That is really cheap, here base prices is close to 400, I got for something 280 on discounts. In lego fi page price is also 379.

On 12/17/2020 at 10:46 AM, howitzer said:

Yes, it's a cheap price. But I'm not sure if it's trustworthy since it seems to be selling all sets way cheaper than the RRP...

25 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Yes, it's a cheap price. But I'm not sure if it's trustworthy since it seems to be selling all sets way cheaper than the RRP...

It's perfectly trustworthy. I could go and walk into the store to pick up the set and pay with cash or credit card. It's a locally big retailer from where I've bought numerous sets, nothing shady about it.

For some reason though, they have large selection of Lego, most of which is always offered significantly below RRP (though not every set, IDEAS sets for example are often nearly at RRP).

2 hours ago, howitzer said:

It's perfectly trustworthy. I could go and walk into the store to pick up the set and pay with cash or credit card. It's a locally big retailer from where I've bought numerous sets, nothing shady about it.

For some reason though, they have large selection of Lego, most of which is always offered significantly below RRP (though not every set, IDEAS sets for example are often nearly at RRP).

I wish they ship to Belarus :(

1 hour ago, Aleh said:

I wish they ship to Belarus :(

They might but probably not. Their FAQ says that shipping outside Finland is decided on case-by-case basis, and I suspect that foreigners making order in non-EU countries are out of luck :(

On 12/17/2020 at 5:46 PM, howitzer said:

Literally bought the set a week and a half ago and then it was 289.- :classic: Considering getting the new price as well, for a future resale maybe. Or for many great b models out there. Meanwhile one store is selling the old Porche for 599.- :laugh:

I suspect the low campaign price might be related to the color inconsitency issues. The set I bought also had those present, notably the small lime pieces and panels with mirrored counterparts. 

Edited by RedJlve
Added info

I just got 42050, with motor upgrade and 42005 almost complete for 30 CHF (~27€)
And 8419 and the truck of 8433 for 15 CHF (13.45 €)
Pretty solid parts selections for these ones

Amazon UK currently selling 42109 Top Gear PU car for £61.87. (51% discount) Have they a towering pile of unsold stock? If only they'd apply that discount to other sets...

www.2ttoys.nl selling 42113 with discount, from €129,99 for €116,99. That is a bargain, I have seen it for €500 or much more.

1 hour ago, vliet said:

www.2ttoys.nl selling 42113 with discount, from €129,99 for €116,99. That is a bargain, I have seen it for €500 or much more.

Well that would be a real bargain since you can't buy it anywhere, but sadly you can't actually click on "buy" or "add to my basket", so...

Sorry, didn't see that. Was amazed by the price. I am checking the site right now and it is the only set you can't order. 

This seems too good to be true, which tells me it's probably not true…

Looks like a scam. Be wary in trusting an eBay listing using stock images instead of pictures of the actual item, especially for that price.

2 hours ago, 1974 said:

To be blunt, you have to be an idiot if you think you can a brand new current original LEGO set for a tenth of the price

I meant ‘this can’t be true right?’. That was the direction my question was supposed to head in. I didn’t believe this but I thought I check, as I’m not very experienced in buying sets/parts on e.g. ebay

Ok. But you buy other things, right? If someone offers you a car, a pint of milk, a whatever for a tenth of the going rate, do you stop and go "nah, this is a scam, I'm gonna pass". Or do wire the money and wait for the cheap car or the milkman to knock on your door? If you do, you're an idiot. Simple as that

There are certainly LEGO bargains to be found, sometimes even rather amazing ones. I can tell a few stories of my own good luck, however there are NEVER EVER legit retailers seling sets like that for a tenth of the going rate. There's actually isn't a lot of money to made on LEGO. Even the big retail chains do not get a big enough discount to offer a set like that for that kinda money. Sure, you do see (smaller) sets going for very little money (mostly a US thing), but that's called a "loss leader"

eBay isn't really a good place to buy, you might get knock-offs or just not what you ordered at all. Better go to Bricklink, imho

Cheers,

Ole

14 minutes ago, 1974 said:

There's actually isn't a lot of money to made on LEGO. Even the big retail chains do not get a big enough discount to offer a set like that for that kinda money. Sure, you do see (smaller) sets going for very little money (mostly a US thing), but that's called a "loss leader"

Many stores make no profit or even lose money with every LEGO set they sell, especially when they sell the really terrible themes that have to be like 50% off before anyone is even intrested. But they still stock LEGO because they think having LEGO will draw in buyers that then buy enough other things in the shop as well to make it worth it. I don't think it is a good buisness model, especially when LEGO keep a lot of the actually good selling sets to themselves (Exclusives). The only one making the big bucks is TLG themselves, and the savings we buyers get from large discounts are paid for by the seller, not by TLG.

Edited by Gray Gear

Yeah, like I said "loss leader" ...

I know a few independant LEGO sellers, it's a VERY tough business. Only one supplier. Not something I'd ever go into myself

TLG makes the big bucks, not the others in the chain

I just bought 42114 for 145€. New but damaged outer packaging so got a nice discount. Gotta be extra careful with checking that all the parts are there though...

I've recently bought a lot of technic parts, there was an 90% full 42055 and more than half of the parts of 42078, all of that for less than 60 €

Just bought 42115 for ~195 euro. Completely new, sealed in the original carton box from Lego (sealed in Czech Republic on 24/09/2020). Only a really small wear on the set box from the small movements inside the carton box. We will see about the replacement of pin hole with axle parts from Lego, as I will definitely request it.

Bought 42110 for 97,66 € on amazon.fr for prime days (getting an extra 10 € discount for using amazon recharge).