9 hours ago, hawkwind said:

Does any body know any american BrickLink sellers with good prices? I am also extremely jealous of the ridiculous deals people are getting. Are people getting these online or just finding them at garage sales and such?

Elsewhere I wrote my #1 trick:

On 3/31/2020 at 7:28 PM, astyanax said:

If you live in a more populated area, you have a good chance of finding good deals on classic Technic sets by patiently checking and re-checking your local advertising website (like craigslist?). I only started collecting Technic since a year ago, and managed to get 8448, 8455 and 42043 over the course of several months, all from locals, at relatively low price. The trick I found is to search not by set number, but by other descriptive keywords, as well as common misspellings thereof! Then you find sellers who don't know how to advertise Lego properly and are often not aware of how classic a certain set is and how much they could've asked for it...

3 hours ago, astyanax said:

The trick I found is to search not by set number, but by other descriptive keywords, as well as common misspellings thereof! Then you find sellers who don't know how to advertise Lego properly and are often not aware of how classic a certain set is and how much they could've asked for it...

I can confirm this trick works like a charm:thumbup:.

It is indeed a matter of patience, and a bit of luck. Don't bite too fast. No matter what platform you use, you are definately not the only one looking for a bargain. So one more tip: if the platform offers a way of direct communication with the seller, ALWAYS go for that instead of online bidding. Don't search too far away from your own residence (so you can act quick and pick it up yourself). And try to politely put some pressure on it ("for [price x] I can already come and pick it up this evening"). People like quick cash, so it often works as extra leverage to make a fast deal and shave a few bucks off as well.

5 hours ago, astyanax said:

as well as common misspellings thereof!

That’s how I got my sealed “Minestorms” Ultimate Builders Set for a steal!

52 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

That’s how I got my sealed “Minestorms” Ultimate Builders Set for a steal!

I've already snapped up several classic "Technik" sets at bargain prices -- thanks German misspellers! :grin:

2 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Don't search too far away from your own residence

This works even better in my case, living in a region where the local language is not the country's majority language, causing locals to make plenty of spelling mistakes trying to advertise on the majority-language online platform. :head_back:

Holy cow I just saw a 9398 missing a single a pillar go for 60 USD. Now I am checking hourly. Is bulk of random parts ever good or is it just pieces you’ll never use?

8 hours ago, hawkwind said:

Is bulk of random parts ever good or is it just pieces you’ll never use?

Depends on what you’re looking for. If the seller puts up a generic photo taken from the Internet, stay away. If you see a listing with pictures of the actual parts, take a look and see if you can spot anything useful. 

42082 (unopened) for $150 (inc.delivery) is still my best bargain.

Also (sealed; inc.delivery)

42055 for $140

42070 for $170

42078 for $100,

42079 for $40

42080 for $75 

Just want to ask if worth the money 

42096 $163 ?

42052 $173 ? 

Both for parts donor and playable display 

Thnx 

Edited by Dylan M

I will receive it probably tomorrow, 42099 for € 115,- and then rebuilt it in the Ultimate version by Efferman

On 8/30/2020 at 7:08 AM, TechnicRCRacer said:

Depends on what you’re looking for. If the seller puts up a generic photo taken from the Internet, stay away. If you see a listing with pictures of the actual parts, take a look and see if you can spot anything useful. 

I have bought a pile of parts and there was a 99% complete 8466 in it.

I just got 8461 complete, without any stickers applied and no yellowing on part for 120CHF (=110 €)

7 hours ago, Touc4nx said:

I just got 8461 complete, without any stickers applied and no yellowing on part for 120CHF (=110 €)

Dang, that’s a great price! I bought a 95% complete 8461 For $50, but the stickers cracked and the parts were very dirty.

8880, 8868, 8480, 8070 and a 8428 for around 20 euro. 

It took some elbow grease to shine up the yellowed parts and some new cable for the 9V wires, but motors are running like new. 

12 minutes ago, mortenm said:

8880, 8868, 8480, 8070 and a 8428 for around 20 euro. 

Where did you find this ?
I'm interested :moar:

10 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

Where did you find this ?
I'm interested :moar:

Danish second hand website :sweet:

17 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

A guy offered to sell me the buggy motor for 50€. (no shipping cost)

Should i buy it? 

That reaaally depends on how purist you are (and I won't judge!). You can get equivalent motors from you-know-where much cheaper. But for original Lego, 50€ is definitely below average bricklink price, assuming it's tested and working.

24 minutes ago, astyanax said:

That reaaally depends on how purist you are (and I won't judge!). You can get equivalent motors from you-know-where much cheaper. But for original Lego, 50€ is definitely below average bricklink price, assuming it's tested and working.

I guess i'll go for it then.. I want to build a RC drift car and the buggy motor has enough bang to make it work. 
And 50€ is for me right in the top end of what i can afford to pay.. But i guess ordering a chinese knockoff would also do the trick. For that price, i could get two. 
But i guess lego version is better quality wise. 

I need to test it that it works before buying it.. Probably just plug it on buwizz and check if it spins? 

Just now, Mechbuilds said:

Theoretically yes, but you have to take into consideration the age of the Lego motors. They may actually break faster by now.

2 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

I need to test it that it works before buying it.. Probably just plug it on buwizz and check if it spins? 

Yes or just a normal battery box. Be sure to bring an extension cable, because the buggy motors don't come with integrated wire.

9 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Theoretically yes, but you have to take into consideration the age of the Lego motors. They may actually break faster by now.

Yes or just a normal battery box. Be sure to bring an extension cable, because the buggy motors don't come with integrated wire.

Oh i didn't know that.. In that case i think i'll have to pass because i don't have the extension cable.. Besides the chinese copy is heaps cheaper and brand new. 

2 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

I guess i'll go for it then.. I want to build a RC drift car and the buggy motor has enough bang to make it work. 
And 50€ is for me right in the top end of what i can afford to pay.. But i guess ordering a chinese knockoff would also do the trick. For that price, i could get two. 

I bought two chinese knockoff for around 30$. Works great!