So I've got my new Cuusoo project up. It's a mix of dieselpunk (think Jon Hall's stuff), steampunk, and classic Adventurers themes.

8884242993_a29923a8a6_c.jpg

I've made sure to include characters that are fairly interesting (with lots of parts that customizers should like)...

8884242993_a29923a8a6_c.jpg

And if you're the type to be more inclined to create vehicles, you're well covered thus far:

8884867838_bdb281fda3_c.jpg

That's for sky-fi fans...

8748672407_e82248b14f_c.jpg

And this bad boy is for the mecha-lovers out there.

If you're interested in supporting, do it now! If not (or even if you're already a rabid fan), comments, criticism, and helpful pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cute? They're supposed to be grizzled adventurers!

In all honesty, though, I did try to make them appealing to both children and AFOLs. Side note: In designing female characters, it's often kind of difficult to make them recognizably female without making them "too female," if you get my drift. Hopefully I accomplished that with these characters.

Well, seeing as I've already commented on this one on Cuusoo, I'll just give some advice: the Illuminati Mech's feet seem rather awkward. The legs might need to be made a little thicker to support it's weight as well.

Yeah, the feet aren't great. It's actually remarkably sturdy; the legs are thin but very well-balanced. In fact, the little expedition hardsuit is probably more tipping-prone than the Illuminati mech.

Great project! :) Nick, I am sending you PMs with ideas periodically and will appreciate some feedback if you are not too busy. I am eager to help.

Cute? They're supposed to be grizzled adventurers!

In all honesty, though, I did try to make them appealing to both children and AFOLs. Side note: In designing female characters, it's often kind of difficult to make them recognizably female without making them "too female," if you get my drift. Hopefully I accomplished that with these characters.

Well too bad, they're cute. :tongue:

The femmes look good, recognizably female without over-doing it. I think some of my curved torsos would help too :grin:

How about something like this for the feet design on the walker?

511us5.jpg

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

I'm excited that you guys did put this up, I thought it was cancelled because it wasn't up the day the teaser images said. I like the little dome top mech!

-Sci

I'm excited that you guys did put this up, I thought it was cancelled because it wasn't up the day the teaser images said.

Yeah, other plans got in the way. It's up now, though; I didn't want to rush things and push out a half-baked idea.

Supported! :classic: Looks great! My only question is are you going to make a figure for the "dark master" of the Illuminati or is he going to be more of the invisible threat type of guy?

Intriguing project, but afaik CUUSOO is meant for stand-alone sets, and this seems a tad too grandiose. There was a thread here about TLG looking for new ideas for action themes – dunno if its still valid, but if so, this could be a cool entry.

Intriguing project, but afaik CUUSOO is meant for stand-alone sets, and this seems a tad too grandiose. There was a thread here about TLG looking for new ideas for action themes – dunno if its still valid, but if so, this could be a cool entry.

It's actually just a large set. Designed like a theme, so if LEGO likes it, it can be expanded, but the main plan is just one set.

Nice project that I'm supporting :thumbup: Hope it will reach 10.000 supporters :wink:

Well, I can only say three things;

- Tesla! :grin:

- It just needs an awesome ride. (airship? automobile? cycle?) :laugh:

- More automaton's. :sweet:

I do have to say, there's no way Edison and Tesla would collaborate, Edison did his best to try to continually discredit Tesla on a regular basis. I think you should go with one or the other, and since the internet at large loves Tesla, he's your guy. He has that 'mad scientist mystique' that goes so well with a theme like this :wink:

I do have to say, there's no way Edison and Tesla would collaborate, Edison did his best to try to continually discredit Tesla on a regular basis. I think you should go with one or the other, and since the internet at large loves Tesla, he's your guy. He has that 'mad scientist mystique' that goes so well with a theme like this :wink:

I'd have to agree with you. He designed a lethal-voltage electric fence-projecting tower whose press nickname was the origin of the term "Death Ray" for crying out loud.

He designed a lethal-voltage electric fence-projecting tower whose press nickname was the origin of the term "Death Ray" for crying out loud.

A nickname coined by the news agency owned and operated by primary Wardenclyffe investor J.P. Morgan. As Morgan was a heavy investor in Edison's work, I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

But the tower wasn't the "Death Ray", it was meant as a means of wireless communication AND wireless ELECTRICITY (a concept we're only now coming around to). The "Death Ray" or Teleforce is something else.

This is Hyperborea- our history is not necessarily identical to that of the fictional world I've cooked up. A big chunk of the backstory is imagining how history would be different if folks like Edison and Tesla collaborated instead of competing.

This is one of the few projects I would support. Oddly enough, all of the projects I have supported have been steampunk related. I didn't realize I liked it that much. I think the characters are nicely designed and varied enough. The walkers look really neat. I think the major thing about some of the steampunk sets, is the printing (or :wacko: stickers) that is needed. I can build some of these sets out of my own pieces (normally), but the finishing touches is the printing to add the extra steamy details.

Good luck to you. I think LEGO could benefit from something steampunky.