Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #70: The Syndicate

"I served for caravan leaders, mercenary groups, sellswords, all sorts of people. I have seen the best and worst in men. I came here to find some purpose. A mission that could keep me sober. Well we'll talk more about it later. How about you Lord Boomingham?"

Boomingham chuckles as Arthur sets to work on the electrical work. "As for me, Arnulf, I'd have to say much of the same. A mission to keep me sober. I like that." Boomingham glances over at the mage tinkering. How's that looking, boy?"

The Party:

BoominghamMock2.jpgIMG_1583-1.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

Level 23 2/3 Paladin *Immune to Fragile, Sleep and Weakened* *Encouraged!*

Power: 36 (+4**)

Defense: 12

Health: 44/44 (+2*)

Ether: 22/22

Gold: 23

Equipment: Scupperer (Great Sword, WP: 10, Darkness Fire, causes Bleeding Effect for 5 Damage until remedied or healed to full health) Round Metal Shield (SP: 7), Counterstrike Gloves (On Free Hits, Deals damage to enemy equal to Boomingham's level), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, Immunity to Fragile), Tome of Affluence (Generates 10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle, immunity to sleep and weakened, accessory) ****Pseudo's Blessing's Blessing (Not an Artifact, +4 Power)

Inventory: Frozen Saber (Great Sword, WP: 9, Light Ice, stunned effect), Bedroll, 3 Meads, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immunity to Ice), Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Marksman's Monocle, Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile for rest of battle, 5 ether, 50/50 chance), Scroll of Blindness, 1 Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragility, Scroll of Sealing, Garnet, Sapphire, Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (+4 to Power, -6 to Ether), Hamantasch (consumable, lucky + blessed effects upon consumption for the length of one battle), Admantite Shard, Everlasting Venom

46 Years Old, Human

Debts: 128 Gold Arthur, 1 gold Docken, 75 gold Sorrow

ava-arthur.jpgava-RogueLionCommander.pngArthur_LionDisguise_PNG_ava.pngArthur_Sorcerer_Ava1.jpgArthur_TownGuard_Salute_ava_border.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII (played by Flipz), Level 23 2/3 Sorcerer, 21-year-old male Human *Immune to Sealed* [ Currently in: Quest #70: The Syndicate] *Encouraged!*

Power: 36 (23 + WP:13)

Health: 35/35 (Basic Health: 5 + Level Bonus: 22 + Class Boost: 4 + Permanent Boost: 4*)

Ether: 33/33 (Basic Ether: 5 + Level Bonus: 21 + Class Boost: 1 + Robe of the Archmagi: 5)

Defense: 3 (Robe of the Archmagi)

Gold: 128 (Owed 128 gold by Boomingham; owed 50 gold by Grimwald Gjinko; owed 70 gold by En Sabah Nur,)

Equipment: Unlucky Horseshoe (WP:13, retrievable, causes Jinxed-effect; throwing weapon), Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear, SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to Sealed), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.), Overkill Gloves

Inventory:

Weapons: Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Hollow Blade Dagger (WP:6, dagger, hollow-blade [Mulled Wine]), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5, Light-Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging), Spider Leg (WP:8, doubled against flying enemies; spear; unsuitable)

Artifacts: Scarf of Misfortune (Accessory, Wearer deals the Jinxed effect on every third round), Shackles of War (Accessory, Prevents anyone from fleeing battles), Cloak of Deception (Backwear, Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent), Ancient Crown (Headwear, First successful strike of battle deals Cursed-effect), Jester's Hat (Headwear, Wearer may choose to gain one immunity from targeted enemy), Stingy Gloves, Sticky Gloves

Gems: Opal (Ice), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Garnet (Earth),

Tools: Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass

Scrolls: Scroll of Blindness, 2x Scroll of Sealing (1x Lent to De'kra), Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, 2x Scroll of Frailty (1x Lent to Nyx), Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the Badly Poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of Luck (Grants target the Lucky-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.), Scroll of Weakening,

Consumables: Potion, Grand Potion x5, Remedy x10, Elixir x3, Nostrum x 5, Smelling Salts x 5, Mead x 4, Jinxy Juice x2, Ether Core, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the Badly Poisoned effect for the duration of the battle and the Confused effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Zoot's Plaything, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Tesla Bomb

8754914213_901950bc39_t.jpgKarie Alderflask (Played by Kintobor)

22 year old Human Rogue, lvl 11 *Encouraged!*

Power: 17 (lvl 11 + WP: 6)

Health: 17/17

Gold: 89

Defence: 0

Equipment: Sexy (WP: 6, Rapier, Disregards SP, usable by Knights and Rogues), Catsuit (Wearer has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; suitable to women only; bodywear. ), Lover's Locket (Protects from enamoured effect)

Inventory: Potion (5), Mead (2), Remedy (2), Venom (1), Smoke bomb (1), Telescope (1), Bedroll (1), Heirloom Dagger (WP:3), Map of Brendenton (1), Spider Coin (worth 1 gp) (1),, Topaz, Scroll of Newtity (costs 10 ether)(usable by ex-Amphibians only), Ethereal Cloak (SP +2, Max. Ether +4), Catsuit (Wearer has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; suitable to women only; bodywear. )

ava-arnulf.jpgArnulf Bishop (Shoker86)

30 yrs old male human Rogue *Encouraged!*

Level 9

Power: 18 (9+8+1)

Defense: 3

Health: 15/15 (7+8)

Gold: 43

Equipment: Cheesy Dagger (WP:8, Double damage to vermin), Tricorne (SP:3)

Inventory: Leather Armor(SP:1), 4 Potions, 3 Venoms, Remedy, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, 2 Meads

ava-em.jpg

Name: Unknown. Most call him "Em," though his real name remains largely mysterious.

Unknown age male human ranger

Level 9

Power: 15

Health: 14/14

Gold: 28

Equipment: Bow(WP:5), Ranger's Quiver (+1 WP to all Bows/Crossbows), White Marksman's Hat - (â…™ chance of Assassination vs. Flying monsters; Headwear)

Inventory: Smoke bomb, Grating Stone, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion x5, Remedy x3, Gentleman's Hat (SP: 1, suitable for men, headgear. The wearer has a 1/2 chance to not be affected by Asleep.), Venom, Ice Bomb

QM Note: I've given Arthur his Overkill/Stingy gloves. :tumubp:

Arthur keys in a combination into the fuxebox, poking and prodding the fuses and their cases.

0X0

X0X

0X0

X0X

XXX

0X0

X00

X00

0XX

X00

XX0

X00

As the entire panel glows blue, Arthur grabs the yellow lever and wrenches it down, the fuses illuminated ina burst of white light before they simmer out completely. They can hear the crackles of electricity naviagting through the cables, eventually going outside... it reaches the mechanism above the portcullis. From inside they can hear the grinding of gears and this hiss of some sort of chain, the Portcullis screeching as it rises up. They head outside, and, lo and behold:

FWHxD2U.png

The Portcullis had risen, high enough for them to duck under. From around the twist of the alley, they can hear muttering voices:

"New twin sais are nice - much easier to stab and manuever. Far better then those petty shanks we used to use."

"Hoods are a bit sifling, though."

"Can only help on the longrun, if we have the run for it down the line. New bow isn't enough for you?"

"Hmph. Point taken. So... cold drinks after Sir lets us off the hook for the night, yes?"

"Grrrrrngggh."

"Heh, seems like scaly here wants one too."

Edited by Endgame

"Would have thought they'd hear us rattling. Come along, let's go see what these chaps know." Boomingham ducks under the Portcullis and walks forward, Scupperer still drawn.

"Time to crash some skulls, or should we stealth aproach them?" Arnulf follows Lord Boomingham

OOC: Did you put the bomb in Boomingham inventory

Edited by Shoker86

OoC: Sorry, generally as PL I allow people to keep what they find, the Bomb should be Arthur's, but I never said it explicitly. :thumbup:

QM Note: Noted, Zepher. :thumbup:

Boomingham, Scupperer in hand, leads the party down the alley. They navigate through the bends, the awful odor of Sceleris alley becoming apparent: busted gutters on the buildings above drop filthy water and mud in the alley, essentially contaminating it. The sickening slop eventually oozes outward over time, some areas of the alley being completely drenched in the stuff. The party cringes as they are sometime forces to step through the muck... At least they weren't wearing their best shoes, at any rate. After trudging throughout the filthy Alley, the party comes across the sources of the voices:

CdN8wS3.png

Two figures stand in the narrow alley, weapons in hand. They wordlessly get into a predatory stance, ready to attack if provoked. A rather large clambers through the sludge behind them, quite enjoying his time in the muck. he snaps his monstrous jaws at the party, making his intentions clear. The three spiders on the wall snicker, only Em understanding their vitriol. Finally, the masked men speak:

59fA2Jc.png

"The hell are you?" one snaps.

BBBDiKx.png

"Not taking a daily stroll, by the looks of it..." muses the other.

MtqwyAv.png

"Grawwwwbhclckclk!"

<Intruders! Intruders!>

EVQsmur.png

"Snickerclickclicksnickerheheheh!"

<Guys, look at these clowns!>

EVQsmur.png

"Clickclicksnickhehehehclickclick!"

<I don't believe it... I thought Eubric put down monstrosities like these things.>

EVQsmur.png

"Clickclicksnickersnickerhmmmclickclick."

<Foul riff-raff like you aren't even worthy of walking these alleys.>

How will the party respond?

The Party:

BoominghamMock2.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

Equipment: Scupperer (Great Sword, WP: 10, Darkness Fire, causes Bleeding Effect for 5 Damage until remedied or healed to full health) Round Metal Shield (SP: 7), Counterstrike Gloves (On Free Hits, Deals damage to enemy equal to Boomingham's level), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, Immunity to Fragile), Tome of Affluence (Generates 10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle, immunity to sleep and weakened, accessory) ****Pseudo's Blessing's Blessing (Not an Artifact, +4 Power)

Inventory: Frozen Saber (Great Sword, WP: 9, Light Ice, stunned effect), Bedroll, 3 Meads, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immunity to Ice), Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Marksman's Monocle, Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile for rest of battle, 5 ether, 50/50 chance), Scroll of Blindness, 1 Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragility, Scroll of Sealing, Garnet, Sapphire, Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (+4 to Power, -6 to Ether), Hamantasch (consumable, lucky + blessed effects upon consumption for the length of one battle), Admantite Shard, Everlasting Venom

46 Years Old, Human

Arthur_TownGuard_Salute_ava_border.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII (played by Flipz), Level 23 2/3 Sorcerer, 21-year-old male Human *Immune to Sealed* [ Currently in: Quest #70: The Syndicate] *Encouraged!* *Lucky!*

Health: 35/35 (Basic Health: 5 + Level Bonus: 22 + Class Boost: 4 + Permanent Boost: 4*)

Ether: 33/33 (Basic Ether: 5 + Level Bonus: 21 + Class Boost: 1 + Robe of the Archmagi: 5)

Gold: 128 (Owed 128 gold by Boomingham; owed 50 gold by Grimwald Gjinko; owed 70 gold by En Sabah Nur,)

Equipment: Unlucky Horseshoe (WP:13, retrievable, causes Jinxed-effect; throwing weapon), Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear, SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to Sealed), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.), Overkill Gloves

Inventory:

Weapons: Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Hollow Blade Dagger (WP:6, dagger, hollow-blade [Mulled Wine]), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5, Light-Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging), Spider Leg (WP:8, doubled against flying enemies; spear; unsuitable)

Artifacts: Scarf of Misfortune (Accessory, Wearer deals the Jinxed effect on every third round), Shackles of War (Accessory, Prevents anyone from fleeing battles), Cloak of Deception (Backwear, Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent), Ancient Crown (Headwear, First successful strike of battle deals Cursed-effect), Jester's Hat (Headwear, Wearer may choose to gain one immunity from targeted enemy), Stingy Gloves, Sticky Gloves

Gems: Opal (Ice), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Garnet (Earth),

Scrolls: Scroll of Blindness, 2x Scroll of Sealing (1x Lent to De'kra), Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, 2x Scroll of Frailty (1x Lent to Nyx), Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the Badly Poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of Luck (Grants target the Lucky-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.), Scroll of Weakening,

Consumables: Potion, Grand Potion x5, Remedy x10, Elixir x3, Nostrum x 4, Smelling Salts x 5, Mead x 4, Jinxy Juice x2, Ether Core, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the Badly Poisoned effect for the duration of the battle and the Confused effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Zoot's Plaything, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Tesla Bomb

Equipment: Sexy (WP: 6, Rapier, Disregards SP, usable by Knights and Rogues), Catsuit (Wearer has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; suitable to women only; bodywear. ), Lover's Locket (Protects from enamoured effect)

Inventory: Potion (5), Mead (2), Remedy (2), Venom (1), Smoke bomb (1), Telescope (1), Bedroll (1), Heirloom Dagger (WP:3), Map of Brendenton (1), Spider Coin (worth 1 gp) (1),, Topaz, Scroll of Newtity (costs 10 ether)(usable by ex-Amphibians only), Ethereal Cloak (SP +2, Max. Ether +4), Catsuit (Wearer has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; suitable to women only; bodywear. )

Level 9

Inventory: Leather Armor(SP:1), 4 Potions, 3 Venoms, Remedy, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, 2 Meads

ava-em.jpg

Name: Unknown. Most call him "Em," though his real name remains largely mysterious.

Level 9

Equipment: Bow(WP:5), Ranger's Quiver (+1 WP to all Bows/Crossbows), White Marksman's Hat - (â…™ chance of Assassination vs. Flying monsters; Headwear)

Inventory: Smoke bomb, Grating Stone, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion x5, Remedy x3, Gentleman's Hat (SP: 1, suitable for men, headgear. The wearer has a 1/2 chance to not be affected by Asleep.), Venom, Ice Bomb

Edited by Endgame

"Are you on Stealer's payroll boys?What are you up to?" Arnulf sharpened his sences for hostilities that's about to begin

"Hold on. We're walking into a battle, and you guys are just going head first? Typical, bloody typical. Hope you guys brought gator repellent, because for one don't intend to be reptile food. God, sometimes I wonder why I follow you guys..."

Karie follows the rest of party, feeling anxious. Partially because of the gator, but more due to him. He could be down here. And she didn't want to run into him after leaving a boot print in...

Karie slinks to the back of the party after hearing the two men's remark.

Edited by Kintobor

"Are you on Stealer's payroll boys?What are you up to?" Arnulf sharpened his sences for hostilities that's about to begin

The one in the silver mask fumes.

59fA2Jc.png

"Gnrk - it was probably those little slugs...!"

BBBDiKx.png

"To be fair, friend, they're just children. Naive. Besides."

He makes a sweeping gesture towards the party.

"They'd never be capable of standing up to him."

Edited by Endgame

"Karie, Karie, we'll turn the Gator into Gatorade. Show us some spirit, it's unusual to see you down " Arnulf whispers to Karie "I know, i don't like facing him again, but we'll have to"

The one in the silver mask fumes.

59fA2Jc.png

"Gnrk - it was probably those little slugs...!"

BBBDiKx.png

"To be fair, friend, they're just children. Naive. Besides."

He makes a sweeping gesture towards the party.

"They'd never be capable of standing up to him."

"Are you talking to me you silver monkey, look me in the eyes boy, It's the last you will see"

Karie takes out her dagger and begins to flip it in the air.

"So did you join the watch first, or Heroica, Private? I'm not sure why a Town Watch member would want to join Heroica, or vice-versa."

"Heroica. Joining the Watch is a...penance of sorts. For past sins. And it gives me a chance to stamp out the Wolfgang. That's a change that will only come through violence...and in the end, that's all a Hero is truly valuable for--violence and destruction. With the Watch, at least, my duty will make sure I'm destroying that which needs to be destroyed, keeping me on track even when I falter."

"Stealer? Wha--? What's going on? Do you two know who these men are?"

Arthur quickly drinks a Nostrum. Ah, see you already did it. Also, I think I only need one profile pic, thanks. :poke:

Edited by Flipz

QM Note: Gonna let some RP/ohgodthestealerisherewhy, as well as let Em prepare, before I kick this battle off.

"No, I have no clue who the Stealer of Senses is! I was never involved with his nephew or anything of the matter! I didn't even know he had a nephew! Please don't kill me, or my cohorts! We know nothing about the Stealer!"

Karie was obviously lying through her teeth, as her words sounded forced and melancholy. The Stealer was the last person she wanted to meet again, particularly after his promise had the two crossed paths again. She leaned into Arthur.

"You're some poignant Town Watch guy, do something official like!"

She turned her attention to the two men in the alley.

"So um... I was here because I heard the Wolfgang were down here. I'm here to return this shmexy awesome catsuit. You know where I could find them?"

There was a tinge of fear in her voice. She found it hard to stand still without shaking. She could feel the Apprentice's cold fingers wrap around her like a boa constrictor, squeezing her of her air. She found it hard to breathe.

BBBDiKx.png

"The Wolfgang aren't going to be the Wolfgang much longer, m'lady."

59fA2Jc.png

"Returning the suit so soon? Heh heh... You'd probably be the only one who could distract him from his work in that cat suit... For about all of 3 seconds. The boss is quite the workaholic. From what I've seen the poor guy hasn't slept in 48 hours."

The black-masked goon elbows his silver-masked cohort.

Edited by Endgame

"Stealer? Wha--? What's going on? Do you two know who these men are?"

"Yes Arthur, we know who the Stealer of Senses is. Theese man are wearing the same uniform as he. On our first mission for Heroica, we killed his apprentice, but unfortunetly he survived with his weapon, The Harvester, which rob people of their senses " He skipped some tough parts.

BBBDiKx.png

"The Wolfgang aren't going to be the Wolfgang much longer, m'lady."

59fA2Jc.png

"Returning the suit so soon? Heh heh... You'd probably be the only one who could distract him from his work in that cat suit... For about all of 3 seconds. The boss is quite the workaholic. From what I've seen the poor guy hasn't slept in 48 hours."

The black-masked goon elbows his silver-masked cohort.

"Is he in charge of the Armory? The Stealer?"

59fA2Jc.png

"Is this the part where we don eyepatches and cackle as we spoil our entire plan?"

They can almost hear the black-hooded man cringe.

BBBDiKx.png

"There is no need to be that sarcastic, friend."

Edited by Endgame

59fA2Jc.png

"Is this the part where we don eyepatches and cackle as we spoil our entire plan?"

"Your entire plan, son you are just the Stealer's muscle here, I have been sarcastic"

"I still don't understand...who is this 'Stealer of Senses'? Is he some ally of the Wolfgang? If that's the case, I could understand the need for concern, but as it stands I have no grounds to arrest these men. What would I charge them with, associating with animals? I'm afraid I'd have to arrest Master Em and every Ranger in the Hall if that were a crime. The Watch frowns upon travel through this area, but it's not a crime. Unless you can present me with evidence or testimony that these men are associated with the criminal element, I'm afraid we'll just have to let them go and be on our way to the Wolfgang armory. The law can't punish anyone without proof of wrongdoing--which is a good thing."

OoC: Just realized you're using the older Boomingham picture!

Boomingham watches Arnulf intently as he talks about the Stealer. "Bad egg," he says seriously. Barty nods just as seriously while hovering near his shoulder. His eyes wander through the ranks and lock on Karie, who seems to be having trouble breathing and is leaning heavily on Arthur. "Stand straight, dear. Take three deep breaths and then peel your body away from the private. I fear he's enjoying it too much."

"Arthur is right, chappos. We've no reason to dance the dance with you, unless you're planning on stopping our passage, which I'm feeling like you might be planning on doing. So, speak now or forever hold your peace. May we continue on, or do you want to stop us?"

Arthur blushes as Boomingham points out Karie's uncomfortable proximity--he himself hadn't fully noticed the ramifications of the situation until that moment. Gee, thanks, Alexis. It was funny--just a few months earlier, he would have been painfully aware of the experience from the moment the Rogue had started moving toward him. A lot had changed since then.

He threw an awkward glance at the woman pressed against him. Who is this girl, really? Why on Olegaia would she know Violetta? And why do I get the feeling that no one, not even Arnulf, has seen the real her in a long, long time? Speaking of Arnulf, the party's other Rogue still stood in front of the rest of the group, his movements jittery and erratic. It was clear he hadn't had much experience in the field, nor in diplomacy--or common sense, it seemed. Note to self: ask Boomingham to dress the guy down for his hastiness, and ask Barty to teach him patience. Or the Ranger--guy's spoken up less than me, but he seems competent enough. He's kept a close eye on the situation, that's for sure. Ought to talk to him at some point as well.

And then there was Boomingham. The man had been unusually quiet on the way here--but then, he himself hadn't been in a particularly talkative mood, either. He kept thinking of all the familiar faces he'd seen in the past few days--Nyx, Thothwick, Galen, De'kra, even Guts--and about what had happened at the Theatre. What would he do if something ever happened to them? No--what will he do? He himself knew that even with the Veterans' power, death could strike swiftly and without warning--and he trusted the Veterans even less than usual lately, anyway. But he couldn't go on every Quest, couldn't fight every foe for all of them--could he? "How can I protect them all?" Arthur was so intent on his thoughts, he didn't even notice Barty hovering next to Boomingham--squarely within angelic earshot of this barely-spoken thought.

QM Note: Gah, how'd I make that mistake? :blush: Fixed, Zeph.

"Arthur is right, chappos. We've no reason to dance the dance with you, unless you're planning on stopping our passage, which I'm feeling like you might be planning on doing. So, speak now or forever hold your peace. May we continue on, or do you want to stop us?"

59fA2Jc.png

"Thank Ennoc... someone with a little common sense. We don't consider ourselves evil, but... were the drawn weapons not enough? How about the hoods?"

The archer draws back an arrow, preparing to fire at the heroes. The wildlife behind him hisses and snickers, preparing to pounce on the party. Some heroes were resolute, others scared out of their minds....

BBBDiKx.png

"Engarde! May the best team win."

Prepare for Battle!

59fA2Jc.png "This should be interesting."

??? Peon (Silver), Level 20 Humanoid

HP: 250/250

SP: 2

Immune to Sleep, Stun and Sealing!

Specials:

Stab and Twist: The ??? Peon thrusts his Sai into the hero who rolled special damage's chest, doing 18 damage. Additionally, he twists it, cutting a third off of that hero's max HP for the rest of the battle.

Chug: Downs the Mead in his inventory, Encouraging him for 3 rounds.

Passive Specials:

Lust: This ??? Peon seeks his master's favor, defying the SP of heroes of a higher level than him.

Drops:

Mead, 50 gold

BBBDiKx.png "Nothing too personal... but one does not simply skip into the armory."

??? Peon (Black), Level 12 Humanoid

HP: 200/200

SP: 3

Immune to Sleep, Confusion, Stun and Sealing!

Specials:

Triple Shot: Hits the hero who rolled special damage, as well as the hero above and below him in the battle order, for 12 damage each.

Predator and Prey: Marks the hero who rolled special damage, dealing 10 damage to them at the end of every round.

Passive Specials:

Lust: This ??? Peon seeks his master's favor, defying the SP of heroes of higher level than him.

Back-Row Fighter: This ??? Peon fights from the back row, taking half damage from all non-ranged attacks. Does full damage to heroes in the back row.

Drops:

Smelling Salts

MtqwyAv.png "Graaaawwblrghd!" <Fighting time!>

Alley Gator, Level 40 Beast

HP: 450/450

SP: 7

Immune to Sealing, Blindness, Stun and Sleep!

Specials:

Tail Swing: The Alley Gator swings his mighty tail, tripping up the party. The hero who rolled special damage takes 40 damage, and all other heroes have a 1/6 chance of tripping on the tail and being Stunned next round.

Inner Beast: The Alley Gator roars and loses all restraint. The Alley Gator Hastens himself for 3 rounds, at the cost of permanently reducing his SP to 0.

Drops:

35 gold

EVQsmur.png "Skirtsnickerskritsnip!" <Is this a joke? Please tell me it's a joke!>

Arrogant Spider A, Level ?? Beast

HP: 120/120

Immune to Frailty!

Specials:

Venomous Bite: Bites the Hero who rolled special damage, injecting them with his own special blend of venom. The hero is Weakened and Blind for the next 3 rounds.

Passive Special:

Arrogance: This Spider has an ego bigger than itself. The Arrogant Spider's level matches the level of the hero attacking it.

Drops:

Grand Potion

EVQsmur.png "Skirtsnickersnickerheehee!" <Must be, I can hardly stop laughing!>

Arrogant Spider B, Level ?? Beast

Immune to Blindness!

Specials:

Venomous Bite: Bites the Hero who rolled special damage, injecting them with his own special blend of venom. The hero is Weakened and Blind for the next 3 rounds.

Passive Special:

Arrogance: This Spider has an ego bigger than itself. The Arrogant Spider's level matches the level of the hero attacking it.

Drops:

Grand Tonic

EVQsmur.png "Skirtskittersnipsnip." <Why fight those better then you, heroes?>

Arrogant Spider C, Level ?? Beast

Immune to Sealing!

Specials:

Passive Special:

Drops:

35 gold

The Party:

BoominghamMock2.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

46 Years Old, Human

Arthur_TownGuard_Salute_ava_border.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII (played by Flipz), Level 23 2/3 Sorcerer, 21-year-old male Human *Immune to Sealed* [ Currently in: Quest #70: The Syndicate] *Encouraged!* *Lucky!*

Inventory:

Consumables: Potion, Grand Potion x5, Remedy x10, Elixir x3, Nostrum x 4, Smelling Salts x 5, Mead x 4, Jinxy Juice x2, Ether Core, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the Badly Poisoned effect for the duration of the battle and the Confused effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Zoot's Plaything, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Tesla Bomb

Level 9

ava-em.jpg

Level 9

"Some thoughts, Lord Boomingham. You can Counterstrike any of the spiders from the Back Row without taking damage. I suggest we leave Spider B untargeted so you can Counterstrike it. I'll take Spider C, since I can kill it in one hit, and I suggest you take the gator. Em should take Silver."

Arthur casts Frailty on Arrogant Spider C and casts an Ice spell at Arrogant Spider C from the Back Row.

"Should I take a Smelling Salts, or would it just be a waste of a perfectly good consumable?"

"Oh, sorry Arthur, my bad. I've just... it's a long, touchy story."

Karie backed off from Arthur and drew Sexy. She still didn't feel any better closer or farther away from the Private, but she would just have to deal with it and get these thugs out of the way.

"I'm with whatever you guys are doing. I've got Sexy with me, so let me at either the silver or black peon."

"Righto, listen up. Ranger, you've got the one with the silver hood, and Karie, you're on the one with that other hood. I'll deal with the gator. See if you can't make it fragile, Arthur, then you and Arnulf are on spider duty. Leave on free, it'll come to me." Boomingham brandishes Scupperer and swipes at the gator from the front.

Battle Order

Boomingham

Arthur

Arthur

Karie

Em

Arnulf