Savage Oppress

What Lego-related thing did you do today?

Yesterday we went for trip to Toys R Us only to find out they're not getting any of the new Technic kits in for about two weeks :( And the manager had no idea when Wave 3 of Skylanders Swap force would be arriving either.... On the positive side they did have all of the new Friends kits, except for S4 of the happy little animals, and some new Chima kits.

So, over the course of yesterday afternoon/early evening my son and I built all five of the Chima Legend Beasts, which I'm actually quite impressed with. The way they've constructed the heads, and the amount of character contained is awesome. My daughter and I assembled the Heartlake News Van and the Lemonade Stand, then the delivery man randomly showed up at 18:00 with the Sunshine Ranch I ordered from S@H. So we built the free Bakery Stand poly bag and called it a night.

This morning we built Stephanie's Beach House, only to find the sail for the windsurfer missing, which is quite disappointing but it's the first time I've ever had a piece missing. I'll get on to customer service and sort it out.

And finally, my son and I have just completed the 8043 Mobile Excavator..... it's absolutely fantastic! They're driving it round the living room right now taking turns seeing what they can pick up and move with it. I knew it was worth hunting down but I really am blown away with how impressive it is. We've been working on it for the past week and the end result is well worth it.

Well yesterday I had a fairly busy LEGO day :)

- Purchased a LEGO Technic set, stripped out the most expensive pieces (Power Functions) and now sold it for over a 50% profit :)

- Made a new video of my Technic rubbish truck MOCs in action and posted to my blog / YouTube.

- Arranged to buy some sets off a mate tonight to add to my parts collection.

- Posted on various LEGO forums / groups.

Yesterday we went for trip to Toys R Us only to find out they're not getting any of the new Technic kits in for about two weeks :( And the manager had no idea when Wave 3 of Skylanders Swap force would be arriving either.... On the positive side they did have all of the new Friends kits, except for S4 of the happy little animals, and some new Chima kits.

So, over the course of yesterday afternoon/early evening my son and I built all five of the Chima Legend Beasts, which I'm actually quite impressed with. The way they've constructed the heads, and the amount of character contained is awesome. My daughter and I assembled the Heartlake News Van and the Lemonade Stand, then the delivery man randomly showed up at 18:00 with the Sunshine Ranch I ordered from S@H. So we built the free Bakery Stand poly bag and called it a night.

This morning we built Stephanie's Beach House, only to find the sail for the windsurfer missing, which is quite disappointing but it's the first time I've ever had a piece missing. I'll get on to customer service and sort it out.

And finally, my son and I have just completed the 8043 Mobile Excavator..... it's absolutely fantastic! They're driving it round the living room right now taking turns seeing what they can pick up and move with it. I knew it was worth hunting down but I really am blown away with how impressive it is. We've been working on it for the past week and the end result is well worth it.

Can I ask how old your daughter is, and how she found the build on the Beach House? My daughter is 5 1/2 and is just starting larger builds - the Vet is her biggest so far - so I'm keen to hear how other kids go!

I went of a bit of a building blitz - started and completed the Parisian Restaurant (fantastic set), started the Unimog (daunting task), destroyed one MOC and started another MOC for the Pirate competition.

Eight hours of building and now it's time for a cup of tea...

Went to the first LUG meeting of the year.

I have my very first lug meeting Wednesday

As for today, did more sorting....

I destroyed my partially complete Corner Cafe that I had been BL'ing so that I could raid some of the pieces for a MOC in the Pirates competition. Then I had to disassemble an Ambulance for the same reason.

I have my very first lug meeting Wednesday

As for today, did more sorting....

Cool, meetings are fun. I should do more sorting too, instead I took pictures of my latest train MOC.

Can I ask how old your daughter is, and how she found the build on the Beach House? My daughter is 5 1/2 and is just starting larger builds - the Vet is her biggest so far - so I'm keen to hear how other kids go!

Apologies for the late reply.... my daughter will be 8 next month. We started with the Friends sets when they first came out in 2012, so she would be about the same age your little girl is now. Initially I had to help a bit, but it didn't take long for her to get her head around it all. She finished off the Sunshine Ranch today all by herself.... I've been relegated to sticker duty!

My son and I completed the Technic Container Truck over the weekend and I finally got around to doing the stickers on that today too.

And finally, I went to the Shell garage today, only to find that the Lego Ferrari promotion is over; I was under the impression it was on until February. Obviously not, but you can now buy the remaining sets without having to purchase the V-Power fuel. We already had all six cars as well as the minifigs, but I wanted another 150* Italia to do the alternate version.

I 'think' I finished my entry for the team Pirate competition. Actually that's not true - there's going to be lots of fettling and tinkering to be done, but the general structure and 'special features' are complete. I'm happy with it and can't wait to show you guys our combined entry!

Well last nights planned building session of 42005 didn't end up happening :(

By the time I mowed the lawns and then the wife wanted to move some furniture (including moving my LEGO in to the back bedroom) and sorting all this out I was stuffed.

Plans for the long weekend are:

- Build 42005

- Finish sorting my parts

- Make some changes to my rubbish truck MOCs based on some feedback and the pieces I have spare now.

- Start on my next MOC, sort of related to my rubbish trucks.