Sign in to follow this  
M<0><0<DSWIM

[MOC] Steampunk Slave 1 (mini scale)

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Thought I'd take a break from fig building to focus on what got me into moccing in the first place: mini SW builds. Also, it's been a year since I built anything in the Steampunk theme.

steam1.jpg

As with all my builds, I tried to add as much detail as possible. Here's the furnace/engine.

steam2.jpg

This ship includes rotating wings, front panels that open to reveal a cannon, and a moving ramp underneath.

steam3.jpg

I do plan on building this in minifig scale at some point. Let me know what you guys think! :sweet:

steam4.jpg

Awesome I absolutely love it. Minifigure scale would be awesome.

Edited by Ham17

Instantly recognizable, fantastic detailing, great features, Steampunk....Yep, it's a great MOC.

You've done a great job with this, and it looks great. It seems just a bit on the narrow side in that first picture, but that's only a minor issue.

The propeller's placement was a creative and brilliant idea, and this reminds me that I need to get some of those ice cream pieces.

I'd love to see a minifigure scale version, but this one will be hard to beat.

Instantly recognizable, fantastic detailing, great features, Steampunk....Yep, it's a great MOC.

You've done a great job with this, and it looks great. It seems just a bit on the narrow side in that first picture, but that's only a minor issue.

The propeller's placement was a creative and brilliant idea, and this reminds me that I need to get some of those ice cream pieces.

I'd love to see a minifigure scale version, but this one will be hard to beat.

Thanks alot! It did turn out kinda narrow, but I didn't want this to be too bulky. Remember, this has to fly through the air rather than through space. As far as the minifig version, it'll be the same basic design just bigger! :laugh:

Awesome I absolutely love it. Minifigure scale would be awesome.

Thanks! Probably won't be for a little while, but alot of people have requested a minifig version so far.

This is quite cool... I might have to look into making some of SW steampunk MOCs myself. And yes, you MUST build a minifig sized Steampunk Slave :wink:

This is quite cool... I might have to look into making some of SW steampunk MOCs myself. And yes, you MUST build a minifig sized Steampunk Slave :wink:

I would love to see more builders make Steampunk SW builds. I have several other models in the theme, if you care to check out my Mocpages, Flickr, or on here. Mini fig scale Slave 1 is on the top of my list, now. :classic:

Is there a combination of building style and scale that you can't do well? :oh: This is a very impressive mini. You've kept all the steampunky detailing even at this smaller size. Whenever I see a steampunk MOC, I like to see that it looks almost like it could work, and you definitely have a skill for adding all the greebly goodness without overdoing it and without adding stuff where it wouldn't make sense. Hoses only attach to the boiler, pipes only appear on areas that look too thin to have them inside, gears are only exposed near things that rotate... :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

(I stole your subtitle for the blog post. :grin: )

I have a thing for Steampunked SW ships and this is awesome! You managed to put incredibly lots of great details! Congrats I really like it.

Is there a combination of building style and scale that you can't do well? :oh: This is a very impressive mini. You've kept all the steampunky detailing even at this smaller size. Whenever I see a steampunk MOC, I like to see that it looks almost like it could work, and you definitely have a skill for adding all the greebly goodness without overdoing it and without adding stuff where it wouldn't make sense. Hoses only attach to the boiler, pipes only appear on areas that look to thin to have them inside, gears are only exposed near things that rotate... :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

(I stole your subtitle for the blog post. :grin: )

Thanks for the blog, Doc! Whenever I build in this theme I truly try to imagine the vehicle working "for real". I'm glad you noticed all the practical details. :wink:

I like this Slave 1 better than the original, was never a fan of that ship. But this looks great! I like the sticker element, how you've done the angles on the nose, and the propellers are a nice way to finish everything off. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like this Slave 1 better than the original, was never a fan of that ship. But this looks great! I like the sticker element, how you've done the angles on the nose, and the propellers are a nice way to finish everything off. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks alot! It's nice to know I took a ship you don't like and made it likeable. :classic:

Great job with the swivelling engines/propellers. It's a very plausible VTOL setup.

The fold-out cannon is an awesome feature too!

Excellent work man!!!

Great job with the swivelling engines/propellers. It's a very plausible VTOL setup.

The fold-out cannon is an awesome feature too!

Excellent work man!!!

Thanks, man! Minifig scale version coming very soon!