Legogal

EB event Gunzburg 2013 - pictures and post-event talk

Yup, the EuroBrickers surely do know how to have fun! And they are extremely friendly.

It is very easy to to attend their event because no MOC is required, you don't have to set it up or break it down, you are not stuck behind a table for days answering dumb questions from yahoos, and it is much more relaxed, unlike BrickWorld or BrickFair in the US. So it is a low pressure event. And you get the added benefits of seeing behind the scenes at Legoland and buying lots of interesting bricks from their PAB in the brick store (called Fabrik in Germany.)

If they set the date for EB 2014 way in advance, maybe more folks from across big oceans can join the fun. Next time I will make time to spend more than one day with them because they do some interesting/FUNFUN things that you won't want to miss.

It was great meeting you, although just for a short time. And the event being in Europe, it's certainly an advantage for some of us. I was surprised that many came by car, and I really got in a mood for a car trip at the end of the summer (destination still uknown).

Yup, the EuroBrickers surely do know how to have fun! And they are extremely friendly.

If they set the date for EB 2014 way in advance, maybe more folks from across big oceans can join the fun. Next time I will make time to spend more than one day with them because they do some interesting/FUNFUN things that you won't want to miss.

Roadtrip is always nice. And to combine it with LEGO activity is even better.

I'm already planning next year's trip to Billund.

Redhead: thank you for company during the trip. I hope I was no too boring.

Is it normal to be so tired after the event? I hardly think about anything else than Lego. :wacko:

Yes, that is quite normal :wink: But you get used to it due to just awaiting the next years event when this one is just over :wub: :wub: :wub: especially when the next event is in Billund again :laugh:

It was great timing that you were there! Nice to see you again. :sweet:

Roadtrip is always nice. And to combine it with LEGO activity is even better.

I'm already planning next year's trip to Billund.

Absolutely. :grin: We're also already planning the drive to Billund, and also working out plans to kidnap a raccoon on the way up. :wink:

Absolutely. :grin: We're also already planning the drive to Billund, and also working out plans to kidnap a raccoon on the way up. :wink:

Kidnapping a raccoon on the way to Billund sounds like an excellent plan, it would be very beneficial for science if you manage to capture this elusive species. :sweet:

We can keep it sedated with plenty of beer if you can wrangle it to Billund :wink:

We'll also maybe have to shanghai a captain...

Bringing beer there and Lego back is very nice combination. Optimal usage of space :)

Only problem is if you dont drink it all and it then uses your precious boot space. But, knowing some of the eventees, I'm not too afraid of that. :P

I hope to be able to come one year. Any chance of one in the US? :3 This is Ameribricks, after all.

I hope to be able to come one year. Any chance of one in the US? :3 This is Ameribricks, after all.

The unofficial US Eurobricks event is Brickworld where we have all kinds of EB festivities led by Hinckley.

Everyone is planning a trip to Billund already?! :look: Well, I can understand that part, but not the raccoon...

Kidnapping a raccoon on the way to Billund sounds like an excellent plan, it would be very beneficial for science if you manage to capture this elusive species. :sweet:

Can we eat it afterwards? :grin:

Everyone should get one of these to remember there great trip to the beergarden ..........................

n_8833_lederhosen_guy_1000.jpg

Hi everybody,

just came home from Budapest.

me and my wife had a great time!

I really enjoyed the event and meeting everybody. :classic:

A big Thanks to the organizers of the event!

Kind regards,

Johan

Can we eat it afterwards? :grin:

:distressed:

Are you insane? NO! :angry:

Hi everybody,

just came home from Budapest.

me and my wife had a great time!

I really enjoyed the event and meeting everybody. :classic:

A big Thanks to the organizers of the event!

Kind regards,

Johan

Ohhh, Budapest, nice!

My mum says hi to you both. :classic:

Raccoons....did I hear raccoons? We have plenty of them in our backyard. How many do you need? Dead or alive?

Have to warn you that there has been an outbreak of rabies in our area, so eating a fox, raccoon, possum, deer, wolf, coyote, vole, mole, squirrel, rabbit, or snke from your backyard is not recommended in our area. Hubby loves to trap critters.... And we live in a town, not in the country.

The one thing I did not see in Europe this time was any signs of wildlife besides birds....not even roadkill, which are so common in the US. It reminded me of seeing only one rat in downtown Shanghai during 6 weeks in China.....they eat everything there, including all the birds, so no one expects to see wildlife or roadkill.

One of the thrills of driving in the US is admiring the wide variety of roadkill. When my daughter in law first arrived from China four years ago, I was explaining to her how many deer collide with autos in NC in one year....over 6000. Just at that moment a highway dept. dump truck passed us....loaded with dead, roadkill deer! They even have cook books for roadkill here. Yup, we got too many Bambis for their and our good.

Pretzel guy looks so cute! I did buy some pretzels at Legoland....and they do look good enough to eat!

Ohhh, Budapest, nice!

My mum says hi to you both. :classic:

Hi Calacon,

thank you for your message! Please send our regards to your mum. :classic:

Wait! Did I see our great emperor Bonaparte building a Friends set? :oh:

I can think of the reason though. :head_back: Looks like you all had a great time, and great weather too! I'm sorry to have missed out again.

Next year Billund I'm on!!

Wait! Did I see our great emperor Bonaparte building a Friends set? :oh:

Don't worry dude, it was a ship. :laugh:

Raccoons....did I hear raccoons? We have plenty of them in our backyard. How many do you need? Dead or alive?

Have to warn you that there has been an outbreak of rabies in our area, so eating a fox, raccoon, possum, deer, wolf, coyote, vole, mole, squirrel, rabbit, or snke from your backyard is not recommended in our area. Hubby loves to trap critters.... And we live in a town, not in the country.

The one thing I did not see in Europe this time was any signs of wildlife besides birds....not even roadkill, which are so common in the US. It reminded me of seeing only one rat in downtown Shanghai during 6 weeks in China.....they eat everything there, including all the birds, so no one expects to see wildlife or roadkill.

One of the thrills of driving in the US is admiring the wide variety of roadkill. When my daughter in law first arrived from China four years ago, I was explaining to her how many deer collide with autos in NC in one year....over 6000. Just at that moment a highway dept. dump truck passed us....loaded with dead, roadkill deer! They even have cook books for roadkill here. Yup, we got too many Bambis for their and our good.

Pretzel guy looks so cute! I did buy some pretzels at Legoland....and they do look good enough to eat!

ROFLOL

If I hadn't been attending Communidade 0937's event Arte em Peças in Portugal at the time, I would have tried to make it to Günzburg. Next year, in Billund... that's on the to do-list :)

Oh, dang! - that would have been a nice suprise to see you again.

See you in Billund then! :cry_happy:

I can't believe it's been over a week since the event! I truly can't wait until next year.

I can't believe it's been over a week since the event! I truly can't wait until next year.

Signed!

My BS-folder will be filled in the upcoming hours.

The folder is still not public.. Would love to check out all the pictures our paparazzi shot :wink: - would you mind opening the folder for the public? Or is it just me who is unable to view it? :look: