Legogal

EB event Gunzburg 2013 - pictures and post-event talk

Driving south was obviously the way to go. There were about 10 drops of rain, and that was it for the whole day. And while we were driving back home, the weather reports for Gunzburg and the area around were really bad. The sun made lots of difference, as it was lovely to enjoy the park in such a fine weather.

I was home at about 6 pm on Sunday... the weather was really bad when 'doc, Bony, Steven, Dana and I drove back home, so I guess we were lucky with this fantastic weather the days before. :laugh: it seems we always have great weather at an event (remember the sunny weather in Windsor two years ago) when it's not in Billund... And I won the quiz! yoohoo!! :sweet:

thanks every one for a really great event and see you next year! :laugh:

Is it me or in every picture of him, CopMike looks ripped. :grin:

I am going to say that this is probably due to the fact that he is a police officer in Sweden. :wink:

As a Highways Engineer I both cringe away at the lack of cats eyes but whistle with appreciation at the distinct lack of potholes!

That would explain those big pot holes we drove into 2 years ago.... :tongue:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I am going to say that this is probably due to the fact that he is a police officer in Sweden. :wink:

Well not all police officers in the States are very fit, so I can't say police being ripped is the norm here. :look:

Any way, let's get back to topic everybody! Honestly, seeing these photos make me want to really come to this event next year. :blush:

PS Hit 200 km/h on the A-bahn - that's another crossed off the bucket list!

And I thought I was going fast at 180 km/h on the way to the airport :look:

There seems to be a disproportionate amount of LEGO bags infront of Rufus/Pandora and Cecilie...

Just saying :look:

I swear, none of those were mine :look:. I had my Lego in ace's backpack :laugh:

Awesome pics everyone :sweet:. Hope to see you again next year!

I've managed PAB cups so far. And I'm on a tight schedule, trying to have it done by Friday, so my nephews visiting will help with the sets.

Nice pics... Need to sort mine first next weekend.

I've managed PAB cups so far. And I'm on a tight schedule, trying to have it done by Friday, so my nephews visiting will help with the sets.

Yeah brick sorting too already started. Really tensed to see all the pics you made.

The event was a wonderful and relaxing time for me. Having fun, talking, eating, drinking, building, ... . I am already looking forward to next year!

Mine is one small bag at the back!

so its good that I was next to you, because my bags occupied more than my space. :)

More pictures:

Waiting outside the Fabrik (after 2 hours browsing):

dsc_0001.jpg

The new Ninjago - fly - whatever - thingy (the left side filled with EB'ers):

dsc_0009.jpg

The Dfenz' family can use everything! The only ones who bought in the 'discount' :hmpf: tent:

dsc_0012.jpg

Our tourgide in Miniland:

dsc_0054.jpg

Second evening: Build with what was brought TO the event:

dsc_0123.jpg

The new 4D-movie with Chima-power (before we realised it was all in German):

dsc_0194.jpg

The master of the polybags:

dsc_0146.jpg

Louis Vuitton guard (Lasse D):

dsc_0155.jpg

It's always the same: The AFOL are coming!

dsc_0167.jpg

The best Biergarten I have ever gone to Hirschgarten/München:

dsc_0181.jpg

Mahlzeit! :grin:

dsc_0182.jpg

Back to business again (LEGO store Pasing):

dsc_0188.jpg

Another Biergarten, still good (Zur Linde Günzburg/Deffingen):

dsc_0233.jpg

And the Kirchenbauerhof - highly recommended if you are planning a trip to Legoland Deutschland! Nice, quiet and cosy place not only for AFOL but also for families especially with small children.

dsc_0292.jpg

Great to hear about and see pictures from another EB adventure! Glad that everyone seemed to have so much fun, it's really wonderful that you guys are able to organize events like this.

The new Ninjago - fly - whatever - thingy (the left side filled with EB'ers):

Nice shot! :grin: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

dsc_0182.jpg

Hey, looks like I made it to the event after all! :grin:

I'll definitely try my hardest to come to Billund next year, I don't want to miss out on any EB Event fun with all you great people.

too bad we had to work (teachers, they only allow us to use regular vacations...).

Wow, looks like you guys had a great time! We have a Hofbrauhaus here in Pittsburgh, USA, but I wish I good have seen the real thing in Munich! Thanks for the pictures everyone.

Looks like everyone had a ball. Hopefully, I can join in the fun next next year!

Heh, while you were all waiting outside Fabrik I was on the Ninja ride again :grin: Hence the abandoned bag.

Also, Heroica players might spot Tesni, Guts and Namyrra taking up station to guard my beers while I gave out the books I had brought for people! :laugh:

Superb photos! It is the best EB annual tradition, to see such great and fun event photos! I got to meet up with you guys in real life! I am sure it will be awesome!