Sign in to follow this  
mutley777

Battle Pack Alternatives

Great moc CommanderFox and the Lead General. They are both great designs. I like how yours The Lead General can fit into an AT TE.

Great work!

Great moc CommanderFox and the Lead General. They are both great designs. I like how yours The Lead General can fit into an AT TE.

Great work!

Thanks, the boot is my favourite function of the AT-TE

Great alternate CommanderFox! One suggestion would be to turn the wings down one more click to give it a fast look. :thumbup:

Thanks prateek! :sweet:

Great moc CommanderFox.

Great work!

Thanks! :sweet:

CommanderFox

Here is my battle pack alternative, a MT-RV, multi troop recon vheicle, made out of 2 clone walker battle packs.

Side view- http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4276803

Front view- http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4276804

Top view- http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4276805

Other side view- http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4276806

Back view- http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4276807

Folder- http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=415090

Edited by captainrex66

If you want to deeplink,

first check the size of your image, (EB requires a maximum size of 800x600)

Here's a link to deeplinking:Link

So many great designs, I'm looking forward to seeing what gets made with the new Hoth BP's.

So do I! :sweet:

I have very high expectations for this, Users of EB, you'd better not fail! :wink:

Feel the urge! The urge of proving your building talant! :wink:

A nice BP alternate captainrex66. :thumbup:

I have very high expectations for this, Users of EB, you'd better not fail! :wink:

Feel the urge! The urge of proving your building talant! :wink:

Yes, I can't wait to try my luck at doing some alternates with the new BPs! :cry_happy::wub:

CommanderFox

This has really inspired me. As I only buy one of each (I'm now made for not getting two phase 2 clone bps) I will try combining two battle packs.

I just discovered that you can also build a Mini Twilight out of one Scout Walker Battle Pack (not that anybody would want to! :tongue: ):

p1060555.jpg

p1060562.jpg

p1060557.jpg

p1060558.jpg

p1060560.jpg

p1060561.jpg

p1060563.jpg

It only takes one BP, and you will have a whole bunch of left over pieces too. :thumbup: What do you think?

I just discovered that you can also build a Mini Twilight out of one Scout Walker Battle Pack (not that anybody would want to! :tongue: ):

*SNIPY*

It only takes one BP, and you will have a whole bunch of left over pieces too. :thumbup: What do you think?

Instructions Pleeease! :cry_happy:

Great job on it Oky! :wub::thumbup:

Im going to have ago at doing some Alternatives with the new BPs hopefully tomorrow. :classic:

CommanderFox

That's a really well done mini you've designed there Oky :thumbup:

It's likeness to the Twilight is striking.

:thumbup:

Thanks. :classic: I have recreated it in LDD (as well as I could) in order to create instructions, but I don't know how to post them here, and the model is still pending approval in the Design-by-Me gallery on Lego.com. When I save the instructions as HTML and link to it here, it says "server not found" when you click on the link. Can anybody help?

Wow! That's incredible! :oh3:

I would love to see instructions of that!

Now I need to think of something to make with my battle packs. Any suggestions? :grin:

Well, there seems to be a high demand for alternatives of the 2010 BPs, so if you have those, you could try to do something with those. For example, you could try to come up with a different kind of vehicle that uses the chasis of the speederbike from the Imp. BP. :wink:

snip

Wow. "Impressive, most impressive."

Edited by KimT
pics snipped. No need to quote a full post when replying

Thats a really great alternative Oky. They shape is spot on and seems to be really proportioned well.

Great job!

I just discovered that you can also build a Mini Twilight out of one Scout Walker Battle Pack (not that anybody would want to!):

Very cool Oky! The accuracy and detail is spot-on for that scale, nice work!

8014 is one of the best battle packs by far. The minifigs and parts choice are superb and have so much use. Incidentally, for those who haven't seen this already, I came up with a midi-AT-AP using 2 x 8014s:

at-ap_01.jpg

And only two pieces left over! Pic links to original thread.

wow, that's really good, I guess the challenge now is "what mini can you make from a battle pack?"

Wow Oky, that's just awesome! I hate how TLC changed the colours of the Technic pins from grey and black to blue, red, tan, and all sorts of other ridiculous colours :hmpf_bad:

Awesome your midi-AT-AP pedro :thumbup:

This is another Scout Walker Battle Pack Alternatives.

I make a speeder Bike with one pack. I hope you like it.

cwbp-alt-speederbike-001.jpg

cwbp-alt-speederbike-002.jpg

More pics here

it's a nice challenge to make alternatives :tongue:

I made a microscale Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser using about 30-35 pieces from a copy of 8014 Clone Walker Battle Pack:

4262867059_a94a259b3d.jpg

001.jpg

Here's the technique I used for the front:

010.jpg

011.jpg

The side wedges sort of lock into the cheese slope, so it doesn't fall off easily.

Leftover pieces (minus one extra light bley cheese slope which I lost during the making of this :hmpf_bad: ):

014.jpg

I've got more pics here when public.

Some notes:

• I spent 30 minutes to 1 hour making it. I woke up today and got an idea of how to make the wedges with the dark red tiles slant, and started making this, and after a few adjustments, got what you're seeing now.
  • I know that the back isn't accurate, but it was the best I could do with all of the weird parts in the battle pack.
  • I didn't use the dark red 1 x 2 tiles for the middle stripe because they aren't long enough, and it would be a pain to try to find a way to get them to stay in place!
  • I was going to upload a video showing the technique on the front in action but my dad decided to turn off the internet 2 minutes before the 100 MB video was done uploading. :hmpf:

What do you guys think? :classic:

Well, there seems to be a high demand for alternatives of the 2010 BPs, so if you have those, you could try to do something with those. For example, you could try to come up with a different kind of vehicle that uses the chasis of the speederbike from the Imp. BP. :wink:
Thanks for the idea! I'll try making something with that next. :sweet:
Wow Oky, that's just awesome! I hate how TLC changed the colours of the Technic pins from grey and black to blue, red, tan, and all sorts of other ridiculous colours :hmpf_bad:
The blue pins actually work well for my Venator, since the thrusters are blue in the larger set. :tongue: Edited by ILikePi