Hi Everyone!

This thread will contain all my WIP with regular updates, and finished projects will have their own thread, with high quality pics, videos and maybe files. :grin:

I will be using this to document everything I do with Lego Technic! Gone a bit mad :wacko:

To start with, here is my current problem!!!! My Patria 8x8 AMV ....broke :cry_sad:

8887378148_36d63d642e_c.jpg

I was just testing on level ground, then a small object and crack! :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

I will just swap them over from left to right, but still very puzzling after not even going off-road!

Is this a known flaw? Anyone else experienced simpler breakage?

My other current project is a 32 Ford Hot Rod. Here is a quick video of performance. :laugh:

It features live axles front and rear and chassis modeled of the real thing. 2XL motors power and 1 servo for steering.

More pics are coming soon, so stay tuned!

Thanks for looking! :grin:

i didnt understand what exactly you broke in the Patria :D

anyway the hotrod chassis seems very cool and performant :sweet:

i didnt understand what exactly you broke in the Patria :D

anyway the hotrod chassis seems very cool and performant :sweet:

Thanks man! :laugh:

Bit hard to see, so I took another pic.

8887767810_9349a46737_c.jpg

The tow ball part snapped off. :cry_sad:

Really good....

Was that a new part for your Patria, or had it been 'previously cherished' in another build?

Excellent news. Set thread to follow :-)

Awesome work so far good job :thumbup:

Thank you guys! :laugh:

Really good....

Was that a new part for your Patria, or had it been 'previously cherished' in another build?

Thanks. It was in fact brand new, perhaps it was just a dud with a minor defect in molding, and after some stress broke. :cry_sad:

I will swap it over to the right side and swap that back to the left, so all good for now, just hope more don't break!

Wow, your hotrod seems to be pretty fast until now.

Thanks guys! It was the Patria that broke, hehe.

This is what inspired the Hot rod. So pretty. :wub:

8894482185_9cdc026e61_c.jpg

Why not just create a blogspot for all of your WIP's and post final finished mocs here on EB. Sifting through pages and pages of posts on a single thread is very tedious.

Why not just create a blogspot for all of your WIP's and post final finished mocs here on EB. Sifting through pages and pages of posts on a single thread is very tedious.

So many other people have them...Why do you complain about this one? Just go to the first unread post...

Don't look at thiscthen. Personally I prefer it like this :wink: Doc I agree, that hotrod is lovely...

Sorry, bit late with this...

I agree with your conclusion, probably some contaminant in the ABS, just unfortunate it was at a stress point.

I expect you already know... But under stress (beyond mechanical strength of cross section) it would be expected for ABS to deform rather than break (you would have noticed this), however, after prolonged undue stresses the material will fail. This would be highly unlikely in this application.

I know.... I have bored you now.... I'll stop :classic:

So many other people have them...Why do you complain about this one? Just go to the first unread post...

Don't look at thiscthen. Personally I prefer it like this :wink: Doc I agree, that hotrod is lovely...

Thanks guys! :grin:

Sorry, bit late with this...

I agree with your conclusion, probably some contaminant in the ABS, just unfortunate it was at a stress point.

I expect you already know... But under stress (beyond mechanical strength of cross section) it would be expected for ABS to deform rather than break (you would have noticed this), however, after prolonged undue stresses the material will fail. This would be highly unlikely in this application.

I know.... I have bored you now.... I'll stop :classic:

No not at all! Thank you for your input. :sweet:

Quick update.

Working on a firing system for the Main gun on the Patria. :laugh:

8920539601_8286f0130b_c.jpg

I hope the arrows explain whats happening, haha. This is a very rough experiment, trying to get the right movement.

Basically with the motor spinning, there is a small pause between "firing"

This motion is to simulate the turrets recoil.

This is the first time I'v tried such mechanics, and I'n really enjoying it!

If anyone seems something obvious I'm doing wrong please say so! :grin: or any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Edited by Doc_Brown

Interesting. What's going to be fired? What kind of power are you looking for? I can't really figure out the annotations?

Watching with interest.

:-)

Thanks!

Here is a video to show the movement, you have to look very carefully at the recoil cos of bad quality. But thats the motion im after. :D

So you are making a fake gun, but want a good recoil action?

How about the action that I used on the machine gun, but with very low gearing and a pressure cylinder to damp the motion?

Edited by SteveNesta