Savage Oppress

What Lego-related thing did you do today?

I just saw a photo of 21021 on Brickset...the new Architecture set for 2014. It is Marina Bay Sands, the weird looking resort building on the water in downtown Singapore.

Last week I rode by this a couple of times on a bus and in cabs, and it scared me just looking at it. Guess I lived in earthquake territory (Alaska) too long, but I would not even walk near that building much less go up umpteen floors to the wobbly looking top. And if there really is a pool on top, you would never catch me putting my big toe in it. Too scary for sure!

But it could make a nice set because it is so darn weird looking. The first time I saw it, it seemed like I was hallucinating....and I don't do drugs except the prescription kind.

If it is too early for this info, please vaporize this post. You can see the small photo at brick set under new sets in database.

Fixed my broken fridge door handle with a 2x8 plate.

/snip image/

Nicely done. It's like Lego is the new Duct tape - it fixes everything!

Nicely done. It's like Lego is the new Duct tape - it fixes everything!

Thanks. Who needs a Lego fridge magnet when you have a plate bolted to it?

You probably wouldn't want this ninja guarding the pizza in your fridge. :laugh:

Picture21142_zps3d8fe0f7.jpg

Opened the box that FedEx delivered containing my third grand emporium. Going to add a floor to the first two (that form the end of a city block and sit side by side) and use the ground floor of the latest one as the template/basis for a MOC Starbucks building.

Edited by Off the wall

Hosted my son's 6-year Lego-themed birthday party. It was great because all ages were represented at the party and everyone was interested in all the Lego-oriented activities. Usually the adults at children's theme parties are not engaged and look forward to leaving. Despite all the fun building contests we had for CMF prizes, by far the most enjoyable aspect of the party was the free-build session.

Hosted my son's 6-year Lego-themed birthday party. It was great because all ages were represented at the party and everyone was interested in all the Lego-oriented activities. Usually the adults at children's theme parties are not engaged and look forward to leaving. Despite all the fun building contests we had for CMF prizes, by far the most enjoyable aspect of the party was the free-build session.

We're ALL expecting an invitation next year.

I placed another BL order. It's for a older two story Freight building Modular MOC that's been renovated into something else.

Dang these are addictive!

Fixed my broken fridge door handle with a 2x8 plate.

Really cool. Though if I had to do something like this, I would first have thought of using a technic plate - I simply cannot do that much harm to lego. :laugh:

Enjoy the LM Miniland photos....it was a blast/heat wave for sure! (Eyes still crossed, but they should open fully tomorrow.)

Those models are incredible - I love the different colours of the stonework and the roof on Angkor Wat in particular.

Tried to build something with a travis brick before the weekend LUG meeting.

Really cool. Though if I had to do something like this, I would first have thought of using a technic plate - I simply cannot do that much harm to lego. :laugh:

Thanks. :classic: I thought about a technic plate but I don't have one in white. I do have a lot of regular white plates. One made the ultimate sacrifice for the fridge. :laugh:

Tracking my BL order using IFTTT. The package is currently in Kent, WA.

#ItsLikeChristmasComesOnceAMonthNowadays

I decide at

Stayed up past midnight building Horizon Express.

I decided to hit the hay at 11:00pm when I realised that if I started the next phase of my freight depot I'd be up until 3 am. Up at 7am and recommenced work....

I decide at

I decided to hit the hay at 11:00pm when I realised that if I started the next phase of my freight depot I'd be up until 3 am. Up at 7am and recommenced work....

Smart move. I was really tired and sleepy today. At least I got the train built. :classic:

train_zps04eeb187.jpg

Horizon Express engine with the 7710 MOD I did 30 years ago.

Had to clean my desk back home of all my Lego so I would have room to work; most of the intact sets are in plastic storage boxes now but I'm gonna set them back up as soon as I find a large enough space.