-zenn

Piston Hover Pickup Truck

Been away from building for a while; work and BF3CQ kept me all too busy.

But I couldn't help myself picking up the pieces and build a Lego house something. :laugh:

Somehow it puts my mind at ease and makes me relaxed... Anyway, here you go, without further delay:

8946852619_2e45df9eb6.jpg

Piston; a hover pickup truck inspired by 'Retro-futurism'.

More shots can be found at my Flickr Gallery

Comments and critisiscm welcome.

Great MOC! I really like the retro-futurist stuff, because that's what goes on in my head quite frequently.

Maybe this truck is something I would build in real life. :laugh:

Where do I begin?!?

The way you did the small lights in the front, in behind the minifig-backpack pieces, the pics on your flickr showing the detail of the tank in the bed of the truck, the roof, the... everything! One question, what is the small decal on the back window? Also, you should include the pic of the undercarriage, the detail is phenomenal.

Awesome work man! :classic::thumbup:

Thanks guys! :laugh:

Only Sinner>

Wish we would have hovercars and bikes by now... But the future lost its promise.

So we have to make it up ourselves. :sweet:

B34TBOXX5>

It's a shrunken head. :wink: I actually made the undercarriage for a NCS project which didn't work out, but it was too nice not to use.

Normally I would mod a whole bunch of pieces btw, only modded 8 on this build. Which are all hidden away from view. :tongue:

Chro>

It has to have some sort of element that it could be real. :classic:

I've missed your builds man, always a great infusion of retro, scifi, and awesome :grin:

Si-MOCs> Aw, sorry man. Wasn't my intention, already working on a couple of more builds. Thanks for the kind words. :sweet:

zenn, your parts useage and overall aesthetic quality is something I've always admired. Once again you've made a fine creation that looks great! I particularly like the 'solid', tough look of the body, as well as the part combination in the grill area and on the bottom for the hover nozzles. This is a model that really shows your talent!

Lovely design! The detailing around the front bumper is stunning :wub: Nice touch with the angled tile over the windshield :thumbup:

The hover "wheels" fit the truck perfectly :classic:

Nice little MOC! Really enjoy the attention to detail on this scale. The design instantly reminded me of Back To The Future, so great job on the retro-futurism.