Sign in to follow this  
Stefan

[MOC] ATV-4 "Albert Einstein"

Hello!

The ATV (Automated Transfer Vehicle) is ESA’s unmannded resupply spacecraft for the ISS.

The mission of this “real world X-Wing” is not only to transport cargo and propellant, but also to reboost the Space Station into a higher orbit. Currently, it’s the most powerful resupply spacecraft with a cargo capacity of more than 6.5 tonnes.

The fourth ATV , named after the famous scientist Albert Einstein, will be launched today on an Ariane 5 rocket at ESA’s spaceport in Kourou.

You can read more about the ATV here:

http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Human_Spaceflight/ATV/Mission_concept_and_the_role_of_ATV

8958986316_e0cb13f23f_z.jpg

8958980944_89307c61ae_t.jpg 8958980258_938f96e2fe_t.jpg 8957780743_9427e00e9c_t.jpg

flickr | Brickshelf

Best regards,

Stefan

Very nice. The details on the front add a lot, and the idea for the solar panels are quite creative.

Great work :thumbup: :thumbup: Very well detailed :wink:

It looked real when I first saw it - awesome job! :)

Hahaha I thought the same thing 100%! I opened the topic and thought "Hmmm well where's the Lego version?"

Absolutely outstanding work man!!!

Amazing, love the solar panels :thumbup: My first thought was: "Why's there no brick-built model only the photographs of the real thing :laugh:

So realistic! I'd like to see more space type things in real life, as it is the final frontier. This MOC or replica really is amazing.