Looks like trick #1 Minifig hand grip a plate or tile unfortunately isn't working any more (LDD v4.3.8, Brick v1564.2).

Just test two random arm positions, still working. Did you forgot to rotate the [ red plate 1x2 with shaft 12 M ] 90 degree?

19171852762_1777e6f461_b.jpgLDD trick #1 Minifig hand grip a plate or tile by Nachapon S., on Flickr

LDD trick #12 Half LDU precise move quick template (0.5 LDraw Unit = 1/16 plate)

From left to right, simply make the green template by 4 steps. Please make sure that there is a (Half LDU) gap between tile and technic brick.

It is exactly half LDU. Export them to lxfml and check.

The origin height of technic brick = 0.

The origin height of tile = 0.98000013828277588 cm.

0.98 - 0.96 (brick height) = 0.02 cm = half LDU

18990888768_5012308fe5_c.jpg

LDD trick #12 Half LDU precise move quick template by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Just test two random arm positions, still working. Did you forgot to rotate the [ red plate 1x2 with shaft 12 M ] 90 degree?

Oooo, completely missed that part. Which is weird, I could swear I've tried your trick with older LDD and don't remember the 90 degree step. Thanks!

LDD trick #12 Half LDU precise move quick template (0.5 LDraw Unit = 1/16 plate)

From left to right, simply make the green template by 4 steps. Please make sure that there is a (Half LDU) gap between tile and technic brick.

It is exactly half LDU. Export them to lxfml and check.

The origin height of technic brick = 0.

The origin height of tile = 0.98000013828277588 cm.

Hi, Can I get the LXF template?

Oooo, completely missed that part. Which is weird, I could swear I've tried your trick with older LDD and don't remember the 90 degree step. Thanks!

You are welcome!

Hi, Can I get the LXF template?

You can built the template in seconds then save as a LDD template.

1. Place a 1x1 brick with side stud.

2. Place a 1x1 technic brick hole onto the side stud.

3. Place a 1x2 tile above both of them. Please make sure that there is a (Half LDU) gap between tile and technic brick.

4. delete the 1x1 brick with side stud.

5. Add two brick as a template.

When you want to move something half LDU. Select something together with one(tile or technic brick) of the template. Then drag the template to fully connect (no gap anymore). Then something been moved half LDU. The moving direction depend on the orientation you place the template.

Edited by bbqqq

LDD trick #13 : changing FOV (field of view)

Tutorial to change FOV field of view of Lego LDD

1. Place at least one brick or open any LDD file

2. File -- Export model -- Save as type -- LXFML

3. Edit the LXFML at about 9th line

3.1 For wider FOV (wide angle/ fish eye lens) change fieldOfView value smaller than 80

ie: fieldOfView="80" change to fieldOfView="10"

3.2 For narrower FOV (ISO view, tele lens) change fieldOfView value bigger than 80

ie: fieldOfView="80" change to fieldOfView="180"

4. save the LXFML

5. Open the LXFML by drag and drop it into LDD window.

6. Drag the edge of the brick pallette to far right side will resize it to maximum size, then drag it back.

7. Have fun!

Usage samples:

wideangle/ fish eye lens

ISO view, tele lens

Edited by bbqqq

LDD trick #13 : changing FOV (field of view)

Tutorial to change FOV field of view of Lego LDD

1. Place a least one brick or open any LDD file

3.1 for wider FOV (wideangle/ fish eye lens) change fieldOfView value smaller than 80

3.2 for narrower FOV (ISO view, tele lens) change fieldOfView value bigger than 80

4. save the LXFML

6. Drag the edge of the brick pallette to far right side will resize it to maximum size, then drag it back.

7. Have fun!

Usage samples:

For some reason I see no videos - you could also provide direct link to its source so in such case one can view it on its website...

For some reason I see no videos - you could also provide direct link to its source so in such case one can view it on its website...

Please try this link:

1. Place at least one brick or open any LDD file

3.1 for wider FOV (wideangle/ fish eye lens) change fieldOfView value smaller than 80

3.2 for narrower FOV (ISO view, tele lens) change fieldOfView value bigger than 80

4. save the LXFML

7. Have fun!

That's it?

That's the answer.

I mean, I knew, I knew that the FOV line was there in the .lxfml file, I've studied the .lxfml format up down and sideways, but I had it written off as unused since it appeared to do nothing.

I thought it had something to do with the OpenGL shaders and started tinkering with those. Managed to get some weird wide perspective effects but it wasn't as clean or as effective as this.

Man... what a piece of software this is.

Anyways, thank you.

Edited by Alcom1

That's it?

That's the answer.

I mean, I knew, I knew that the FOV line was there in the .lxfml file, I've studied the .lxfml format up down and sideways, but I had it written off as unused since it appeared to do nothing.

I thought it had something to do with the OpenGL shaders and started tinkering with those. Managed to get some weird wide perspective effects but it wasn't as clean or as effective as this.

Man... what a piece of software this is.

LDD is a piece of software that ... make me spend a lot of time using it.

Edited by bbqqq