Pillars,table, and chairs inspired by Gideon's cool interior for challenge VI, and the doors were inspired by some of SoT's stuff.

I had fun with the figs and furniture in this build. Also used a couple of tips from Gideon concerning presentation.

Joktan and Jayan are meeting with some Hradcanny nobles in one of Hradcanny's many great halls:

overview.JPG

table.JPG

chandelier.JPG

figs.jpg

back.JPG

More pictures here: link

All C&C appreciated :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

wow, this is ever so cool, wish I had that many dwarves. Very dwarvish if I might say so, love it!

Sweet! :sweet: I should do some dwarven stuff, because it looks so nice. Great job on that table and chairs, the windows behind slopes and your figs! :thumbup:

wow, this is ever so cool, wish I had that many dwarves. Very dwarvish if I might say so, love it!

Thanks kabel! I used all of my short legs in this, most of them were from CMFs :classic:

Sweet! :sweet: I should do some dwarven stuff, because it looks so nice. Great job on that table and chairs, the windows behind slopes and your figs! :thumbup:

Thanks Ecc! Would love to see some dwarven builds from you :thumbup: The chair design was also borrowed from Gideon :classic:

Excellent job SK! This is a beautiful build, and you just keep turning out more and better MOC's

Nice interior, you managed to do what I didn't (and hence removed from the final version of my build) and create the outline of a vaulted ceiling!

Good use of the black plates, I don't see even a hint of light seeping through any cracks :classic:

I also like your chandeliers and especially the minifig composition, really nice gathering of dwarves you have managed to create there!

Excellent job SK! This is a beautiful build, and you just keep turning out more and better MOC's

Thanks Kayne :sweet:

Really nice! Love the window idea!

Thanks, I had a bunch of gold lattices from a PaB wall and wanted to work them in to add to the gold colorscheme :classic:

great MOC! love your dwarf collection

Thanks Legonardo, I really like them too, will probably be using some of them again (or very similar versions) :classic:

Nice interior, you managed to do what I didn't (and hence removed from the final version of my build) and create the outline of a vaulted ceiling!

Good use of the black plates, I don't see even a hint of light seeping through any cracks :classic:

I also like your chandeliers and especially the minifig composition, really nice gathering of dwarves you have managed to create there!

Thanks, the supports for the missing ceiling were necessary so I'd have somewhere to hang my chandeliers :laugh: And yes the black plates worked great, thanks for the tip :classic:

Wow! Amazing work! I might have to add some dwarves too... :wink:

Looks good! And very dwarven.

Thanks, glad that the dwarven style was apparent :classic:

Wow! Amazing work! I might have to add some dwarves too... :wink:

Thanks Infernum, looking forward to some dwarves from you :classic:

Great build, amazingly solid and both the chair designs and the chandeliers look awesome!

Great build, amazingly solid and both the chair designs and the chandeliers look awesome!

Thanks! I really like those designs, I will probably end up using them again in the future :classic:

Looks great! Love the brick-built doors and the chandeliers.

Good work bro!

Love the wall texture and the pillars.

I do feel like the floor could be done in another color to make the MOC pop though.

I do feel like the floor could be done in another color to make the MOC pop though.

I don't know, it looks very organized and dwarvish. Some slighty more ornate highlights maybe. I think it looks great as is. :classic:

Nice, so many dwarfs!

Thanks, 18 to be precise :laugh:

Looks great! Love the brick-built doors and the chandeliers.

Thanks Kristel, I wanted to try a different door design than I've done before and thought these fit the build well :classic:

Good work bro!

Love the wall texture and the pillars.

Thanks Z! The pillars made things interesting as the space between them was an odd number of studs, so I offset the wall sections between the pillars by half a stud to get an even number to work with, then I offset the sections back to normal and hooked everything up at the top. If you look closely you can see the difference. Good suggestion for the floor, another color would definitely draw attention :classic:

Cool. Dwarves, being great miners of gems, should have fancy stones for flooring!

I'll have to take a closer look at the walls to see the complexities. It doesn't look awkward at all, so you must have had a good solution.

Cool. Dwarves, being great miners of gems, should have fancy stones for flooring!

I'll have to take a closer look at the walls to see the complexities. It doesn't look awkward at all, so you must have had a good solution.

Yeah, I do have tons of 1x1 trans red and green tiles, the pillars hide the gaps from offsetting the walls, you can see the gaps in the picture i showed of the back though. Comparing the final layer of bricks to the 2x3 inverted slopes in the walls is the easiest way to spot the offset :wink:

I love the vaulted ceiling and all the dwarfs! I need to do another dwarven moc...

I love the vaulted ceiling and all the dwarfs! I need to do another dwarven moc...

Thanks Torgar! And you definitely should, your last one was stunning and I'm sure another one would be just as impressive :thumbup: