Sign in to follow this  
rongYIREN

Dragonfly Helo

Hey Everyone,

It's still a WIP but at least I've got it brick built.

Originally I thought that I'd have this one knocked off my 'to do' list with just a couple quick Bricklink orders. However, 4 Bricklink orders later as well as two local orders made here in Taiwan and still I'm lacking parts. I might just give up brick building for the much easier digital building... yeah, right.

The final color should be a Neon-Green and Dark Purple scheme. Not the Red that you see here.

I think one of the ideas I wanted to explore with this model and which would explain the inclusion of the Galaxy Squad member in the cockpit is that it is a craft designed to mimic the Insectoid vehicles which would allow GS to covertly infiltrate Insectoid base camps... or something like that. Or... maybe not.

Anyway, critiques are very welcome. I'm looking forward to finalizing this guy.

(UPDATE!) Now in Purple...

9092973553_00145195c4.jpg

9092841139_dfc5ba3992.jpg

[short-Tailed Version]

9094961124_628b0b4702.jpg

9095291178_4e2d297318.jpg

9094961360_40bc0d8bfe.jpg

[below] - New Longer Tail

9114790147_407a858ab7.jpg

[Previous Posts]

8926349206_05b3164436_z.jpg

The LDD version of the purple Helo

8959997358_152a756a1a_z.jpg

Thanks,

rongYIREN

Edited by rongYIREN

While I'm fond of the red, purple sounds even better. The Ninjago Rattlecopter-style tail looks absolutely awesome and the general bulk is rather good. It looks pretty swooshable, too.

Insect form aside, this would have fit in with the Atlantis theme well, in the current color scheme. I'm looking forward to seeing it in the intended purple. Great job, as always!

That's a very cool design, and I like the infiltration concept. The red looks good but I am interested to see how the purple turns out.

Fantastic build, and I can't wait to see the finished product. My favorite bit has to be the eyes. They're just so "buggy".

Very nice but reminds me of something from the Atlantis theme. It is suppose to represent a grasshopper?

While I'm fond of the red, purple sounds even better. The Ninjago Rattlecopter-style tail looks absolutely awesome and the general bulk is rather good. It looks pretty swooshable, too.

Insect form aside, this would have fit in with the Atlantis theme well, in the current color scheme. I'm looking forward to seeing it in the intended purple. Great job, as always!

That's a very cool design, and I like the infiltration concept. The red looks good but I am interested to see how the purple turns out.

Fantastic build, and I can't wait to see the finished product. My favorite bit has to be the eyes. They're just so "buggy".

Awesome MOC! :thumbup:

Nice colors! :wub:

Hey guys,

I really appreciate the feedback! I uploaded the LDD version of the purple dragonfly just to give you an idea while I wait for the Bricklink orders to arrive.

The tail rotor is the old design and will not be used for the upcoming brick-built version of the purple dragonfly...

Very nice but reminds me of something from the Atlantis theme. It is suppose to represent a grasshopper?

Thanks! Actually it is supposed to be more of a dragonfly. :classic: Edited by rongYIREN

Hm. The eyes look kind of strange; the problem stands out especially in LDD, but I'd recommend you to use a smaller size for the dish inside the Insectoid-style eye.

Hm. The eyes look kind of strange; the problem stands out especially in LDD, but I'd recommend you to use a smaller size for the dish inside the Insectoid-style eye.

Ha, now that you mention it, they do seem to look a little strange on the LDD version. Like zombie eyes.

I'll see what using a smaller dish can do for it. Thanks!

Fantastic! Now it needs to be an official set. What a great color scheme! I see it went back to the bugs...the design fits the buggoid very well.

The purple and trans green are gorgeous :drool: Great work capturing a "bug" feel and the back rotor design is superb :classic:

Purple awesomeness. And I see you've got the eye problem sorted out. Also, did I mention it's awesome :laugh:?

Purple awesomeness. And I see you've got the eye problem sorted out. Also, did I mention it's awesome :laugh:?

Thanks! The latest model now has slightly longer tail and with that I guess I'm done with this guy... :classic: