Yooha

Ogrom's statue - Mason Teacher Challenge

Th Statue of Ogrom the dwarf

9027742846_0406f68c69_o.jpg

"See Son, this is the monument of a dwarf we must thank a lot. Centuries ago, during the Long Winter, when Historica was overrun by horrible creatures of the Frozen Beyond, the dwarves of Mitgardia were among the first who were attacked. While the troops of men were gathering near the place that we call now Cedrica, the people of dwarves fought in this valley. They knew that if they won’t hold on, the men wouldn’t have enough time to arrange their troops and plan a counter-attack. The dwarven women and children were sent south, while men fought until they could. But as the Dwarven King Ikpah saw the endless waves of the Cold Creatures coming and coming, he thought that everything was lost and ordered their troops to retreat. At this moment, he was killed by an arrow that came from nowhere.

A young and brave warrior called Ogrom, who was a distance relative of the king lifted up the winged helmet of the king, put it on his head and cried out loudly:

“I, King Ikpah was in despair, but the Gods sent me a sign and gave me courage again! I know now that even we all die here on this very day, our death won’t be meaningless. The people of this world are counting on us!”

He knew that the dwarves will listen to their true king only and chose to hide behind his name and die namelessly. He didn't want fame, he wanted only to defend the realm he loved so much.

After five days and night they fought valiantly. But the enemy overwhelmed them in the end and most of the dwarf soldiers died on that day. Their sacrifice wasn’t in vain though. The enemy was slowed down just enough for the remaining dwarves and all the people of Historica to reorganize and finally defeat the enemy.

When the dwarves found the body of the king after the war, they realize that it was Ogrom who lead them into that important battle.

His name was not forgotten after all."

9027742808_aa0cfdd290_c.jpg

9025515069_3fd3f36af2_c.jpg

9027742716_0f15f37e79_z.jpg

From a dwarf's perspective:

9025514991_d1ed591377_z.jpg

wow really interesting statue, and somehow really ASOIAF! I love it!

Love the dwarf statue. There have been a few Dwarven statue MOCs that I seen in the past. Yours ranks right up there with the best of them! I'm hoping to do one myself.

This is superb. the white-leaved tree gives it a very poignant elegiac quality. Lovely story and great build.

:classic:

Wow :oh: The dwarf statue is gorgeous, especially the beard :wub: I thinks some snow on top of the rocks on the left would look good, and some more dark green plates so that there is a little elevation change in some places.

The tree looks great :thumbup:

WOW!!! I really like it!! Great story, Nice details and the giant dwarf statue is awesome!!!