mdoupe

[Software] Brickficiency - Find the cheapest BL stores to buy parts

Double click the condition field, or select all and change condition to Used.

Setting the condition to used will search used and new.

I know it's probably far too late for this project at this point (still love the software though!), my only comment for improvement would be if when you get the results page up, if it could add the total weight of the bricks from each store with each store result?

IE -

store a, 300 parts, $35.27, 254.3gm

store b, 256 parts, $21, 404gm

Would make estimating postage costs about a million times easier :)

Otherwise, love it.

Brickficiency is no longer supported

With the advent of Bricklink 2.0, Brickficiency is no longer needed. The auto-finder may not be perfect, but it's quite a lot faster and easier to use than Brickficiency. I've left this page her for posterity, but the database behind Brickficiency is no longer available.

I am very sad to see this. This was such a great program and I loved using it because it was easy to find out which pieces were not official colors so I could go back and change my model to supported colors. Now, the upload for bricklink 2.0 just rejects my LDD files without telling me what pieces caused the error. With Brickficiency, I could see the error parts because they would be listed as Undetermined type or no thumbnail would load which would tell me I don't have a Known Color. Ok, if that is the will of the developer...so be it. This was such a valuable asset to the community and will be painfully missed.

it was easy to find out which pieces were not official colors so I could go back and change my model to supported colors.

A workaround is loading your model in BrickStock and setting the prices to 6mo average. Sort by price.

If a part is set at $0, either it doesn’t exist or is so extremely rare it hasn’t been sold in 6mo.

Moreover, if it has no picture, it’s really dubious it has ever existed.

I could see the error parts because they would be listed as Undetermined type or no thumbnail would load which would tell me I don't have a Known Color.

LDD Manager will do this. In addition I believe it's more accurate when converting from LDD to a list of parts.

LDD Manager will do this. In addition I believe it's more accurate when converting from LDD to a list of parts.

I believe LDD manager uses Bricklink's database too. And besides that, I think it's not very much updated anymore either.

BrickStock is the tool of choice here I guess (@SylvainLS).

A workaround is loading your model in BrickStock and setting the prices to 6mo average. Sort by price.

If a part is set at $0, either it doesn’t exist or is so extremely rare it hasn’t been sold in 6mo.

Moreover, if it has no picture, it’s really dubious it has ever existed.

Thank you!! That will really help!

I'll check it out.

I believe LDD manager uses Bricklink's database too. And besides that, I think it's not very much updated anymore either.

Thank you for all the help you guys! I will check out those options!

I don't think Brickstock can open LDD files, though.

I don't think Brickstock can open LDD files, though.

Well, you can also upload Bricklink files, BrickStock files, LDraw files and even LDD files to Rebrickable in a 'Private MOC' aka wanted list. It'll also tell you if there are any color errors.

Then you can also export it to a variety of formats. :classic:

Apparently Brickficiency is now being maintained by another person as Brickficiency 2: https://github.com/WindmillHelix/Brickficiency2

Thing is, I can't seem to figure out how to get the program to run. The original Brickficiency folder I have has a .EXE file that I run to start the program, but I can't find one of those in this new Brickficiency.

Click where it says "1 release".

Thanks!

I've always thought Brickficiency is the better program to use over Bricklink's new system, it's a lot more helpful when something goes wrong and it's much easier to use.

Is it still fine to reply to this topic regarding Brickficiency 2.0? Or should we start another one?...

I'm getting an error today from Brickficiency 2:

Error loading settings... using defaults (System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSettings.Read3_Settings()   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)   at Brickficiency.MainWindow.loadWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in D:\github\Brickficiency2\Brickficiency\Main.cs:line 328)Loading...

From there, I can play with the various drop-down menus in the top, but I can't actually do anything (e.g., I can open 'Import' but I can't actually select a file to import as the options are grayed out).

On 9/23/2016 at 3:11 AM, Phoxtane said:

Is it still fine to reply to this topic regarding Brickficiency 2.0? Or should we start another one?...

There are a few places you could ask.

Probably the best would be 'mkdir's subredit: https://www.reddit.com/r/brickficiency/

Of you could create an issue on the GitHub project page itself: https://github.com/WindmillHelix/Brickficiency2/issues/13
Oh, I see you've already done that - any got a solution :), well I guess that makes the rest of my post kind of redundant.

On 9/23/2016 at 3:11 AM, Phoxtane said:

I'm getting an error today from Brickficiency 2:

Error loading settings... using defaults (System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSettings.Read3_Settings()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   at Brickficiency.MainWindow.loadWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in D:\github\Brickficiency2\Brickficiency\Main.cs:line 328)Loading...

From there, I can play with the various drop-down menus in the top, but I can't actually do anything (e.g., I can open 'Import' but I can't actually select a file to import as the options are grayed out).

The problem seems to be with your "Settings.xml" file.
It will most likely be in:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Brickficiency\Brickficiency-Settings.xml

or similar.

See if you can't workout the problem my examining or deleting and replacing the file.  If you're still having trouble post a copy of your Settings.xml file some where and I'll take a look at it myself.

All the best,
Slarti.

By the way, what is going on with the formatting in this forum?

I appreciate there implementing an upgrade or something but what's with all the broken links and images.

Unfortunately this software is dead ... the development of v2.0 seems abandoned and now it fails to get prices from bricklink so it is totally unusable. Too bad, it was a good alternative to the bricklink auto finder that does the calculations like he wants ...
If anyone knows how to run the program again, I'll make a statue :cry_sad:

Edited by Luke_954vl

3 minutes ago, mdoupe said:

Unfortunately no, I tried yesterday the latest version and the program fails to get the price list of the pieces, does the first two correctly and the others give a error and the development has stopped 11 months ago 

Edited by Luke_954vl

To be fair, Bricklink's own online buy tools have increased in functionality a lot lately and in my (little) experience work very well. Maybe not as great as something like Brickficiency was, but since it doesn't have to scrape everything and has direct access to the database it's very fast and seems to come up with quite reasonable results (the auto-buy feature that is). I quite like the functionality and its ease of use.

It is certainly faster, but the calculations are not efficient, for example I'm doing a MOC, bricklink finds out 260 € with 10 stores, brickficiency (I do not know how, but now it works by closing it and opening it several times) calculate 250 € with 5 store