Sign in to follow this  
blueandwhite

BTAS Batmobile

theaterindex.gif

After making something of a dud with my 'Burtonmobile', I've decided to give the Batman thing a second go with the Batmobile from the 1990 Animated Series. The smooth surfaces and simplified design of the Animated model made it ideal for converting into LEGO form.

Getting the canopy to slide forward while sitting flush with the hood of the car when closed proved to be a tad frustrating. Still, the final mechanism works wonderfully.

Check it out. Criticism is always appreciated :) .

deeplinks:

btas00.jpg_thumb.jpg btas07.jpg_thumb.jpg btas08.jpg_thumb.jpg btas12.jpg_thumb.jpg

Folder when moderated.

Later.

After making something of a dud with my 'Burtonmobile', I've decided to give the Batman thing a second go with the Batmobile from the 1990 Animated Series. The smooth surfaces and simplified design of the Animated model made it ideal for converting into LEGO form.

Getting the canopy to slide forward while sitting flush with the hood of the car when closed proved to be a tad frustrating. Still, the final mechanism works wonderfully.

Check it out. Criticism is always appreciated :) .

deeplinks:

btas00.jpg_thumb.jpg btas07.jpg_thumb.jpg btas08.jpg_thumb.jpg btas12.jpg_thumb.jpg

Folder when moderated.

Later.

Ah, nice and smooth. A "WIN!!1!" if I ever saw one.

-l2k-

I can't believe I spent all day in Brickshelf admiring this piece and trying to find the maker only to find that he's here! :-D

Anyways, this is truly an amazing work of art. I really like how you've actually covered the entire thing with slick, smoothe tiles. Remarkable! I'm also completely mystified about how you made the front curve like that, so major kudos to that! One thing I'm curious about is if it's possible to put a minifig inside. From the photos thus far, it seems like it can, seeing as how the cockpit is the regular type that comes in sets. But just in case, can it?

Your Burtonmobile, by the way, is yet another engineering marvel! I love how you build these Batmobiles! Though I may be late to contribute on how incredible it is, let me just say that it's also a work of art!

That's amazing... Sleek, smooth, and very accurate to the real thing.... Although the 4 wide window seems a bit to small to me...

Once again, that's amazing!!

Have a nice day,

Mr Tiber

Very cool indeed! *y*

I especially like the rear and how you

Anyways, this is truly an amazing work of art. I really like how you've actually covered the entire thing with slick, smoothe tiles. Remarkable! I'm also completely mystified about how you made the front curve like that, so major kudos to that! One thing I'm curious about is if it's possible to put a minifig inside. From the photos thus far, it seems like it can, seeing as how the cockpit is the regular type that comes in sets. But just in case, can it?

Take a closer look. The Batman minifig can be seen in a few of the photos (including photos with the cockpit closed). He fits quite nicely despite his oversized headgear.

Oh, and thanks to you and others for the compliments :-) .

Where can I view your Burtonmobile? Linkplz?

Right here. Next time, check his Brickshelf folder before asking.