9 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Right now, 42143 (Ferrari Daytona) is £249 on Amazon UK

It's on Black Friday sale for even less in Switzerland... 

2022 Black Friday deal and managed to score a 42128 (Heavy-Duty Tow Truck) for €78.

Got lucky yesterday. 42143 Ferarri Daytona for 100 Euro. bought and built once 2 weeks ago and now disassembled.

Hello, I think I was lucky. 95€ for some Lego. Few pieces missing and some dust, but only selling 8275 would pay for the lot :)

800x1067.jpg

Perhaps my Christmas present could be a bargin (inside 50€ bargin) was this (with also more than handfull of beams, hanfull of gears etc)...

and there was one IR receiver :wink:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but Cutthroat Bricks on Bricklink (no affiliation) is selling a Technic Pins Grab Bag of "approx. 150 - 200 pieces" for $3.141. I assume this is a good deal even if some individual stores can sell technic pins for pennies.

Not posting or building much these days due to many life constraints but a few months ago I bought this lot for $90aus

26921383-9de0-4542-b6ec-57ba781dac6c.png

Wanting only the technic Ferrari and not knowing what else was in the box‘s I thought I could give the rest of the LEGO ‘junk’ :grin: to the kids to play with as it was just advertised as ‘LEGO lot’

After getting home I realised the Ferrari was missing some bits but thankfully had all the very expensive red bits. So a bit bummed but then my daughter picked out a star wars figure and I thought ooh, Star Wars might get some money back with that figure...

So I hunted through more and found booklets and parts and came up with all this...

93e38f9e-0739-4b69-a099-aebaf80d872d.jpe

b780ea06-5d79-4eb3-88bd-e8c9e2e2a01f.jpe

945ff034-346b-4da7-adac-14dfc63d593e.jpe

5ecb506b-fe0c-49dd-97b5-b342bc863e16.jpe

be402e3e-4019-4a9f-a61a-b603a114b112.jpe

Sold all that for $570aus!

Also there were a dozen small city sets left for the kids :classic:

Not sure this is exactly a technic bargain but I guess after buying the extra parts for the technic Ferrari ($10) Ive got that set Now plus $470 cash :grin:

22 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

Not posting or building much these days due to many life constraints but a few months ago I bought this lot for $90aus

Wanting only the technic Ferrari and not knowing what else was in the box‘s I thought I could give the rest of the LEGO ‘junk’ :grin: to the kids to play with as it was just advertised as ‘LEGO lot’

After getting home I realised the Ferrari was missing some bits but thankfully had all the very expensive red bits. So a bit bummed but then my daughter picked out a star wars figure and I thought ooh, Star Wars might get some money back with that figure...

So I hunted through more and found booklets and parts and came up with all this...

Sold all that for $570aus!

Also there were a dozen small city sets left for the kids :classic:

Not sure this is exactly a technic bargain but I guess after buying the extra parts for the technic Ferrari ($10) Ive got that set Now plus $470 cash :grin:

Bloody tin big behind barstard..... 

On 12/31/2022 at 3:47 PM, brickless_kiwi said:

Bloody tin big behind barstard..... 

That’s a pretty specific dialect I’m finding it hard to translate :laugh: 

20 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

That’s a pretty specific dialect I’m finding it hard to translate :laugh: 

I had forgotten that wee jimmi has reprogrammed text on this site...

Bloody tin a.s.s. barstard you are. You would fall down a dunny and come up with a gold Rolex. 

On a serious note well done coming out ahead. I away tend to lose on bulk buys.

About 10 years ago I bought 2x 13 Gallon totes with lots of parts/sets for only $20. Those included many Bionicle/Agents/PowerMiners/ExoForce Sets ...

Now cleaning/sorting those sets. There is at least $2000 worth, especially the Bionicle, and a rare glow-in-the dark octopus from the Agents theme, worth about $100.00 

8636 LEGO Agents Deep Sea Quest  Rare Marbled Glow in the dark Octopus 8636 Agents Ocean animal Sea

Edited by DrJB

Just got a #42145 Airbus helicopter for 90€ : the guy got it for Christmas, built it and sold it after a few weeks. Everythin is in nearly perfect condition, including instructions and box. He even kept the spare parts with it ! :laugh: