I came across a German website, grooves.land, that has Technic at prices better than US stores, with free shipping across the pond. Does any one know if this is a reliable site. They are offering 42110 for $167.82 with free shipping. May actually be a bargain, since ToysRUs went away, I'm living in a Technic wasteland.

16 hours ago, m00se said:

A few weeks ago they actually had 25% of, but that was probably to make room for the Liebherr boxes ;-)

It was actually even better than that. It was 25% off on their already low 'red prices' (i.e. they guarantee to match their price to the lowest from their competitors). Eg. the 42082 was red-priced to EUR 199 (i.s.o. the 250 it should be in Belgium), and then the 25% off, which is how I got my copy at 149 EUR :).

But there was more: they had a concurrent LEGO-savings action where every 10EUR spent gave you a coupon. With 15 coupons, you got a free set (*) and a party pack (total worth according to them 70EUR).

Since the 42082 got me the required 15 coupons, I essentially spent 149 - 70 = 79 EUR on it.

(OK, not really. I'm still out of 149 EUR and got a set and a partypack that I don't need but the mind does work in mysterious ways).

(*) Choice between a fixed city/friends/duplo set. The city set was the netshooting 'copter taking down the statue-stealing drone. I really just said "the netshooting 'copter taking down the statue-stealing drone", didn't I? Sigh. I should have googled the set number :lol: I don't remember the Friends set in detail (a large heart loaded with minifig things), and don't remember the DUPLO set at all.

Recently I bought 2x 8475 (one of them had some missing parts, and the battery-compartment was completely damaged by old batteries, but the motors worked just great. I got it all for 330 DKK - around 45 EUR. The complete one has been sold for 1600 and the two motors for 500 each (total of around 350 EUR).

Got a 9396 for $37. It's missing one big rotor blade, instructions and few pieces but it has the PF. 

Edited by Jonfensu

130 euro in bilka here in Denmark for 42099

Just bought the Liebherr for around 320 at the same store earlier today. They have 30 % off of all their toys. 

Edited by mortenm
Typo

After two years without any LEGO purchase, I managed to get the 42083 - Bugatti Chiron for 200 euro. Me happy :blush:

8 hours ago, m00se said:

Dreamland Belgium again, coming soon: 20% off if you spend €150 or more

Thanks for the tip! Do you think the 20% will be on top of the current 10% reduction on Lego? That would be really interesting! I can have the boxes delivered at The Colruyt in Luxembourg. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, WvG_853 said:

Thanks for the tip! Do you think the 20% will be on top of the current 10% reduction on Lego? That would be really interesting! I can have the boxes delivered at The Colruyt in Luxembourg. :thumbup:

10% reduction till 27/10 included. 20% reduction if you spend 150€ or more from 26/10 till 3/11. In theory two days overlap for both actions.  You need a Xtra card for the 20% reduction.

Edited by Sleepy

That’s what I thought as well. I have an Extra card ... I will try on 26/10 and let you know!

On 10/19/2019 at 6:46 PM, WvG_853 said:

In the fine print it says you can't combine it with other actions, so you'll have to be happy with the 20%.

Didn't know you had Colruyt/Dreamland in Luxembourg, good for you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: Apparently they didn't read their own fine prints and it was cumulative! This, of course on top of their list price of €399 which is already an 11% reduction.

Total payed: €279.30 which is bout 38% below the Lego list price of €449 ;-)

Not bad for a set that has just been released.

I wasn't the only one hunting this deal today, as I had the last box of the second Dreamland I visited.

48961735373_c365174b28_b.jpg

Edited by m00se
update

@m00se :thumbup:

That is a great price! Online it did not work. Even with the 20% the price is still interesting as they apply the reduction on their initial price which is lower than the official price. Unfortunately, they in the end do not deliver to the Colruyt in Luxembourg ... I will be patient and wait for another interesting offer

Just got the 42100 for 313 EUR + 62 EUR on a card to spend next time at the Cora supermarket in Luxembourg = 251 EUR. They advertised the set for 349 EUR, but when I arrived in the supermarket they had dropped the price to 313 EUR - 20% on your Cora card. Apparently 349 EUR was still too expensive for most. The Christmas period is often the best time for bargains, but this was totally unexpected! :sweet:

Edited by WvG_853
Correction of typos

6 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

Just got the 42100 for 313 EUR + 62 EUR on a card to spend next time at the Cora supermarket in Luxembourg = 251 EUR. They advertised the set for 349 EUR, but when I arrived in the supermarket they had dropped the price to 313 EUR - 20% on your Cora card. Apparently 349 EUR was still too expensive for most. The Christmas period is often the best time for bargains, but this was totally unexpected! :sweet:

Congratulations, I didn't think anybody would beat the price I got so soon.

Have fun with it.

On 10/20/2019 at 1:05 PM, m00se said:

Update: Apparently they didn't read their own fine prints and it was cumulative! This, of course on top of their list price of €399 which is already an 11% reduction.

Total payed: €279.30 which is bout 38% below the Lego list price of €449 ;-)

Not bad for a set that has just been released.

I wasn't the only one hunting this deal today, as I had the last box of the second Dreamland I visited.

To bad none of the stores i went to, had a 42110 on the shelf:cry2:.

From a charity shop in Oban as they advertised on GumTree and when I phoned where prepared to post at my cost.

Was used for sons birthday present.

Mobile Crane 8053 & Container Truck including power set 8052 for £60

Just ordered a Defender with 38% discount, which i consider a top bargain, looking at what the porsche and bugatti have done so far. I dont expect it to go much lower, and even if it will, it wont be that much lower, just glad i didnt bite at €150

The Chiron is also €225 today, which is quite frankly an amazing deal, just mindblowing compared to the €400 MSRP, if i didnt already have one sitting on the shelf id be smashing my piggy bank.

55 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Just ordered a Defender with 38% discount, which i consider a top bargain, looking at what the porsche and bugatti have done so far. I dont expect it to go much lower, and even if it will, it wont be that much lower, just glad i didnt bite at €150

Wow, where did you find such a deal?

34 minutes ago, WvG_853 said:

Wow, where did you find such a deal?

bol.com, a dutch site (kind of our amazon), they have a >35% discount on selected technic today, the Chiron is going for €225, im almost tempted to buy a second one at that price.