khatmorg

[MOC] Obi-Wan's Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hey peeps,

I finally got my hands on the new Obi-Wan so I thought it was time to show off my Delta-7 MOC!

8735306298_98d1a1bf0e_c.jpg

I bought the mini for the droid but the plaque sure came in handy!

8869835263_0e35487398_c.jpg

Landing gear deployed.

8870448434_c6a3876ef2_c.jpg

Grrr flying is for droids!

8870450214_aa7a0b5011_c.jpg

Obi-Wan climbing in to have a look at Anakin's GPS location.

8869836459_3ea3df85cd_c.jpg

A closer look at the controls and Obi-Wan's uncomfortable looking seat.

8870450676_7675cc98b1_c.jpg

Ambushed by destroyer droids!

There's some more pictures of the Delta-7 located on my Flickr if you're interested. I hope you enjoyed, thanks for looking!

-khatmorg

[Edit]

I've recreated the model in LDD from which you can generate instructions, download it Here.

Incomparably prettier than the original one. It's measured and smooth, the original one wasn't.

This is wonderful! Do you have an instructions or a partslist? I want to build this so much. :laugh:

Thank you! I've attached uploaded the model made in LDD here, you should be able to make instructions and a parts list if you select "Generate HTML building guide" in LDD. Enjoy!

Edited by khatmorg

It is really great! I can see you mastered some good tecniques!

I especially like the back and what you did with the brackets!

Just one small complaint: it looks a bit too long?

Keep up the good work!

Yeah it is too long, the wedge shape is supposed to be more angular but I couldn't create that with the current selection of wedge plates. It's supposed to be about as long as it is now without the nose. I could try a solid wing version but I like my LEGO creations to look like LEGO, studs and all! =P.

Edited by khatmorg

Awesome and very well detailed for a such small scale :thumbup: :thumbup:

people laugh when I say I`m into Lego, but they just don`t get how creative Lego builders can be. This is a fantastic build and proves that "less definitely is more"

I really love this, when I get round to it I'm going to bricklink the parts. Have you considered submitting it to LEGO ideas?

Thank you. Honestly other than sharing your creation with a perhaps greater audience (which isn't LEGO ideas' original intent), I don't think submitting Star Wars MOC's have any chance of getting made into a set seeing as how they conflict with their ongoing license with Disney. They might make their own version, but I doubt it will be ever based on a MOC submitted.

Edited by khatmorg

Hi khatmorg, I want to say thank you for providing the instructions for this. I built it a long time ago and lost the link!

I agree with you, your model is too complex and far too good to be an official set.

This is without a doubt the best JSF I have built.

hey there. I built this about a year ago, it's really great. I have been playing with it for about the last month and can't wait to show some photos once I've got the final parts subs.

Wow this is awesome. You took some great pictures of it too.

EDIT: I just took a look at the LDD file that you uploadded and all I can say is WOW. This moden is phenomenal. I will definitely be building it.

Edited by jhaelego

This is a great build! I like the D-7 Starfighter very much, but was disappointed by the official version. The UCS is nice, but I'd prefer a minifig scale model. Thank you for providing instructions! I was going to bricklink the parts, but after seeing this excellent model, and also this one I decided to try to modify it, so that it has brick build wings. I still like everything else, so kept it and just did some work on the wings. Would it be incredibly rude if I asked you for your opinion, after copying your design? I tried four or five different methods and was barely able to finish one of them, so would really appreciate some help.

How did I miss this earlier... Incredible job. Thank's a ton for the file, I guess I won't resist building this lovely piece. This is probably my favourite starfighter from the whole universe any you nailed it.

Nearly finished my build of Khatmorg's excellent MOC - somehow I managed to miss the two engines of my bricklink order....it's a fun build and looks cracking.

15 hours ago, TyGl200 said:

This is even better than the one that just came out!

I honestly think that it was this MOC that inspired that set. I wish LEGO could have used the cockpit design from this MOC, the official version is much too large and out of proportion.

khatmorg,

I know this is an old thread, but do you think you could try to convert your Delta-7 into the twin-cockpit Delta-12?

Thanks if you do it.

delta_12_double_seater_fighter_by_kavinveldar-d3d6itg.png