8448 for £59 (GBP) on Ebay, but it was absolutely filthy and needed two washes!

Think that's a fair price!

Think that's a fair price!

Completely agree - it was just disgusting though, made my skin crawl at first it was so dirty - dishwasher tablets sorted it! Currently being restyled into a Aston V8 Vantage.

That ead my initial experience with buying a second hand set. I bought 8285 second hand for €110 but when I got it it was in disgusting condition. Years of dust caked onto very part and I decided it was too much work to wash all 1800 parts.

That is when I decided to swap as much as possible out for brand new parts.

That method continues today, I keep the rare/unique parts and eadh and polish them.

My own 8448 I bought second hand was in mint condition.

Wow really? Auction or online store? I really am looking for a parts donor!

Bought a 42009 crane for €165 (€200 RRP) and a 42030 loader for €150 (€220 RRP).

Both second hand but in excellent condition with box and manuals maintained by collectors. Perhaps not the best prices, but considering the popularity of both sets pretty decent prices I think.

Hoping to get the new 42055 excavator for 150 next year! :D And maybe the 42039 LeMan or 42043 Arocs for some ultra low price.

Do you guys think a 42025 Cargo Plane set is worth €75 (including shipping) for the parts alone? It's second hand with manual, but no box.

Edited by Mega-l0-maan

For a 1300 pieces set with PF is a great price. Depends on what pieces are you looking for, but that set provides enough white prices and the model itself is great and different.

Don't forget to ask for photos and a detailed history of the set,because the price is too good for that set

Thanks for the advice. I'm a bit tight on budget at the moment, but I agree that this would be a great price for the pieces alone. Already received pictures from owner, it unfortunately was in a kid's room I noticed, but as long as it's complete I'm not complaining.

I can always sell it for at least this price when I need to it seems. Maybe I should just hold off for now and rebuild my 8880 after 25 years (coming out of my dark ages so to speak, 42009 + 42030 are bound to arrive soon). Also have my old 8868 + 8485 parts tucked away somewhere.

Edited by Mega-l0-maan

I have 42009 and 42030 both excellent builds, I bought the old metal lego hook for 42009 it looks awesome and did some rebuilding on the Volvo. The original build has a jerky movement using the servo motor and single pin pinion, so Effermann came up with a system with the medium motor and 2 actuators more stable than before. I fitted more chunky tyres too. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91615&st=550 use this link and its a big help.

I have 42009 and 42030 both excellent builds, I bought the old metal lego hook for 42009 it looks awesome and did some rebuilding on the Volvo. The original build has a jerky movement using the servo motor and single pin pinion, so Effermann came up with a system with the medium motor and 2 actuators more stable than before. I fitted more chunky tyres too. http://www.eurobrick...ic=91615&st=550 use this link and its a big help.

Nice, yeah I noticed some really nice mods for the 42030 to further enhance its functions. I'll read up on that, thanks.

Isn't that lego hook like 20 euros on BL? :grin:

Edit: wow those replacement tires look amazing! especially for 15$.

Edited by Mega-l0-maan

Re: 43030...I would suggest buying it and build the excellent B model. You then have a ton of parts left over for spares

Lots of white panels and white in general.

Toys.ie ate doing a sale on Technic right now, lots of reductions incl the cargo plane for 99.99 Euro.

www.toys.ie

Bought the 42043 Arocs set yesterday new from amazon.co.uk. Has been 140 euro (200 RRP) for a few days now, couldn't resist and can always sell MIB when I need to :D

Its Amazon Prime day in the US - nothing too good in the Technic department, although 42050 drag racer is listed at 33% off. I got the 60052 Cargo Train for the kid's birthday, also at 33% discount, so I'm happy. (And after all, it does have PFs, so could be considered an honorary model team set :laugh:).

I got two 42050 drag racers for about €80. Considering the MSRP of a single drag racer is €70, I think it's quite a good deal. I bought them primarily as parts packs (especially the Tumbler wheels).

2 x 42030 new in box, 2 x 42008 new in box and 2 x 42009 1 built, 1 new in box, Brought from a friend for £100, (she wanted to give them to me), caught her husband cheating, everything must go.

caught her husband cheating, everything must go.

Are you the Third lucky one?? :laugh::grin::tongue::thumbup: ! That leads to (too) many thoughts...

...caught her husband cheating, everything must go.

She knew exactly how to punish him then! Just the mere thought of losing all their Lego should be enough to keep any AFOL's libido in check :devil:

Thanks to many recommendations i searched 8455 and found one for 57€ (63$, 48£).

With a jam-stain and missing the A-model instructions but with the box.

I'm quite happy about it :blush:

95€ for a sealed 42009. Got 50% discount at the retailer because the box was slighty damaged. I thought, well -20€ seems fair, but he offered me 50%.

Tesco direct are currently selling the 42054 claas xerion 5000 track vc set for £90 and I also had £34 in clubcard vouchers so I only paid £56 for a set which should have cost me £119.99

Bought a

1x Unimog 400

1x 8068

1x 9394

2x 42002

1x 42022

for a special price of 100euro!!! reckon that is a decent bargain :grin: