There was a short pricing error on the belgium S@H, they were selling the rechargable battery box for €15 instead of €55. Luckily I have some friends in Belgium which were willing to have the package shipped to them. I tried ordering 6 of them, but my order got cancelled because they didn't have enough due to a lot of interest in the item. I tried ordering 2 instead, and they suddenly had enough.

So, I got 2 rechargable battery boxes for only €30 :moar:

Probably none. Toys'R'us has 15% off but that's still more expensive than online shops liked hawk.ch or galaxus.ch

I got a 8296 Technic buggy for $3 at a garage sale :classic:

8070 for 80€. Few red parts were missing. Just got the last 2 from bricklink.

Best deal I have walked away from...

42009-1: Mobile Crane MK II 50% off about 112 euro. I had it in the shopping cart once already but I thought it would be the step to make me into a collector/dealer... Which I think I don't want to become. I just don't care for those yellow construction stuff myself... I might have been able to make a 100€ selling it in year or two I guess.

Edited by LegoCube

42009-1: Mobile Crane MK II 50% off about 112 euro.

This is pretty good! I just found out today that my wife and I have about £60 of Tesco Clubcard vouchers which means I could get 42009 for £50... but I'm not going to rush into anything yet. I'm waiting patiently for Tesco to put the new sets on their website because I think the prices will be very good, especially for 42043.

Just got what I consider an awesome score on ebay (UK) - eight Unimog wheels and tyres for £20 shipped. Couldn't get through checkout fast enough!

These are perfect for my planned MOC and I was actually about to buy some on bricklink, probably for a lot more money.

Not a super bargain but I did get 42008 Service Truck for 96 US dollars during Prime Day sale on amazon.

My best bargain has been a complete 8547 Mindstorms NXT 2.0 set (retail $280 USD) for a mere $25 USD.

Edited by Technic Fan

Another 41999 in used condition with box and building instructions for 150Euro.

Today bought a complete 8258 for £40 from a local house clearance company.

Edit: Corrected typo.

Edited by grum64

Today bought a complete 8258 for £40 from a local house clearance company.

Edit: Corrected typo.

I got mine for £88 (including £8 P&P) and I thought that was a good deal at the time ... I hope you get time to build this grum, it's a beauty.

I got mine for £88 (including £8 P&P) and I thought that was a good deal at the time ... I hope you get time to build this grum, it's a beauty.

The 8258 was my first Technic build taking over 20 weeks. I loved the set but sadly & for reasons I'm still not sure of let alone understand, I sold it (along with a couple of others which I've managed to get again) and have really regretted it ever since. I'm more than happy to have another set back in my collection.

A place called Bargain Hunt

9397 - Logging Truck $80.00 ($139.00)

42009 - Mobile Crane MKII $115.00 ($219.00)

42021 - Snowmobile $12.00 ($19.99)

Lego Store:

42000 - Racer $90.00 (box was damaged) ($129.99)

Edited by P3_Super_Bee

The topic title says "YOUR Best Technic Bargains" - for me any Technic purchase would be my best bargain, as I just made my FIRST new Technic set purchase (at least for my own use) :laugh:

But anyway, it was a pretty good deal: I just bought a new (although in a slightly damaged and opened box, but complete with all parts still in sealed bags) 42030 for 650 PLN, what is about 175 US$. For guys in the USA it is probably not a bargain, but MSRP for this set in Poland is 999.99 PLN (266 US$) and typically the online prices for the set start from 750 PLN ( 200 US$).

By the way, it's not like I never had any Technic set, but I never bought any new one for myself before. As a kid I only had one Technic set I received as a gift (in early 1980s), but it was a BIG one: 8859 (well, at least is seemed HUGE to me back then). But is it loooong gone. In the last two years or so (after going out of my Dark Ages) I obtained a couple of large used Lego bundles and they included a few smaller Technic sets (largest being 8294 and 8386). They were missing some parts, but I bricklinked them complete (although my 8386 is missing stickers - the original ones were in very bad condition, so I removed them and new ones are so expensive at BL that I have no plans to buy them).

Still the 42030 is the first NEW and LARGE set I will build since my childhood!

Edited by Vodnik

The 8258 was my first Technic build taking over 20 weeks. I loved the set but sadly & for reasons I'm still not sure of let alone understand, I sold it (along with a couple of others which I've managed to get again) and have really regretted it ever since. I'm more than happy to have another set back in my collection.

Just got an 8110 for £48. This means I now have back all those sets I so foolishly sold :classic:

The best bargain I've come across is the Mobile Crane II (42009) for 180 USD new in box (6cents per part).