i think i was quite successful last week:

- 8258 crane truck complete but without box: 95€

- 42009 mobile crane in MINT condition (ie. complete and with BI and box without any damages, just onve build and then dismantled): 105€

(BTW: I think i will pass on building the 42009 (in the meantime i'm somehow bored by these function-switching gearboxes...there will be no better one than those of 8258 and 8043 - and 8480 of course ;-) and go immediately to Juergens Ultimate version ... all motors, receivers and parts should be already inhouse...)

Best deal ever: 2×8258 + 1×8043 + 2×8070 MISB FREE (they were stored in plastic bags, in the house)

Oh wait ... I must have bought them 2-3 years ago and forgot about them ... :wink:

Edited by DrJB

MISB 9398 for 116 uk pounds....I only wanted a receiver but they were sold out in the Lego shop so I bought the crawler instead (John Lewis).

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

You bought an entire crawler .... Because you only needed a V2 receiver???

You bought an entire crawler .... Because you only needed a V2 receiver???

Yes and no, I am making a new collection in Glasgow so it is a good parts pack.

Just scored a used 8439 pneumatic front loader for $120 plus shipping on ebay. 3rd time buying it and this time I'm keeping it. First one melted in a fire, 2nd one sold for the newer version. But this version has much more playability.

Just bought:

- 9396 Helicopter with box, instructions and extra pieces,

- 8053 Mobile Crane with instructions,

- 8294 Excavator with instructions and power functions (battery box, M motor, Switch, clutch gear)

- 8049 Tractor and Log Loader, with instructions and power functions (Battery box, M motor)

All for 190€

I think it was a good bargain... Don't you?

Hi all,

I just picked a 42025 on ebay for 79,86 Eur. It has a damage box, the rest still on its sealed bags.

cheers

Jaime

ladies and gentlemen, right now i made the deal of my life:

- 8258 Crane Truck

- 42009 Mobile Crane

- 8043 Excavator

- 8110 Unimog

- 8109 Flatbed truck

- 9398 Cawler

all complete with box and BI

and now please make a guess about the prize for all?

Well, you will never guess this right... ;-) 350€ cash and with self pickup at home of the owner..

Now the question is: what should i do with this stuff - i already own all these sets... ;-)

8458 Silver Champion with Box and Instructions... Almost new... 65€

8461 Williams F1 without box... 35 €

8527 Mindstorms NXT... 50€ ... like new

But the cheapest is the free LEGO from friends ^^

Today I was one lucky guy!

Answered an ad in the local paper : "Two large bags with Technic LEGO" with a crappy pic of what looked like a 8860 ..

So, I went to the guy's house and picked up this lot :

april_haul_1.JPG

april_haul_2.JPG

May not look like much, but I've found the following sets more or less complete :

855/955

856/951

+ a couple of early Universal sets and a bag of unused spareparts

Now, that in itself is very very nice, but lo and behold there's more!

ALL the major (and very expensive parts, like black/grey windows + large red train wheels) from the following trainsets :

One red 12V motor, one black 12V motor and a bunch of rods to boot

Plus at least three 7861s, a couple of 7867s and a complete 7820! :laugh:

All that for 67EUR, yes that is right. The train windows alone are worth triple that, motors the same ..

And I'm going back saturday to check out "two large boxes with Starwars and some other stuff" ..

Just to top that, I got a really nice order from BL today. Bought a lot of 80's classic town set with the very cryptic description :

"Only used once when controlling building instructions at LEGO Company HQ in Denmark"

The sets that arrived were all BRAND NEW!

I feel like canceling my forthcomming holiday and just stay home and play with LEGO :wub:

Life is sweet ..

Well done :)

My latest pick ups (In Australian dollars):

8110 Unimog U400 $269.00

42008 Service Truck $75.00

42024 Container truck $84.55

I'm passing on this, but a head's up. TRU website in the US has 9398 crawler for $160, and 9396 helicopter for $100 with free shipping (You can send me the commission :laugh: )

I'm passing on this, but a head's up. TRU website in the US has 9398 crawler for $160, and 9396 helicopter for $100 with free shipping (You can send me the commission :laugh: )

Not a huge bargain, but I got 9398 from TRU in Canada at 20% off last Friday, though it's been removed from the TRU Canada website since. In fact, it looks like all the Technic sets are on sale at 20% off in Canada until Thursday. :laugh:

Yesterday I bought on marktplaats.nl my second 8466 for € 65,- it arrived today and it is just the model in good condition.

I often look on marktplaats for a 8466 for a good price, but when I don't, there is one... :hmpf_bad:

Nice one! :wink:

My latest pick ups (In Australian dollars):

8110 Unimog U400 $269.00

42008 Service Truck $75.00

42024 Container truck $84.55

Nice! I just scored an 8110 for $270 so I'm pretty happy (it's my first 8110 so I'm eager to build/mod it!)

Those prices for the 42008 and 42024 are decent! Were they retail or off BL?

Nice! I just scored an 8110 for $270 so I'm pretty happy (it's my first 8110 so I'm eager to build/mod it!)

Those prices for the 42008 and 42024 are decent! Were they retail or off BL?

42008 was second hand off a friend, 42024 was brand new from a local retailer with a staff discount card ;)

on two separate occasions I have found a Box full of mixed used Lego left beside the garbage - my wife says I can 'smell' lego now from far away

recently got 9398 crawler off play.com with box damage (it was slightly open, nothing missing) for under 100€ (including courier delivery in 2 days!)

Edited by Rockbrick

Not to rub it in, but I got the last 8110, at the our local TRU, for $200 this past week.

Not to rub it in, but I got the last 8110, at the our local TRU, for $200 this past week.

I was surprised to find five 8110s still left at my local Toys R Us a couple weeks ago so I had to pick one up too (surprisingly, they had no 42009s). :grin: Have a feeling there are still a few of them sitting on the shelves elsewhere too.

I was surprised to find five 8110s still left at my local Toys R Us a couple weeks ago so I had to pick one up too (surprisingly, they had no 42009s). :grin: Have a feeling there are still a few of them sitting on the shelves elsewhere too.

Between out two main LEGO stores I have counted 6 Unimogs still on the shelves.