mdoupe

[Software] Brickficiency - Find the cheapest BL stores to buy parts

If it works then I'll be happy with it. I think at this point I'm just waiting on the "This is good enough to be 'officially' released" bit.

Alright, finally got back to taking another look at this.

This is what I've been working on:

AvailstoresAdded.png

It still has some stability issues but is this going to satisfy what you are after?

Only for me it does not work anymore?It crashes when it tries to update the catalog

Me too.

I last opened it about a month ago and it worked fine. Opened it the other day and it crashes immediately. This has occurred on two separate machines, one with Windows 7 and the other with Win 10.

Would this be able to pick a store with the most of my wishlist on it? Like narrow down the stores on bricklink to only those that had the parts I'm looking for or the ones with the most common to the list?

Only for me it does not work anymore?It crashes when it tries to update the catalog

Download http://www.buildingoutloud.com/bf/bfdb.zip

Put it in c:\users\<your name>\appdata\roaming\brickficiency and then unzip it to the same directory.

If it asks you to update, click no.

I've not had time to look at why it's broken, but from what I hear Brickficiency is quite close to being obsolete.

but from what I hear Brickficiency is quite close to being obsolete.

Why is that?

Edited by Plokman

Why is that?

I guess bricklink is close to implementing this feature right into the site. Just a rumor I heard, but I'm fairly certain it's been in development for quite a while.

I guess bricklink is close to implementing this feature right into the site. Just a rumor I heard, but I'm fairly certain it's been in development for quite a while.

If so I do hope it works the way I described two posts above. I want to be able to get most of my parts from one shop since multiple stores would include shipping as well and I mainly only wish to pay for shipping once and know how much in parts I'm buying.

Download http://www.buildingo...com/bf/bfdb.zip

Put it in c:\users\<your name>\appdata\roaming\brickficiency and then unzip it to the same directory.

If it asks you to update, click no.

I've not had time to look at why it's broken, but from what I hear Brickficiency is quite close to being obsolete.

This is actually quite sad! Your program was awesome, I've used it many times with great success.

It's not working anymore at least for me, I downloaded your file but still nothing... this a machine were it has never runned before.

Thanks for your hard work.

This is actually quite sad! Your program was awesome, I've used it many times with great success.

It's not working anymore at least for me, I downloaded your file but still nothing... this a machine were it has never runned before.

Thanks for your hard work.

Indeed. I never meant to put your program down. Thank you for the work.

I must echo the sentiments above, it was a brilliant program and must have saved me substantial amounts of money. I have bricklinked MOCs, MODs and even a Market Street Modular that looks authentic for a price I have not seen anyone beat. I have a few bits on my wanted list now that I really could use brickficiency for, but sadly I can't!

Such a feature would make bricklink so much easier to use and buyer-friendly. But I suspect some stores may oppose this since this feature may favor larger stores. And how much can we trust this feature since bricklink gets more money when you spend more money. For all we know, bricklink will find you stores to satisfy your want-list, but not necessarily at the lowest possible price. It would be nice to have an independent system to sanity check results.

It should still work if you follow the instructions in post #306 above. The only thing that is not working is downloading the database. If you manually download and install the database, everything else should work fine.

I followed the instructions on post #306 with no success :(

Is there any other file that is needed? I've never runned Brickficiency on this machine before.

Thanks

Maybe you unzipped the file in the uncorrect way?

The bfdb.sdf file has been extracted in:

"c:\users\<your name>\appdata\roaming\brickficiency"

or in:

"c:\users\<your name>\appdata\roaming\brickficiency\bfdb"

?

I tried the trick above and now have a different problem. Now it has the database all the options which were greyed out are no longer greyed out. However clicking 'from Bricklink wanted list' under the 'import' option gets no response.

Ok, I fixed the database update. My webserver was being a bit overly aggressive with security.

BF should no longer crash on start up (most of the time :wink: )

Edited by mdoupe

Sorry to bother you, but still nothing here. I just get all options greyed out. The only available options are "View Report" and "About" :(

Sorry to bother you, but still nothing here. I just get all options greyed out. The only available options are "View Report" and "About" :(

try deleting c:\users\<you>\appdata\roaming\brickficiency

Ah now I get something diferent, I get the message:

"Preparing Brickficiency for first use..."

But it just stays there.

Thanks for your help.

Downloading the file as per post #306 should fix that, but in my case it still would not let me import my bricklink wanted list.

Ok, I fixed the database update. My webserver was being a bit overly aggressive with security.

BF should no longer crash on start up (most of the time :wink: )

Thanks, that's fixed it for me.

Someone please help me! I have downloaded this program and every time I enter my BL username- password it says "Invalid Username or Password", no mater what I do, I and getting frustrated with this program.

Someone please help me! I have downloaded this program and every time I enter my BL username- password it says "Invalid Username or Password", no mater what I do, I and getting frustrated with this program.

Some passwords with special characters don't work properly. I think @? possibly $?