I Scream Clone

LEGO Star Wars 10236 Ewok Village

This set is sick. first ever starwars set i am thinking about getting! well done TLG!

So here it is. Leia has the Forest Maiden hair and a skirt that makes her look really short. The slide is really nice, as it could be hero transport or villain deterrent. Love the throne, spit for roasting, and the Imperial helmet drums! I really want this, but 2013 is assaulting me with excellent sets! Slow down, LEGO!

I've always found the greys of Star Wars to be a bit dreary (sans the Special Edition 2004 Millennium Falcon) and the prices too high, but I might actually bite the bullet for this one. It's very nice.

"Nooooo, stop looking at it," cries my wallet.

Edited by Carousel

if you could afford to buy 2 or 3 sets of this, you could make one magnificent village... or PaB some extra trees and housing.

yep... it's on the list

I've always found the greys of Star Wars to be a bit dreary...

:tongue: My wife would agree with you on that; she always calls out the fact that my Lego collection is probably around 80% grey bricks because of the Star Wars theme. This set looks to be a fantastic "nature" parts pack, even for those not interested in the Star Wars theme.

Well. I haven't posted in a while. This is the best Star Wars set I have seen in AGES. There is no way I am passing this up. No way. What a triumph of licensed theme building. LEGO: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I love the set but it would have been nice to get the Leia from the battle too. I missed out on the battle of endor set from a few years back. Also not sure how I feel about the scout trooper re-design. I don't think I'll be using them. I have a bunch from the battlepacks and in my opinion they look way better.

I was also thinking about the high price and to me, this set looks like it would have been perfect to split up kind of like has been done with Jabba's palace and the Rancor pit. I think it would increase lego's sales as well. Let's say it was 3 seperate pieces. People would be more inclined to buy multiples to make the village bigger and/or taller as well as build ewok armies. It would be nice to split up the cost over a longer time too.

And lastly, why no large green building plate? When I get the set I'll end up using 2 that I already have to put the set on but a large rectangluar one would have been awesome!

So... am I the only person who didn't help but say "Holy sh*t!" when I saw this on the main page? Now this is a lego set! :wub:

:grin: Same here. Got me out of bed. (Saw first on my phone)

-Sci

The redesigned Wicket and Chirpa are great, and the new Ewok Warrior, the old Logray and the brand new Teebo are nice as well. But the best minifig has to be Leia. There's something about the Leia minifigures that steal the set... The redhead Rebel is nice as well. Does the other Rebel's head appear elsewhere? It's nagging at me. Luke is nice as well, and the dark tan hair is an interesting and welcome decision. Before, the hair in that color only appeared on Crix Madine and the male mannequin in the Grand Emporium.

There will quite a few plastic-wrapped parts what with Leia's hair, and five Ewok sandwich boards. All in tiny plastic wrappers that scissors are best for opening. And one cardboard container for Leia's cloth skirt.

Edited by 8BrickMario

THe box is huge, but the set looks so tiny in the hands of its builder ! As an old Lego Star Wars fan, I have waited a long time to see such a nice playing set from the original trilogy. Definitively new, never seen before, and very iconic. Better than the Death Star, from my point of view.

:wub:

new_helmet.jpg

Now we need TLC to make a new body to match that helmet and we can have an army of zombie stormtroopers \o/

I second that, Cogito. Better than the Death Star indeed.

EDIT:There is a body to the Stormie helmet, as part of the most recent Sandtrooper minifigure in the new Droid Escape.

There is a body to the Stormie helmet, as part of the most recent Sandtrooper minifigure in the new Droid Escape.

wow I can't believe I missed that !

**runs to the nearest store... Damn it ! it's almost midnight XD**

I like Star Wars but I'm not a nut of it or anything, and I've heard the rumour for this set for ages now...but seeing this, it's a lot better than what I was expecting Lego to produce.

This is honestly one of the few times ever I've seen a set and feel like I would be willing to pay full-price (paying full price American doesn't count as it's cheaper than Canadian retail) and get it soon after it comes into production.

EDIT: Wait...the Canadian price is $300?? OK I take that last line back. I thought it was $250 Canadian. Even then that's too pricy for me but it was just enough for me to consider for a while to get it at launch at full price.

I'm considering saving up a bit above $300 this summer from work to put aside specifically towards one exclusive I may actually pay full price. I was thinking possibly getting the 10212 Imperial Shuttle that just retired (I know of a store that still has it, albeit a fairly "slight" markup of the Canadian price) or this Ewok Village...anyone? The Imperial Shuttle I know is retired and will only go up in price, but I've been teeter-tottering on getting this one for some time. When it was in production I wasn't sure because of its price plus the fact it was all white basically meant if I ever display it, it would turn yellow horribly. The new Ewok Village will be out not until September, but honestly it's a heck lot better than what I was expecting. It does have a horrible price but wow was I ever surprised by it; was actually considering getting it full priced soon after launch when I mistakenly read the price as $250 for Canada...quickly said no when it was $300 full price in Canada. It does have at least a year or 2 to be in production though.

Oh, and now that I saw the recent review, add the new large X-Wing into the mix.

Edited by Canada_7

@Canada_7: It depends what sort of a collector you are. Personally, I'd say go for the Ewok Village, because of its epic-ness and all the minifigs. But if you want something to display rather than play with, then go for the X-Wing or Shuttle.

@8BrickMario: the Rebel Trooper also appears in the Endor Rebel Battle Pack from last year, and his head appears in the TOR Battlepack and on the Cook in the Queen Anne's Revenge (POTC)

Hi

firstly, we have to be care since now about GRogall and what he is telling us. From this point now he could lie and predict sets that never been happen we would believe it right from the scatch. Once again he have been a very good source for news.

-----Snip-----

Dino

:pir_wacko: Why ruin my reputation now? My Mom all ways had a saying "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, Baffle them with bullsh*t" I for one, like to stay clean! :tongue:

Hhhmmmmm... Grogall drops the price, and a week later we get pictures. Can't help but wonder if we see the Opera House & Winter Market next, and soon!?

I'll never tell :tongue:

Back to the topic!

Edited by GRogall

Well. I haven't posted in a while. This is the best Star Wars set I have seen in AGES. There is no way I am passing this up. No way. What a triumph of licensed theme building. LEGO: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This

Well after thinking about this for a day I am less and less impressed. I have looked over the parts and 99% of the structure I could MOC with spare parts. And the more I look at it the smaller it seems to get. I need to do more thinking :sadnew:

I do love this set, but I think the bedroom could have done with a bit more in it other than a stool because to me that doesn't seem like a bedroom.

Edit: looks like I have it wrong they do have a bed in there you just have to look hard enough. You can see it on two of the images.

Edited by Legoman123

I was considering not buying SW this year and purchasing a different theme. Then I hear about the Gunship, then the Sail Barge, now this. Luckily, I'm allowed to get the Village on launch. I really can't wait.

Don't tell me you don't play with your sets :tongue:

Indeed a fantastic set, I think it appeals to me a lot because it's not too sci-fi. Replace the ewoks(and some parts) with forrest men and you've got a medieval tree village!

This is exactly what I think.

The guy who introduced (designed??) the set, also introduced (I think he also designed) the Arkham Asylum set. I think he is very succesful so far.

Has anybody revisited ACPin's MOC of the same theme? :devil:

If you're not a fan of SW, or do not like this more than awesome set, and you happen to be a LoTR fan, imagine this with a a few tweaks and, voila: Lothlorien! :tongue: