisited later, but will probably have to wait until the guild leaders have enough support in running GOH. At the moment a Varlyrio faction is supporting the Black Spire's claim on Nocturnus.

Building in Varlyrio is fine, it is just not a joinable guild. This may get revisited later, but will probably have to wait until the guild leaders have enough support in running GOH. At the moment a Varlyrio faction is supporting the Black Spire's claim on Nocturnus.

That's what bothers me, I wouldn't want to build for a faction that I have no idea would be like. I know you'd be thinking that's odd but I'm sure there are would other landmasses, continents, like the four guilds. I guess what I'm getting at is what is on the other side of Historica? What are the lands like and will there ever be new guilds established there.

And what I'm really getting at is, I know thi would be wrong for me to say, but I would love to be a "Guild" master. I know there are other people who would deserve the position(s) more than me because of my "reputation" here and since I haven't been here too long but I can still hope. :innocent:

Valyrio is closed for just about everyone but a select few members. There has to be lands beyond the four guilds, otherwise it just wouldn't make much sense. I say something about exploring new lands beyond the four guilds should be something the regulators and moderators of GoH should consider. Think of it as "The New World", just like the thirteen colonies. :wink:

This already has been discussed. Whereas finding new land is almost certain in the future of the project (we have some things up our sleeves), most likely we won't see a new join-able guild any time soon. Also, if we were to open a new guild, it is likely there would be a lopsided "rush" to the new guild that might upset the current balance. That thought, and because GoH was in a membership lull at the end of Book I kept Varlyrio closed.

That's what bothers me, I wouldn't want to build for a faction that I have no idea would be like. I know you'd be thinking that's odd but I'm sure there are would other landmasses, continents, like the four guilds. I guess what I'm getting at is what is on the other side of Historica? What are the lands like and will there ever be new guilds established there.

And what I'm really getting at is, I know thi would be wrong for me to say, but I would love to be a "Guild" master. I know there are other people who would deserve the position(s) more than me because of my "reputation" here and since I haven't been here too long but I can still hope. :innocent:

Why bother with lands outside of Historica when you've barely explored the already well-established guilds? Since you don't want to build for a faction you don't know anything about, why wouldn't you build for a Guild you do know something about, like Kaliphlin? I wouldn't worry about what's over the horizon when the existing Guilds already have so much variety to offer.

Also, I don't think it's your "reputation" that's holding you back, it's your lack of one. Get out there and build, boy!

Edited by MassEditor

Why bother with lands outside of Historica when you've barely explored the already well-established guilds? Since you don't want to build for a faction you don't know anything about, why wouldn't you build for a Guild you do know something about, like Kaliphlin? I wouldn't worry about what's over the horizon when the existing Guilds already have so much variety to offer.

Also, I don't think it's your "reputation" that's holding you back, it's your lack of one. Get out there and build, boy!

I find that the exploration into the unknown to be fascinating. There are more possibilities to be discovered on the other side of the Historica world. I would love to see some sort of contest or exploration challenge in the future involving possible foreign lands beyond the four guilds. I love Kaliphlin but my main problem with it is the terrain. It seems like the Middle East with the deserts and such when I originally thought it was like Ancient Greece and Rome, that sort of deal. I don't know whether it is or not with what people are building. I definitely intend to have something to do with that sort of era later on in the future. Is Kaliphlin right for this or would there be a possible land better for this? I don't know and I'm starting to get worried about that the more I think about it.

As for building, I'm stumped! I just don't know what to build right now. I've tried a few things but it just doesn't satisfy me. I guess I have Builder's Block? And the pun was definitely intended. :grin:

Kaliphlin has more than just deserts, you know; go read the Guild threads, and...I think there's a landscapes of Historica thread, too? They should mention the various environments that can be found there.

If the surface bores you, tho, make like the dwarves and move underground! :grin: Maybe you can find a lost civilization beneath Kaliphlin, full of the Classical architecture expected from the southern guild... some ancient human city that was lost to time, or perhaps an ancient dwarvish settlement intentionally built underground, where some ancient clan broke off from traditional Mitgardian dwarvish customs and set out to start a new way of life... Greco-Roman dwarves, in an underground city made of marble, deep beneath the southern lands, lost to the ages. You can do vignettes of their life in the distant past, or have some more modern characters discover the ruins of the city, trying to piece together the puzzle of the ancient dwarvish world so far from their snowy homeland... maybe there's a small pocket of them still living in some corner of the lost city, very different from both the original inhabitants as well as modern dwarves, strangers to modern Historica and the long-forgotten surface world their ancestors knew well.

I find that the exploration into the unknown to be fascinating. There are more possibilities to be discovered on the other side of the Historica world. I would love to see some sort of contest or exploration challenge in the future involving possible foreign lands beyond the four guilds. I love Kaliphlin but my main problem with it is the terrain. It seems like the Middle East with the deserts and such when I originally thought it was like Ancient Greece and Rome, that sort of deal. I don't know whether it is or not with what people are building. I definitely intend to have something to do with that sort of era later on in the future. Is Kaliphlin right for this or would there be a possible land better for this? I don't know and I'm starting to get worried about that the more I think about it.

As for building, I'm stumped! I just don't know what to build right now. I've tried a few things but it just doesn't satisfy me. I guess I have Builder's Block? And the pun was definitely intended. :grin:

The terrain is mediterenean, which would include Greco-Roman terrrain and architecture - and its most definitely up for interpretation. (As long as you do not start moving around mountains, lakes or so... :tongue: So just build away! :wink: MAybe the Zar-Ifrikt (spelling?) builds in Greco Roman style? Or as someone suggested, the Capital of Kaliphlin could contain some Greco-Roman buildings.