Just got used 8417 motorbike, 8462 tow truck, 9731 vision command, and a brand new sealed 8479 barcode truck all for $150! Pretty happy about the deal.

On 6/20/2022 at 12:06 AM, TechnicRCRacer said:

Just got used 8417 motorbike, 8462 tow truck, 9731 vision command, and a brand new sealed 8479 barcode truck all for $150! Pretty happy about the deal.

I would very much like the coordinates of this particular dark alley where you found this deal :pir-oh:

Any pics?

7 hours ago, BatteryPoweredBricks said:

I would very much like the coordinates of this particular dark alley where you found this deal :pir-oh:

Any pics?

It was a random listing on Craigslist that I came across while aimlessly browsing.

LEGO Haul

Porsche 911 GT3 RS - 180 €

Bugatti Chiron - 200 €

Lamborghini Sian - 166 €

McLaren F1 - 144 €

BMW M1000RR - 130 €

All brand new sealed

14 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

It was a random listing on Craigslist that I came across while aimlessly browsing.

LEGO Haul

The boxes look good too, 8479 sealed alone goes for more than $500 on BL.

Edited by kolbjha

I got a brand new Sian in unopened box for € 230. That is about € 100 below normal resale in Norway... Birthday gift for myself :)

_ED_

On 6/22/2022 at 12:42 PM, BennyF said:

Porsche 911 GT3 RS - 180 €
Bugatti Chiron - 200 €
Lamborghini Sian - 166 €
McLaren F1 - 144 €
BMW M1000RR - 130 €

All brand new sealed

Impressive... How did you get all this?

On 6/22/2022 at 8:41 AM, kolbjha said:

The boxes look good too, 8479 sealed alone goes for more than $500 on BL.

Great score there man, on a side note whenever I see a set priced so much higher than RRP, like $500 for 8479, I have to wonder has anybody ever actually purchased sets priced so high, or is it just someone hoping for a sucker.

I wonder too, but Bricklink indeed gives you the prices of the prices of the sold sets in the previous months... So someone bought them at a certain price

19 hours ago, Celeri said:

Impressive... How did you get all this?

I live in Romania and we have something like ebay but is only local, so i got the sets from people selling them with some negotiating :D

Edited by BennyF

I got the 42139 All Terrain Vehicle for € 50 brand new. 30% off on a webstore in Norway - Jollyroom.no  Very happy with that, so I bought two! :)

42139_alt1.png

Edited by Nazgarot
spelling

Was really tempted to buy 42145 & 42144 BUT checking my surroundings I found 42053 (incl. PF), 42042, 42052 and 9396 for a total of 200€ (4 different private sellers :) Only had to get two instructions separately as I prefer building from paper. Which forced me to make bricklink orders which made me buy more pieces as it absolutely does not make any sense to buy only instructions and pay shipping :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by m2fel

I think I got something today that qualifies...

I picked up a lot with a bunch of late 90s technic, with some older and newer stuff here and there. I haven't gone through it all, but here is what I have found in the two boxes so far:

• 3x Scala trash bin (aka P1 exhaust)
  • 12x white hard shock absorber
  • 28x blue piston
  • 10x red piston
  • 14x white 2L axle
  • 4x red 1x6 thin liftarm
  • 10x damped shock absorber
  • 8x red 9.5 long shock absorber
  • 16x yellow 9.5 long shock absorber
  • 23x dark gray 9.5 long shock absorber
  • 15x black 9.5 long shock absorber
  • 2x 8448 steering hubs
  • 14x wheel hubs from 8466
  • 3x power puller tires+1 unprinted tire with wheels
  • 4x Williams Michelin tires

The parts are also in excellent condition for their age. No dust, little to no yellowing. I think this has sat on the attic for the last 10-20 years or so.

Also included in the lot is:

• 1.5x set 8466 (I found two sets of axles built, one set was claimed to have been built recently)
  • Complete 8417
  • Complete 8297
  • Complete speed computer

So far, just the parts I listed above put into a bricklink wanted list, would cost me €750 to order. I paid €275. And there is still so, so much more I spotted, including classic space stuff, incomplete sets such as 8880, 8448, 8865, 8250 and more. 

Best deal I've gotten was the 911 GT3 42056 for $200 USD, a few years ago from Craigslist.  Well kept in the original box, along with extra pieces he'd ordered to Pimp it Up.  I passed up being able to pick up a Bugatti 42083 for another $300, but the Porsche turned out to be a far better deal!

Other than that, I paid $120 for the 911 RSR 42096 and $56 for the Ducati Panigale 42107, both on sale for new kits.

Also paid $130 for an 8880 Super Car, but that was years ago when it came out.  :laugh:

Edited by GirchyGirchy

Not exactly a bargain, but chuffed to get 42129 for €180. Seems to have been the last one in the country in from Smyths. 

Got a near-perfect condition 42042 Crawler Crane (including stickers, instructions and box) for 60€ in July: normally, this can be found today for more than twice this price, the guy was apparentely not much aware of what he was selling... Very nice model, with enjoyable building process and nice functions — I added 2 levers to make all motorized functions independant, though.

Just bought a "pandemic" lot - it was all bought within the last two years, except one set. For 200 euro, I got 42110, 42124, 42099, 42095, 42111 (x2), 51515 and a 8275.

All in very good condition, some of it have never been built. Unfortunately it's from a smoker's home, so it smells 😞

Any good advices to get rid of that ugly smell? 

1 hour ago, mortenm said:

Just bought a "pandemic" lot - it was all bought within the last two years, except one set. For 200 euro, I got 42110, 42124, 42099, 42095, 42111 (x2), 51515 and a 8275.

All in very good condition, some of it have never been built. Unfortunately it's from a smoker's home, so it smells 😞

Any good advices to get rid of that ugly smell? 

I got a big lot from a garage sale when I was a kid, and it all smelled like smoke, so my parents ended up rinsing all the parts in a big tub of bleach water, as best as I can remember.

12 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I got a big lot from a garage sale when I was a kid, and it all smelled like smoke, so my parents ended up rinsing all the parts in a big tub of bleach water, as best as I can remember.

Yes this works. Brought a very yellow 8288 crawler crane. Let it soak in soapy water for a few days first & then soaked it in hydrogen peroxide till everything was white again. 

4 hours ago, Tazmancrash said:

Yes this works. Brought a very yellow 8288 crawler crane. Let it soak in soapy water for a few days first & then soaked it in hydrogen peroxide till everything was white again. 

I already use hydrogen peroxide for sundamaged bricks, but you if you're not careful, the bricks will be discoloured "the opposite way". 

The problem with my haul is not discoloration, as I mentioned, the bricks look like new. They just smell :cry_sad:

I'll try with some vinegar and maybe a small amount of bleach. And water of course :) 

On 8/24/2022 at 10:52 PM, mortenm said:

I already use hydrogen peroxide for sundamaged bricks, but you if you're not careful, the bricks will be discoloured "the opposite way". 

The problem with my haul is not discoloration, as I mentioned, the bricks look like new. They just smell :cry_sad:

I'll try with some vinegar and maybe a small amount of bleach. And water of course :) 

Goes the opposite way? Goes super bright white/translucent. 

That would be interesting 

Just got the Airbus helicopter for $170 (normally $210) at Costco, check it out if you’re in the western USA. They have an entire aisle of LEGO including the Icons line, it’s the most I’ve ever seen there.

On 8/27/2022 at 9:45 PM, Tazmancrash said:

Goes the opposite way? Goes super bright white/translucent. 

That would be interesting 

I don't know how to explain it in english, but lbg and dbg easily gets lighter than they were when they left the molding machine.