This for 18 EUR. BL Average price is 5x time more.

23777904119_b18cb4ffd7_c.jpg

Just few to mention:

14L Soft axle in Red

6L Dish in Red

X-pod top and bottom covers in Red

#4 connector in Yellow

20 pcs. of #4 white connectors

Meanwhile in Switzerland... well, not too bad, I just got 2 copies of 42042 for the price of 1, in their 50%-off-after-Xmas sale in Migros.

I'm now hoping the same situation will happen next year with the 42054. I like both sets, but not enough to pay the full price, honestly 0:)

Got the 42042 for 59 Eur. Bought 3 of them and kept one unopened.

Edited by Beard

yesterday i got really dusty but full set 8043 for 32$ :laugh:

Now that's what I call I bargain. Well done.

Got the 42042 for 59 Eur. Bought 3 of them and kept one unopened.

And I just bought one for a 'normal' price. You suddenly made my purchase look much more expensive than it looked before :laugh::tongue:

42038 Arctic Truck for €25. Not a really great set imho, but a great parts pack. Especially for that price :classic:

Bought a 42042 Crawler Crane & 42043 Actros at the weekend, both BNISB for a total of £120!

Bought them from the Father of an ungrateful 16yr old who'd had them bought for his birthday but, upon unwrapping them, angrily declared that he didn't want kids toys but money instead to buy a PS4.

Even though he lost money on the purchases and I offered him more, the Father sold them cheap to teach his Son a lesson.

And yes, harsh or not, I do have a HUGE smile on my face :laugh:

Edited by grum64

Bought them from the Father of an ungrateful 16yr old who'd had them bought for his birthday but, upon unwrapping them, angrily declared that he didn't want kids toys but money instead to buy a PS4.

:cry_sad: His Dad should buy him an Atari 2600 instead of a PS4. I will never understand people who can complain about a gift.

yesterday i got really dusty but full set 8043 for 32$ :laugh:

That hurts... :cry_sad:

I'm getting the Nitro Menace for the double of that price(incl. shipping)...

Could I know where you got it?

Edited by LXF

:cry_sad: His Dad should buy him an Atari 2600 instead of a PS4. I will never understand people who can complain about a gift.

.... And for THAT gift :cry_sad:

What an awesome father :cry_happy:. About the kid... Hmm I am not going to write anything :hmpf_bad:

I might actually prefer an Atari 2600 over a PS4. I'm pretty sure I'd have incredible fun replaying those games with my brother.

I'm afraid I have been the victim of a scam ... :angry: I have had many good deals through the Dutch site Marktplaats.nl, but it looks like I have been fooled very professionally this time. The user was selling a 41999 for a good price. I made an offer, we agreed and he proposed I come and pick it up. As I live in Luxembourg I asked if he could send it to my parents place in the Netherlands. We agreed and I have transferred the money. I first checked if his account was known with the police, then I checked if the name existed in the place mentioned. All appeared to be fine.

This morning I have received a warning mail from Marktplaats that it was probably a fraudulent advertisement and that the account and the advertisement of the person have been removed. As contact with the seller goes through Marktplaats, there is no way for me to contact him. The phone number that I had found on the web does no longer exist. :look:

I'm embarrassed that such a thing has happened to me, but I thought I share it with you ... Lesson learned: If it is too good to be true, don't do it. Also trust your gut feeling. In case you have doubts, check again or don't do it. There will be other opportunities.

Edited by WvG_853

I'm afraid I have been the victim of a scam ... :angry: I have had many good deals through the Dutch site Marktplaats.nl, but it looks like I have been fooled very professionally this time. The user was selling a 41999 for a good price. I made an offer, we agreed and he proposed I come and pick it up. As I live in Luxembourg I asked if he could send it to my parents place in the Netherlands. We agreed and I have transferred the money. I first checked if his account was known with the police, then I checked if the name existed in the place mentioned. All appeared to be fine.

This morning I have received a warning mail from Marktplaats that it was probably a fraudulent advertisement and that the account and the advertisement of the person have been removed. As contact with the seller goes through Marktplaats, there is no way for me to contact him. The phone number that I had found on the web does no longer exist. :look:

I'm embarrassed that such a thing has happened to me, but I thought I share it with you ... Lesson learned: If it is too good to be true, don't do it. Also trust you gut feeling. In case you have doubts, check again or don't do it. There will be other opportunities.

I've never had any problems with Marktplaats, but I read about these scams every now and then. It's annoying and sad, but there's not a lot to do about it. The fact that Marktplaats.nl doesn't have any feedback system like ebay has is not helping either. :sceptic:

Meanwhile in Switzerland... well, not too bad, I just got 2 copies of 42042 for the price of 1, in their 50%-off-after-Xmas sale in Migros.

I'm now hoping the same situation will happen next year with the 42054. I like both sets, but not enough to pay the full price, honestly 0:)

How come we never get such good sales on this side of the ocean?

The fact that Marktplaats.nl doesn't have any feedback system like ebay has is not helping either. :sceptic:

I guess the fact that Marktplaats belongs to eBay plays a role there. eBay is not really interested in improving Marktplaats as it would be in concurrence with its own mother company. It is free, but not risk free. If you want less risk, pay more on eBay ...

My best buy was the following three models together:

- 8275 Motorized Bulldozer

- 8421 Mobile Crane

- 8435 4WD

for just 50€!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :grin::wub:

Only the remote was missing! But I had enough of them ...

... I'm embarrassed that such a thing has happened to me, but I thought I share it with you ... Lesson learned: If it is too good to be true, don't do it. Also trust your gut feeling. In case you have doubts, check again or don't do it. There will be other opportunities.

I know the feeling, I once got greedy on a EV3 Mindstorms set on Marktplaats offer which was (in hindsight) too good to be true. Despite the checks it turned out to be a scam. Painful lesson, but that said, it was the only unpleasantness I experienced in close to 10 years of Marktplaats use. If used sensibly it is a great source for parts, sets and other related Lego items.

Which part of Switzerland? Canton Ticino sucks big time but I did find some pretty good offers when I was visiting Lucerne.

Back on topic - my best deal so far:

2 x 42009

1 x 8043

1 x 851

1 x 928 (not Technic, but still...)

for €250. Second-hand stuff but mostly in mint condition.

Which part of Switzerland? Canton Ticino sucks big time but I did find some pretty good offers when I was visiting Lucerne.

Canton Zurich, I'd expect about the same Sales over there in Migros, Coop and Toys'R'us.

42036 for £18 instead of £30 on amazon, I know it not a big set but with 44% off who cares. it does look quite cool too