BaronSat

Palitoy cardboard Death Star in Lego...

indexed.gif

...or should I call it : "Lego ABS Death Star"??? Anyway here's my last model, more photos to come this week... if flu don't kill me before

DeathStar-01.jpg

And here's another view with Vader and Ben fighting and the big screen in the control room

DeathStar-05.jpg

BTW I don't know if that's interesting but I made a close up of my Vinyl caped leia

Leia-Caped.jpg

Another photo to finish. On this one you can see the Trash compactor wall has moved.

DeathStar-04.jpg

A new picture today, a close up of Darth and Ben

Last-Duel.jpg

A new photo today, a close up of the Death Star gunner

Death-Star-Gunner.jpg

Another close up : the trash compactor

Trash-Compactor.jpg

like that ?

Trash-Monster.jpg

A close up of the Imperials at work

Imperials.jpg

I have a few left photos like this one showing the inner part (just under the gunner turret)

Good-luck.jpg

and this one I have just made

DStar-From-Above.jpg

not a lot of action but good view.

Comments are welcome, but don't be surprised if I'm a bit long in answering "cough, cough" ;-)

BaronSat

Gallery

Nice. *y* Is Leia wearing some sort of dress type thing there? Anyway, good construction. I've got to admire the overall shape as well.

Oh, and get well soon :-)

amazing! maybe a bit to colourful though

*y* :-D *y*

I think that's the idea, being as it is based off an existing toy.

^ what Jonsocal and Asuka said! ;-) I always wanted one of these as a kid. Why can't Lego make a proper Death Star playset of their own?

Nice. *y* Is Leia wearing some sort of dress type thing there? Anyway, good construction. I've got to admire the overall shape as well.

Oh, and get well soon :-)

Yes, she's supposed to be a vintage Leia, so I cut a vinyl white cape for her.

amazing! maybe a bit to colourful though

*y* :-D *y*

I think that's the idea, being as it is based off an existing toy.

Right, for those which were born "too late" to know this toy, see that link

http://www.geocities.com/starwarstrader_nz...lay.html?200722

Very cool! But wasn

I had the original palitoy death star and you have done such a amazing MOC!! 8-

HOW are you such an amazing builder?!? HOW?!?

(FAAAAAR better then i could ever do,just like every pother MOC you made)

Thanks, but should I believe a guy named "the liar" ??? :-D :-D :-D

I had the original palitoy death star and you have done such a amazing MOC!! 8-

Thanks, but should I believe a guy named "the liar" ??? :-D :-D :-D

Thanks and pleased to meet another guy who had this toy. BTW what happened to it?

A very sad and a bit embarrassing story that one. :-$ :-D When i was about 12 i moved on to transformers from star wars. In a moment of complete madness i gave all my star wars figures (about 100) and all my ships and playsets (about 25) away to a friend. *wacko* This is not one of my greatest moments of my life as you can imagine. :-D

A very sad and a bit embarrassing story that one. :-$ :-D When i was about 12 i moved on to transformers from star wars. In a moment of complete madness i gave all my star wars figures (about 100) and all my ships and playsets (about 25) away to a friend. *wacko* This is not one of my greatest moments of my life as you can imagine. :-D

Well maybe your friend became a true SW collector after that... or sold the whole lot on ebay and he's rich now :-D :-D you should look after him >:-)

When I was a teenager my whole SW collection (excepted for 3 figures) was stolen during summer holidays.

So now people who has the saddest story? ;-)

Sweet. Did you use the money from selling Puerto Bricos to finance this beautiful MOC? :-P

No, I used Puerto Brico money to buy beer... a lot of beer, food and presents for my lady.

I shouldn't say that because many people will hate me, but the Death Star only used a very small (ridiculously tiny) portion of my brick collection. But that's because I'm a compulsive guy that buy Lego all the time. Happilly I don't have children to feed otherwise they would be very skinny. >:-) >:-)

Another photo to finish. On this one you can see the Trash compactor wall has moved.

DeathStar-04.jpg

Now it would be cool if you had some kind of swivelling Xmas tree stand....

That's a good idea, I must see if I can do that...

*Eyes rancor on your site*

How much is 150 Euro in USD?

That changes everyday, check an online currency converter like this one http://www.xe.com/ucc/

But if you want to talk about bussiness contact me directly, this forum is not made for that.

A new picture today, a close up of Darth and Ben

Last-Duel.jpg

No, I used Puerto Brico money to buy beer... a lot of beer, food and presents for my lady.

I shouldn't say that because many people will hate me, but the Death Star only used a very small (ridiculously tiny) portion of my brick collection. But that's because I'm a compulsive guy that buy Lego all the time. Happilly I don't have children to feed otherwise they would be very skinny. >:-) >:-)

Beer's good. I love dark beer *sweet* Hope the lady enjoyed her presents

I hope you don't have kids for a while at least. *skull* *skull* *skull*

j/k

Nice MOC *y*

Lots of detail for the size.

I love how the walk way is made in this portion:

DeathStar-05.jpg

Leia's vinyl cap looks really good. Glad you did a close up.

For the contol room officers, would the helmet from the new at-st work better than the ninja ones?

P

It's really nice, a good copy of the original, but only a pity that you used a TIE cockpit for the gun on top, whereas the original is more shaped like an X-Wing cockpit I guess:

deathstar12.jpg

Perhaps with the new Life on Mars sets arriving with orange cockpits his year, you can still change that part.

Otherwise I really like the model :)

Right, for those which were born "too late" to know this toy, see that link

http://www.geocities.com/starwarstrader_nz...lay.html?200722

DAMN. I grew up during that time, and my brother had the tall Kenner Death Star... but for being cardboard, i almost like this one more.

The artists did an EXCELLENT job on it, between placement of images and the images themselves.

The sturdy supports make it all the more cooler.

We also had a cardboard set that was supposedly rare, a Cloud City one, complete with a cardboard chair for Han to be tortured in and a hole for Luke to be frozen in. : p

I bet a SW site out there has the pieces scanned... that'd make a sweet moc along the lines of yours.

Props for giving the Leia minifig her "classic" Kenner look. :'-)

that model has inspired me to make my own but i need help to know how you done it,

firstly, how did you make and connect the walkway?

... only a pity that you used a TIE cockpit for the gun on top, whereas the original is more shaped like an X-Wing cockpit I guess:

Yes on the original toy the cockpit looks definitively like an X-wing, I knew that but I think the Lego x-wing cockpit isn't very interesting alone, the Tie cockpit is much more characteristic. So I decided to be less accurate and chose the part that was the most esthetic in my opinion.

... The artists did an EXCELLENT job on it, between placement of images and the images themselves.

The sturdy supports make it all the more cooler.

We also had a cardboard set that was supposedly rare, a Cloud City one, complete with a cardboard chair for Han to be tortured in and a hole for Luke to be frozen in. : p

I bet a SW site out there has the pieces scanned... that'd make a sweet moc along the lines of yours.

Props for giving the Leia minifig her "classic" Kenner look. :'-)

When I was a kid I hate cardboard toys (like a Western fort I had) because everything was flat but since I learned to appreciate the magic of drawings and the spirit insuflated by the artist. There's many little stories in that toy, it's like a comic becoming a toy.

I know and love the Cloud City playset and as I'm thinking to a Bespin model since I have finished the Death Star, I try to see how I could use it in a larger model ???

that model has inspired me to make my own but i need help to know how you done it,

firstly, how did you make and connect the walkway?

Yes I realised that I didn't shot the model unbuild and it's important because the parts are assembled same way as on the original toy.

A new photo today, a close up of the Death Star gunner

Death-Star-Gunner.jpg