I'm very curious what are the Lego Technic Sets that you dispaly ? Only flagships or smaller sets too ? My favourite sets that i keep on my shelf are 8043, 8265 and 9397.

Oh, and since i started this topic, what do you prefer on a set: looks or technicality ?

The original sets i have displayed are the 8275 bulldozer, 8109 flatbed truck, 8069 backhoe, 9396 helicopter, 9398 crawler and the b model "lawnmower" of 8256.

Modified sets i have on display is The Ultimate 8043, full RC 42006 excavator, full RC 8264 hauler and my modified 6x6 unimog 8110 RC

i like looks with powerfuctions. if i have to give in terms of looks to get it remote controlled, then i go for it.

Edited by Eigenbroetler

I have only 3 sets so far - 8258, 8110, 9396 - and I display them all, cause they look impressive and grab everyone's attention (even those who are not into Lego). Honestly impressive look is one of the factors I take into account when I buy a set :blush: - that's why I have not interest in small models :wink:.

Does this count? :look:

th_P1000301_zps26c74565.jpg

I still have my unimog,a motorized 8256 loader,Jurgens backhoe,my moc tractor the scrap handler and the mini backhoe of this year still assembled.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Red and black Vampires' (one of each)

Red and black Porches' (one of each)

NK's Compact Car (white w/blue stripes)

Lipko's Red Coupe

Red Gallardo

Black Murcilago.....

I think that's it.

None. Because then I'd have to dust them. And for me, it's the building that is the fun, not the looking at.

@pat-ard: I have currently the crane and the snow plow, the next one will be a salt spreader. Later maybe a trailer. For the snow plow, I plan to change the plow shield from gray to orange as soon as I have the right parts.

I'm very curious what are the Lego Technic Sets that you dispaly ? Only flagships or smaller sets too?

I have all the Technic sets on display. I can't bear to put them in boxes.

I have all the Technic sets on display. I can't bear to put them in boxes.

How do you keep them clean? :)

At present 95% of my sets are built, the others will be built when I get time, they are all kept in plastic storage containers so are visible but not exposed to dust as much.

Mostly large star wars and castle sets, collectible minifigures, and some old bionicle figures. Though I have to say like others have said before, I really hate dusting them, and I don't have any plastic containers at the moment.

None. My pride is in the models I made myself, not some shopbought thousand-of-a-kind.

8480 Shuttle

8455 Backhoe

8448 Super Street Sensation

8880 SuperCar

8868 Airtech B Model

9396 Helicopter B Model

I used to have all my models built.. but then started a family.. and needed shelf space for other things..

Now that little boy is slowly finishing up with Duplo, I might build up some more... he's very much into Motors.. so loves anything motorised I build!

And the latest ebay 8285, been waiting for it for a while.

I will soon dismantling 8043 to make space for 42009 to sit along 8421.

I have no problem with dust as all sit in bookcase with glass doors.

Daniel.

Hi, not been on for a while as i've been unwell. So i'm catching up. I only have on display my Star Wars Battle Droid, set 8001, that's been on display since I bought it when it came out, my lego Fireman torch and a robotic figure I made myself out of non technic parts. I tend to build my own models and display them for a while before moving on to something else.

H

I always leave assembled flagships sets and in some cases "middle" sets (those with prices around 80-100 euro.

Currently I have assebmled:8880 Supercar , 8480 Sapce Shuttle,8466 Extreme offroader,8455, 8285 Tow Truck, 8274 Combine harvester, 8275 Bulldozer, 8258 Crane truck, 8043 Excavator, 8110 Unmog and 9398 Crawler. All of those are grat sets and i use them regulary at exhibitions, but they do take a lot of space.

Out of middle/small set, which did make it to stay assembled are: all three recent motorbikes (8291 Motorcycle, 2x8051 motorcycle and 9392 Quad bike and 8262 quad bike) and some special sets, which rarely occur: 8722 Snowmobile, 8274 Combine Harvester, 8263 Snow Groomer, 8047 Compact excavator, 9394 jet plane, 8068 Rescue helicopter and 9396 Helicopter, 8109 Flatbed truck and 42000 GP racer

Notable set I used just for parts are: 8295 Telehandler, 8297 offroader, 8049 tractor with log loader, 8052 Container truck.

I usually have only the most recent sets assembled. In my current case: 9395. But I will soon disassemble that as well to build the B-model. And soon after that it will be disassembled and sorted into the rest of my collection.

Like a few others, I do not display sets. When I'm not MOCing, my entire collection exists of loose parts :)

Well, when I get a new set I display its main model for anywhere between one day and two weeks, depending on how much I like it, repeat for the alternative models, and after that they become parts packs.

To me, a set is a parts pack with one or two inspiring example builds :)

being assembled for too long stresses some of the parts.

Lol, I had a nice example of that when displaying 8265's main model, which is a very nice model so it survived the week, but I noticed that afterwards the tyres had a noticeable bump in them because the model's weight had rested on the same spot for a week :P