Sony + LEGO. What do you think? Seems like a natural brand expansion to me.

Very interesting. I wonder if there will be any licensing deals for Sony based sets.

Really cool. It seems alright to me, feels a bit like mindstorms but with more "normal parts".

I like it! Now, they need to develop an interface with a PS4, have games work with your lego models and it would be awesome! Imagine building a city layout and it interacts with what happens on a TV screen!

Take that XboxOne! :laugh:

I don't care for this. Lego's games have always been absurdly childish and simplistic. This comes from a d00d who plays table top games quite commonly. Lego's physical games just plain suck for the vast majority of people who aren't small kids. The appeal that attracts adult Lego fans is for the most part non-existent in all their crappy table top games. I wouldn't have much faith in this either. I know it's a prototype so I'll wait for my final judgement but I'm not expecting anything. Seems forced honestly.

Well I am a technic builder and I think that the small actuators and motors would be really cool (if the motors have enough torque to do more than wheel something small around), but I have high hopes for the actuators considering their size and the fact that they can snap legos apart. The playstation controllers may be a little bulky to combine especially since they are not lego and do not have pin holes and studs for mounting, but the large number of buttons on the controllers could control a lot of different motors and actuators. I do also think that it would be fun to have something to drive around without spending tons of money on the ir and rc stuff. So I don't know about everyone else, but I think this is an amazing idea for both technic and non-technic builders alike, and the actuators and motors could also make a creation come to life e.g. a water wheel in a medieval town or a ship in a SW microbuild. All and all, I think this is one of lego's (and sony's) best ideas, and BrickG, they can probably be manipulated to be a childish toy or an advanced model.

So essentially this would result in something like Chima Spedoorz speeding around actually fighting one another rather than randomly being set off by someone zipping them up and letting go? That could be more appealing if you could actually control what the character was doing with a controller of some sort. Either one to one or with a computer as the opposition.

This very interesting. I can see his appealing to younger children even though this seems something I could be interested in, but I feel it could potentially get repetitive.

Edited by Nept

Seems too early to make a final judgment, but I definitely think it has potential!

I'm more interested in getting that smile fridge :laugh:

I think it looks great; I get disappointed that the components in things like this (mindstorms, for example) are proprietary. I'm more interested in being able to program my own software using FOSS (like Linux) to automate a city/train layout.

Still, this looks quite cool... obviously I want to do things that aren't intended, and I'll be better off building my own - I'm just not much of an electrical engineer, so pre-made things like these little controllable motors and actuators would be cool.