saw a half built 8421 + pile of parts for 50 euros the other day, the ebay listing claimed it had never been completed. Maybe one of you ended up buying it.

Picked up a 8043 for 80 euros or so today.

saw a half built 8421 + pile of parts for 50 euros the other day, the ebay listing claimed it had never been completed. Maybe one of you ended up buying it.

Picked up a 8043 for 80 euros or so today.

Woah? 80? Where?

I don't think getting an 8272 Snowmobile for 34 euros would count as a bargain but it's one I have always wanted because I live in snow machine country.

Woah? 80? Where?

Was used on ebay.de I also saw one a couple of days ago for a bit less bit missed out on it.

Lego 8880----------------79.00 mint in box (X2)

Lego 8216----------------3.50 mint in poor box

These where my best bargains.

The Lego 8437 Future Car is for sale on bricklink for 24 euros

The 8437 is a real bargain

There's a guy near me with a 8675 for sale for $175, in box, complete (used). Too bad I don't have the money for it now.

Edited by NevynPA

I had some good deals in the past few weeks. I bought the Superpack 66433 (9395+9392+8293) for 49€, 8043 for 120€, 9395 for 30€ and recently 42008 for 59€, all MISB.

If you want to buy a Remote Control car from Lego,

that can drive smoothly outside, get a 8378, its under 50 euros available,

you can also buy 8676, it is also under 50 euros available.

Not that much of a bargain, but since I'm really happy with finding this at last I thought I'd share it. A used 8145 (Ferrari 599 GTB) for 75 euros.

yesterday: 2x 9397 truck, both with box and BI in near MINT condition and complete parts: together for 110€ - great, one for the cute B-model, one for parts for MOCs...

a week ago: 2x 8854, both complete and with BI, one with box in near MISB condition(!) - together for 40€ - now both models are buildable - both belong to my favorite midrange/small models...

two weeks ago: 2x universal set 8082, both complete and with BI but without box, but together for just 41€ - just the electrical parts cost more than twice - at least...

Not that much of a bargain, but since I'm really happy with finding this at last I thought I'd share it. A used 8145 (Ferrari 599 GTB) for 75 euros.

This is a good price.

It is some kind of expensive - even in Germany. ;O)

Edited by dragofoscar

This is a good price.

It is some kind of expensive - even in Germany. ;O)

:classic: indeed - the Enzo 8653 is slightly cheaper... you should be able to catch one for about 50 - 60€ (in germany ;-)

and cause of the nice door opening mechanism of the Enzo i always prefered "him", but i had to admit the 8145 is even prettier

After I bough 8070 when it came out I decided to collect the other red sportscars, namely 8448 8653 and 8145. I managed to get the first two fairly quickly for 40-50, ended up buying a second (incomplete) 8448 for really cheap for the red parts and to get the couple of pieces missing in the other one. At the time 8145 was going for 60 or so every couple of weeks, and I wanted to wait for the price to also drop down to 50. Instead the only time it showed up for less than 100 afterwards it was bought in seconds.

When Lego was clearing out their 8258 stock, I bought 10 of them for ~$80 each. I sold them in the next couple of months for about $150 each and thought I had been very clever. If only I had kept them for a couple of years.....

When Lego was clearing out their 8258 stock, I bought 10 of them for ~$80 each. I sold them in the next couple of months for about $150 each and thought I had been very clever. If only I had kept them for a couple of years.....

clever but not clever enough ;)

today i catched the snow groomer 8263 for 20€ - completely with very good box and BI... cute model for a really fair price...

Since everybody is talking about old sets I would mention my latest purchase:

42009 Mobile Crane MK2 for 120€ on the christmas sales.

Just before christmas i acquired an eBay lot for 110€ containing:

4 x RC/buggy motor

1 x RC unit

2 x of the last revision 9V Motors

1 x M-Motor

1 x PF LEDs

3 x 9V Battery Boxes

2 x large LAs

3 x small LA

1 x PF switch

2 x damped shockabsorbers/springs

2 x short 9V wires

2 x pneumatic Airtanks

10 x pneumatic cylinders (square base)

1 x small pneumatic cylinder

3 x pneumatic pumps

5 x valves

several hoses

The parts needed some cleaning and the buggy motors may required a bit a of lube/grease, but the price put a smile on my face.

Couple years ago, picked up a new 8043 for £100 in some new year sale. Was a great bargain, saved a third!

I have bought "new, box missing" 8275 (yay!) for 131 Euro on eBay... and it just came without pneumatic cylinder brackets!!!! :/

I have bought "new, box missing" 8275 (yay!) for 131 Euro on eBay... and it just came without pneumatic cylinder brackets!!!! :/

:cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

And that's why everyone loves eBay. :grin:

I hope you get a refund or something...

TLH

This week I got a used 8880 off Marktplaats (Dutch auction site) for only 35 EURO!

The advertiser called it just 'LEGO Supercar' without mentioning it was set 8880 so it didn't get a lot of hits.

It was a bit of a gamble since the B-model (F1 car) was built and he didn't know for sure the set was complete..

After I checked that all rare and expensive parts are also used in the B-model I decided to take the risk.

Yesterday the set arrived in a large box and turned out te be 99,9% complete! Only a few minor parts were missing and I found them in my spare parts.

No let's see how building complex Technic sets in 1994 was!