I've recently bought 8436, 8386 and 8448 in a like new condition with original boxes.
The set were clearly build once and unbuilt and placed in boxes back, as the flex axles aren't even bent.
All of this for 200 CHF (~190 €) 

I got a nearly new #42056 (built then put in a display glass, so no dust at all) with a near-perfect box for €200. It may sound a bit high to people who do not know about this set, but the guy showed me the offers of 300-350 and even one of €390 he received until I got to his home to pick it up. Even so, he maintained our deal and I checked it was as good as announced. Happy with my purchase — now I need to gather parts for the "Pimp" upgrade :classic:

Edited by Celeri

10 hours ago, Celeri said:

I got a nearly new #42056

Yes, that's a nice deal for this set. 

14 hours ago, Celeri said:

I got a nearly new #42056 (built then put in a display glass, so no dust at all) with a near-perfect box for €200.

I'm very angry on me, that I didn't bought new for 200EUR at the end of last year, when I had a chance.

These are my bargains:

• 42043 Arocs for  150, incomplete, ordered the missing pieces on bricklink € 5 
  • 8043 Excavator for €120, complete, some stickers missing. I bought it from a guy who likes to make incomplete sets complete and then sells them.
  • 42105 Catamaran for € 15 (I like sailing so this one I had to have)
  • 42110 Defender for € 80 including box and spares, as new

These supercars I bought for my brothers in law:

• 42115 Sian  for € 200 including box, inner boxes and spares
  • 42083 Chiron for € 210 including box, inner boxes and spares

I really like to hunt for bargains and there is really a lot for sale, often people build a set one time and don't know what todo with it afterwards. 

No bargains super recently, but I got a sealed universal kit from 1996 for $40 (it was small but in great shape, can’t remember the set number off the top of my head). My favorite finds are still the Williams F1 (85% complete and dusty) for $55, 8366 Supersonic RC for $50, and a like-new 42077 Rally Car for $5! 

Dunno if this is exactly a bargain, but I just bought an assortment of Technic pieces for 54€ from an online auction site, enough to fill a backpack. The sellers were a super-sweet elderly couple, in their 70's or something, who apparently had been Lego enthusiasts from since before the 80's or something, as they had a large collection of old and new sets. They showed me for example 8854 Power Crane and 5580 Highway Rig. They told me that I could come back for more any time, and I just might have to go.

I just got a 42026 Black Champion Racer pullback for free from a guy who pulled it out of a dumpster! The set is 100% complete, in great condition, even including the extra worm gear needed for the alternate model (Sadly, it's a late-build set with the 2L worm instead of the 3L one.)

It's not an amazing set, but you can't beat free!

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I just got a 42026 Black Champion Racer pullback for free from a guy who pulled it out of a dumpster! The set is 100% complete, in great condition, even including the extra worm gear needed for the alternate model (Sadly, it's a late-build set with the 2L worm instead of the 3L one.)

It's not an amazing set, but you can't beat free!

Your lucky the guy who pulled it out of a dumpster didn't know what he had on his hands... As an owner of this set, it is definitely a great parts set, especially those black panels. 

1 hour ago, Scoar Sonander said:

Your lucky the guy who pulled it out of a dumpster didn't know what he had on his hands... As an owner of this set, it is definitely a great parts set, especially those black panels. 

Yeah, those panels are what I'm most excited about.

I was not really looking for a #42054 (Claas Xerion), but I happened to find one in perfect condition for 120€. I am not sure to really enjoy it, since I have never built a farming set yet, but I decided to trust opinions I found online and give it a try. At least, I am pretty sure to be able to re-sell it at the same price if do not wish to keep it!

I just got a #8110 in very good condition (just a little dusty), box & manuals too, for 90€: the guy told me the motor was a bit weak but did not want to troubleshoot were the problem was between the motor itself, the battery box or the cabling... Turns out it was just the batteries that were nearly dead! :laugh:

On 11/2/2021 at 10:59 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

a like-new 42077 Rally Car for $5! 

How on earth did you get that!

4 hours ago, whitepen said:

How on earth did you get that!

A local thrift store had the parts in a wall grab-bag for $5, I couldn’t believe it when I got home!

Picked up today a brand new sealed 8294 Telescopic handler for $150.00 NZD.

It was from Hong Kong & still had the price tag on it for $175.00 Hong Kong dollars. 

Today I bought the 42124 for €62 including shipping within the Netherlands. With box and instructions and spare parts

I got

• 42100 Liebherr Excavator
  • 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator
  • 42030 Volvo Wheel Loader
  • 42053 Volvo EW160E
  • 8052 Container Truck
  • An incomplete 8053 Mobile Crane
  • And some more parts

in very good condition for 550€ today:pir-huzzah1:

Edited by The01

42129 Mercedes 4x4 for 120 euros new and sealed. My best ever technica bargain but honestly the RRP is massively inflated - it´s a 250 euro set at best in terms of content.

Just bought a used Landrover Defender 42110 for 50€. No box, no instructions and missing a few parts including the "roof garden" and the accessories.

Just received a #42030 in good condition, with instructions and box both in OK condition, and all the electric and mechanical parts are working perfectly. The whole thing costed me 105€ with shipping. What is funny is that when you add up only the electric parts together in a BrickLink wishlist, it already costs more than 150€...

On 1/3/2022 at 8:57 PM, valenciaeric said:

42129 Mercedes 4x4 for 120 euros new and sealed. My best ever technica bargain but honestly the RRP is massively inflated - it´s a 250 euro set at best in terms of content.

I just bought a new & sealed 42129 for 185 euro and I consider that a steal. It's a great set with just enough unique pieces and full set of motors for 1 hub which makes it insane base for other RC MOCs. 

Found a second hand 8230 today for 19 euros.

It has the "impossible" to find technic figure

So I finally got my guy

Edited by Permo

21 hours ago, Permo said:

Found a second hand 8230 today for 19 euros.

It has the "impossible" to find technic figure

So I finally got my guy

Is that a bargain? 

I've been looking for a tech figure for a couple of years now and they don't seem to be out there... you can buy a foot, or a hand... that's about it.

So if I find one, 15 min from my house for 19 euros, comes with a car... I'd say that's a bargain in 2022.

It also has some nice 3L black pins and grey axle/pins ..as I am always trying to keep the blue dots out of my builds.

First thing he build...

800x360.jpg