Bobskink

Duplo Boba Fett, need some help and advice

Hello,

I'm working on a new Duplo Duo, but I seem to be stuck.

I'm making a Boba Fett (the second one is still top-secret) but I have troubles painting the figure.

The ainting itself is not the real isseu, the problem is how far can I go with the detail...

It's really driving me nuts. The helmet is no problem, in fact I'm really happy with the head. The torse is also not a real problem, but the arms and legs are reallt hard. I want to stay relatively tru to the Duplo spirit, so not to mush detail on the limbs, but I have the feeling it's a little to simple compared to the head and torso. I don't k.now if it's my imagination, since I've been looking at the guy for to long.

here's a front vieuw

9042991361_733f36ee59_z.jpg

from the side:

9042990951_e9bfcba5e2_z.jpg

and the other side, the lighting is not great...

9042990557_977ba561ff_z.jpg

I sculpted the head myself, it's my second try, the first one turned out to big.

All comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Well compared to the old LEGO minifig, the arms and legs are fine. The old System helmet and torso don't have that much weathering on them, though, so maybe that's making them look too complex. But since you say you like the head as it is, then I would at least paint the dark red vambraces onto the arms.

The newer System version comes in two variants, one with and one without printed legs, but neither with printed arms, and it's generally agreed that neither looks as good as the Cloud City Boba Fett that has printed arms, printed legs, printed hips -- the works. So I think you could simplify the helmet and torso, but I think it would be a better solution to paint simple versions of the vambraces so that this would be a simplified version of the Cloud City Boba.

That looks really good!

I agree, maybe something small on the arms to add some contrast, but not too much detail is needed. Just enough to break up the color scheme.

Granted, I don't know much about SW figures, so off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you what to change.

you need to listen to them there both professionals!

you're right, they make excellent well funded points. Thanks a lot.

Wow, this is both brilliant and fun! The helmet sculpting looks very well done and personally I think the current amount of detail on the arms and legs is fine (although I'm sure the addition of vambraces wouldn't do any harm either). Well done :thumbup:

I'm intrigued to find out who your second character will be..?

I finaly completed this project, but can't take good pictures, so just a sneek peak:

11835976943_2e9b1da70d_z.jpg

As you can see, I've painted the arms aswell.

Lol, that's pretty neat. Any chance we will be seeing a better front view of Han?

sure, when I can get that blur out of my camera

sure, when I can get that blur out of my camera

That's annoying, hope you can fix it. But still, if you got a Cloud City background, it'll just be more realistic :tongue:

Jokes aside, you did a really great job on this figure :thumbup:

He reminds me a bit of the 'Galactic Heroes':

VadersBountyHunters.jpg

Totally awesome custom, that is one duplo fig I would put on my shelf (being a huge boba fett fan that is :laugh: )

Yea the added detail looks great but keeping it simple stays true to Duplo figures.

Awaiting more of this when you have more images :classic:

Anything more on this?

I fixed the problem, I will take new pictures, but since the Cuusoo rules have changed, I don't really feel like putting all my energy into a project which will I never get to post.