Savage Oppress

What Lego-related thing did you do today?

Patiently went through every Duplo mini fig listed on BL to find special ones that need to join our family. It was fun, but took hours. Also had to identify many of the Dupes in my collection by the sets they appear in so it is clear which ones are needed to fill the holes. Most of the listed ones are used if more than five years old, so it is a big gamble that they will be chewed on, faded, rubbed off, …. But I have had few problems with this on BL where sellers tend to describe the condition of each used figure in detail if there is a problem.

My tastes are quite specific with a preference for pastel colors and all skin colors except yellow, which they don't seem to use for Dupe faces. And I tend to avoid police, firemen, medical, pirate, castle, zoos, circuses and other non-plain city figures because I don't want to think about crimes, gas line explosion fires, serious illness, looting, shipwrecks, the Crusades, animals in cages, badly broken necks and other heavy duty topics. Dupes are an escape for me….if I want to hear the bad news, I go to the gym and use a machine in front of CNN. After about 30 seconds, I've had enough of all the bad things happening in the world. It is wonderful that there are so few Duplo collectors competing for the same little people! Shhhh!

Today I shipped my first BL sale. I had only 3 items for sale and this guy from Germany just cleaned out my shop! Yay!

I polished up my silly little Radagast's Sled model, and plugged it into LDD, which is the test of legitimacy. And it worked, all legal-like.

It's goofy, but I quite like its compact simplicty, considering I've been away from LEGO for nearly a year, and only now got to digging parts out [after a movie] to try building things again.

Over the course of this afternoon, and into the evening, my children and I built the 42023 Construction Crew. I let the kids pick a model each, leaving me with the Excavator.

I helped my daughter with the yellow Front Loader before she went to Brownies. This is the first proper Technic model that she's done and I thought she did really well. She knew exactly where everything went, but I had the help with plugging some bits in as those pins can be quite stiff.

My son found the Dump Truck a little easy compared to some of the more epic builds we've done together, but he's quite happy with it.

And finally, I got to build the Excavator and apply all the stickers this evening after getting them to bed and putting Star Trek Voyager on. Yes, I'm a geek.....

I rebuilt this old Lego Technic set I had bought in 1999 (when I was 8), after a 15-years-long oblivion. I was worried about the possibility that I had lost many parts, but in the end I found all in perfect state.

I am currently making this small vehicle move forward and backward along my desktop, as I used to do so many years ago... think I may begin crying.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2ynm59i.jpg

My daughter and I built the Heartlake Juice Bar after dinner. Which resulted in a long conversation about eating more healthily, and now we're off to town tomorrow to get some sort of blender/smoothie maker.

Received one of my last BrickLink orders and did some modifications with the parts on some of my MOCs.

Saw a prescreening of the LEGO Movie. Everything is awesome.

Edited by dr_spock

I Really enjoyed today, I've become a Lego related Ikea Hacker.

Trip to Ikea followed by Hobbycraft, getting high glueing Lego to cardboard. Now have sexy picture frames for my Minifigure collection.

Not reunited with my Minifigure collection till Monday as at my parents, can't wait.

Just need a few hours to sort out what to put in them! Will probably realise they are wonky when I come down from the glue fix!!!

Plus I might have ordered another set from Lego.com which I may have to hide from the boyfriend when it arrives!! "No darling I always had that set, it's just that you haven't noticed it before now"!

Made some more mods on my MOCs. Waiting for my currently last BrickLink order.

Finally got the rest of my collection out of the storage locker. Now it's time to organize 6 big old' plastic bins. :sceptic:

Pulled out my "Old LEGO" box and started building the sets to see which ones have missing parts and which ones to keep.

I will probably sell all of my System and keep the old Technic