Sign in to follow this  
adventuresinlego

Broadway Musical MOCs - Tony Awards Special

In honour of the upcoming Tony Awards I thought I'd share some Musical MOCs with you guys that we've made this year: (apologies in advance if these are too big, I'm relatively computer illiterate...)

tumblr_mnsf4do7AO1r7d758o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnt67aG6MK1r7d758o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnt64r6Z2d1r7d758o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnpzwo13B31r7d758o1_500.jpg

More can be found on our Musical MOC Flickr Set

Would love your most honest and brutal critique, we're all about getting better at it and the advice would be awesome, this weekend we're doing 3 more for the Tony Awards on Sat-Mon so will utilize any advice we're given!

All of these are lovely and instantly recognizable, but boy I love that rain technique for Singin in the Rain! I don't think I've ever seen that done before. The MOC would've evoked the scene even without it, but the rain really brings it to the next level and makes you feel the downpour. Storms are something harder to convey in LEGO, but you've done a great job making it happen, with such a simple technique too.

Sorry I didn't have any brutal criticism for you.

Yeah, I gotta agree, instantly recognizable, we have similar taste in musicals, and that rain technique is spot on! I love the Audrey II as well, very cool and nicely colorful! I think that the Rocky Horror picture show is the only one a little lacking - it could be a little more colorful or wonky, but other than that, I love them all and superb job!

...but boy I love that rain technique for Singin in the Rain! I don't think I've ever seen that done before. The MOC would've evoked the scene even without it, but the rain really brings it to the next level and makes you feel the downpour. Storms are something harder to convey in LEGO, but you've done a great job making it happen, with such a simple technique too.

Thanks! I'm not quite sure what we did that was special or that worked but it's fantastic to hear you dig it so much! The only thing we really put thought into was making sure we angled the photo correctly to hide how he's in mid-air hahaha

I think that the Rocky Horror picture show is the only one a little lacking - it could be a little more colorful or wonky, but other than that, I love them all and superb job!

Rocky Horror was easy to convey through minifigures, the hard part was working out what scene to build, didn't want a scene that had a whole bunch of ensemble members so went with this one, one day will recreate another scene from it, have many ideas!

Thanks! I'm not quite sure what we did that was special or that worked but it's fantastic to hear you dig it so much! The only thing we really put thought into was making sure we angled the photo correctly to hide how he's in mid-air hahaha

I was talking about the rain. I've seen trans-blue plates used as water before, sure, but not as rain. Honestly I would not have even expected that to work, which is why it impressed me.

Wow those are fantastic and easily recognizable. My fiance is a huge musical buff and would love these! Maybe if I show her she'll lift the ban on buying Lego and I can finally get the pet shop.

I was talking about the rain. I've seen trans-blue plates used as water before, sure, but not as rain. Honestly I would not have even expected that to work, which is why it impressed me.

Thanks that's a brilliant compliment, honestly, it was done in complete innocence haha!

Two my favorites in there. :wub: Excellent work.

Oohh, cool, which ones?

Wow those are fantastic and easily recognizable. My fiance is a huge musical buff and would love these! Maybe if I show her she'll lift the ban on buying Lego and I can finally get the pet shop.

Hahaha YES! I hope it works! Show her all of them haha

DarkDragon just likes to see people get eaten. :look:

bahahha

Little Shop of Horrors and Sweeny Todd

:dhappy:

thanks! Gotta decide on 3 more for this weekend, haven't got long to do it in either! d'oh!