That's an asounding deal! If you've only built the new studless sets, be prepared for this build to take a LONG time! The instructions are a lot more complex, too. Sometimes you'll add 15-25 parts per step!

This week I got a used 8880 off Marktplaats (Dutch auction site) for only 35 EURO!

The advertiser called it just 'LEGO Supercar' without mentioning it was set 8880 so it didn't get a lot of hits.

It was a bit of a gamble since the B-model (F1 car) was built and he didn't know for sure the set was complete..

After I checked that all rare and expensive parts are also used in the B-model I decided to take the risk.

Yesterday the set arrived in a large box and turned out te be 99,9% complete! Only a few minor parts were missing and I found them in my spare parts.

No let's see how building complex Technic sets in 1994 was!

I got an 8880 from Markplaats too, but for €50. :classic:

Last year I got a 8043 for $160 with tax from TRU. I had called about stock and asked what the price was and they said a very low and incorrect number (like $130!). When I went there and found the price was $220, I complained and got $70 off. I was pretty happy about it especially since TLG had just retired it.

I got my second 8455 (while they were still being sold) for $60.00 (list was $100.00) from TRU ... simply because the box was open and store was not sure it was complete ... All I cared for were the pneumatics and they were all there, all 10 of them. This goes like .. humm ... 8-9 years ago though.

Just got my hands on 8043, 8183, 8275 and 8052 for around £230 which ain't that bad. Not sure if i'm going to sell of the extra 8043 and just keep the 8275 as that is what i bought the lot for :) But more parts are always fun.

Just got my hands on 8043, 8183, 8275 and 8052 for around £230 which ain't that bad. Not sure if i'm going to sell of the extra 8043 and just keep the 8275 as that is what i bought the lot for :) But more parts are always fun.

I too was wondering about that ad, almost seemed too good to be true!;-) unfortunately I don't have much money to spare, so I had to let it go...:-(

Were all the sets complete?

Not sure yet. Had to get a friend of mine in Oslo to pick it up. The seller used her work email so i know everything about her life if she tries to scam me :P Was a bit strange the seller as she wanted cash but i think it should all be there. Probably selling her sons stuff :P

Most of you are quite lucky it seems - down here the Lego market is extremely limited (pretty much non-existent) which means I have to add quite a premium for postage from Europe / USA. Some eBay seller don't even consider posting to SA, which makes it even more of a pain at times and due the cost, large sets are unfortunately not feasible since the postage can go up to EUR100.00

Much the same in Norway when trying to ebay sets. Most people only send to lower 48 states :( We also have a pretty high import tax on anything over £20 so everything needs to be under that or bought locally. Large bricklink orders can suddenly become very expensive :(

i manage to pick up

8043 for $110 or €80

9398 for the same just some dust from shelf display with boxes and booklets, in mint conduction. but sadly no extras

its not the deal of the century but here in souht africa (no official lego shop) we get robbed for lego always 1/4 more expensive than E.U or U.S.A.

happy days

8448 in nice condition including box (7/10) and instructions for EUR 60

And only a few blocks away from my home.

Guy's girlfriend was moving in so the LEGO had to go :laugh:

dang poor guy! was there only 8448? can always get another girl thats easy, but another 8448 not so easy. he will kick himself later hahah!

I got myself the 8880, with box and manual in good condition, for the amount of ... *drum roll* ... €88,80

Seems like a nice deal (for me that is).

Bought my copy of the 8448 for EUR45.00, mint condition, complete parts, box & manuals

Lucky you!

9396 Helicopter from TRU for 50%, they price matched the Lego S@H price, plus I had a $5.00 rewards coupon :laugh:. came to US $54.98.

By the way, they had plenty of 8110, 9398, and 41009's in stock. Hoping that Lego posts 50% off prices on these as well.

9396 Helicopter from TRU for 50%, they price matched the Lego S@H price, plus I had a $5.00 rewards coupon :laugh:. came to US $54.98.

By the way, they had plenty of 8110, 9398, and 41009's in stock. Hoping that Lego posts 50% off prices on these as well.

How did they price match an out of stock item? I would like to purchase one. Did you show them a print out?

Of course the 9396 has to be in stock in the store - I found a "young looking" eager to please manager first, and then showed him the S&H price on my Android phone. SInce LEGO kindly indicated that the price was "on sale" and not "discounted" or "close-out", it was acceptable, even if sold out - no reason given by LEGO for being sold out. According to TRU policy, they only match regular and sale prices, not close-outs. So a big tip o' the hat to LEGO for not providing too many details :tongue: . There is only one left at our local store, so better move quick.

Lego.com says it is Out of Stock which Toys R Us will not match and is against their policy. I would gladly attempt to drive to TRU right now but I am confident they will tell me, sorry Lego does not have them in stock, and will not price match this for you.

Worked for me, and also for someone else in this forum (sorry, can't locate the post, which prompted me to try). Since TRU is across the street from McDonald's it is relatively painless to go out to lunch and run into TRU on the same trip - nothing ventured, nothing gained. Also helps to find a friendly sales manager

I tried that today at TRU and the lady/salesperson was willing to honor the price-match ... until a manager came and objected ... 'We do not price-match against low quantities' ... I was tempted to say "duh, show me the written policy" ... but felt it was a wasted effort ... I'll live.

Edited by DrJB

Do you think, it's worth buying it! 8109, 8070, 9398 (mint condition, like new, show case models) with manuals and boxes for € 240 (including dispatch)???

It is not a bargain but Overall a Very good prize and worth it. The models are not outstanding but good and you will get a great parts and PF assortment. Go for it!

Edited by Kumbbl

It is not a bargain but Overall a Very good prize and worth it. The models are not outstanding but good and you will get a great parts and PF assortment. Go for it!

ok, i will go with that! I already have the sets 9398 and 8070. But i really like the 8070B Model and with the 9398 crawler i have a perfect PF assortment.