Migros this week and some cumulus advantage included. (multiply factor 5+2). Base price is 179 CHF, minus 30%, 125.30 CHF and the rest is cumulus (fidelity program). VAT is included.

I bought a 42043 too! I hope there will be more coming February next year where they do a 50% off on selected sets :classic:

They did the same last year, is this something we can expect to happen every year in late October?

Migros around me don't have much, so I'm hoping to get my 42043 30% off from Toys'R'us in their Thanks Giving sale, since it looks like they are into that :)

I got my 9398 cheap (35% off) from Coop right after Xmas, fount it as a lonely leftover in the local InterDiscount. Saw it and decided it had my name on it :D

8258 complete with instructions for 60 Euro

8070 + 8386 complete with instructions for 50 Euro

Good deals but not good for my purse

Nothing special but this week I bought MISB 8068 including 1 piece of the famous 58088 wheel cover for 23 EUR. So now I need to get 3 more... :laugh:

They did the same last year, is this something we can expect to happen every year in late October?

Migros around me don't have much, so I'm hoping to get my 42043 30% off from Toys'R'us in their Thanks Giving sale, since it looks like they are into that :)

I got my 9398 cheap (35% off) from Coop right after Xmas, fount it as a lonely leftover in the local InterDiscount. Saw it and decided it had my name on it :D

I observed it the past three years now, having a 30% sale in October for all toys then 50% off in early February for selected toys. It's good thing there are a number of big Migros in Geneva area.

I got my 9398 also in Migros when they offered the 50% off 2 years ago..

Edited by CisFran

The 42021 Snowmobile was on sale at the Lego store, 20% off, so I picked one up. Nice size for a small set, and rather playable for a set with no gears. And to my surprise, so is the B-model.

Just received my latest bargain buy. £62 including delivery bought me:

42009 - Mobile Crane

9397 - Logging Truck

9390 - Mini Uni Mog

9391 - Mini Monile Crane

9394 - Jet Plane

9395 - Freds Garage Tow Truck

7398 - Train Set

This little lot will pay for my Lego Shed to be insulated :classic:

Edited by grum64

Just received my latest bargain buy. £62 including delivery bought me:

42009 - Mobile Crane

9397 - Logging Truck

9390 - Mini Uni Mog

9391 - Mini Monile Crane

9394 - Jet Plane

9395 - Freds Garage Tow Truck

7398 - Train Set

This little lot will pay for my Lego Shed to be insulated :classic:

You strike again! :laugh: Fantastic deal! :thumbup:

Grum, you need to give lessons on how you keep on picking up these bargains! I'm sure a lot of people here would appreciate how far you manage to your make Lego budget to go :sweet:

Edited by Jay Psi

Grum, you need to give lessons on how you keep on picking up these bargains! I'm sure a lot of people here would appreciate how far you manage to your make Lego budget to go :sweet:

My situation means I'm lucky to have a lot more time to look for bargains than most members. That said, with this latest haul I just got very, very lucky, bargains like this don't come around often.

After buying my Lego Shed & having the electrics done I've not much money left to get it insulated and not really wanting to sell any more of my Lego I came across this lot just in time. With the colder weather fast approaching the need to stay warm has focused the mind more than ever towards hunting out bargains.

Bought a used P.F. RC train remote, a M-motor and a standard bb for €14,-

A nice bargain I guess.

Edited by Dafgek81

I recently received a 70644 metal crane hook for £12 as part of my mad quest to build my own Ultimate 42009. I also got 8109 for ~£90, which, while too average a price to be a bargain, does provide some needed parts for the U42009 (and other sets that I want to reconstitute).

There was also a nice surprise a while back. I finally got myself the 8070 I've been lusting after. While £98 isn't exactly a super price, it did come with an unused sticker sheet and some weird extras: a PF IR Remote - instead of the known missing battery box - and a complete extra set of wheels with black rims, for some reason. Both are things that I would eventually want to buy anyway, so that was pretty good!

When I consider the outrageous individual costs of some of the parts in this haul (metal hook, 3x11 yellow panels, red #3 angle connectors and toggle joints), the overall value looks much better.

Not much.

â–º 9391 - it wasn't technically a bargain as I got it for free from my GF's ex-boss, who said "I dunno why I had this set, all it did was gathering dust", but it was already a discontinued set then, so I got double lucky. All I had to do was to wash away the smell of cigs (which was a useful lesson).

â–º 9390 - got it used for a ~MSRP two years after it was discontinued and in perfect condition (excluding the slightly damaged cord which I replaced with a 100cm one).

â–º 42000 - got it new and unboxed for 300 PLN, which then was roughly 55 quid (I think). Anyway, it was 60% of the MSRP, 2-3 months after the discontinuing.

Christmas Eve stocked clearance at Metro in Erfurt, Germany: 40% on LEGO including already discounted prices. Got myself a 43030 for 100€.

This year was a big bargain hunting year for me. I only buy when I find great deals and here is a resume of some of the better finds of 2015:

1. The first bargain was the purchase that started my inventory of parts:

• 8070 Supercar
  • 42000 F1 Car
  • 9396 Helicopter
  • 8069 Loader
  • 9395 Tow Truck
  • 9392 Quad
  • 42007 MX Bike
  • 8066 Jeep
  • 8293 PF Set
  • 7597 Train Set

€170 for the above lot. The seller called LEGO a "VIRUS" and he wanted it out his life because it was draining his wallet! :laugh:

2. RC unit including:

• 2 buggy motors
  • Receiver
  • and full steering assembly

€60 the lot. The Seller found the parts in a huge bulk purchase of his and he wasn't into RC I guess.

3. 9v Train Tracks:

• 10x Straight
  • 23x Curved

€8 the lot. Second hand shop. Seller probably had no idea they were even selling LEGO.

4. 12kg of mixed LEGO for €100 (not a terrific bargain but it lead to the purchase below)

5. Same seller then came back to me offering to sell 2.5kg more for €20. I said "sure", and upon handover I realized that it was the 7965 Millennium Falcon all in loose parts. Since I'm not into Star Wars, I checked all the parts (spent a few bucks buying missing parts and instructions) and then sold the set for €160, resulting in 12kg of Free LEGO from the initial purchase plus profit.

6. But perhaps my favorite was a few weeks back when I found someone selling 13.5kg of LEGO at a garage sale. All they wanted was €15 for me to "take it all off their shoulders". I kindly helped out. :wink:

This lot did have some nice sets like the 10184 Town Plan, City, Star Wars, Technic etc. There were also parts from a Farm set, which included two cows.

(http://alpha.brickli...4452pb02c01#T=C)

I put these 2 cows into my Bricklink store for €7 each (min price is usually around €10 each) and within 2 hours they were sold. This, plus some other sold items from this lot, has basically left me with 13.5kg of Free LEGO plus profit.

* To end this long post, my most stupid purchase of 2015 was for 4 New Tumbler tires (costing €16 each plus shipping) just before I saw leaked images of the 2016 drag racer with the same tires. Their price in 2016 will most likely drop to less than 50% of what I paid. You win some; you lose some :tongue:

Edited by SevenStuds