Sign in to follow this  
Waler

MAZ 7907 24x24 Russian Missile Launcher 1:19

Hello Eurobricks members!

First I will introduce myself.

My name is Patryk Walerzak and I'm from Poland. I'm 20. I felt in love :wub: and started building Technic bricks about 3 years ago. My "building theme" is mainly Technic.

This is not my first MOC at all but first on this forum. Some time ago DLuders posted two of my creations - Pneumatic Crane Truck and Asphalt Paver. You enjoyed both of it so I decided to register and introduce my lastest creation myself.

It is MAZ 7907, the longest chassis in the world. Truck was designed by Borys L. Shaposhnik and build in 1985 by Minsk Automobile Plant but idea to make that kind of vehicle comes from Russia.

MAZ was designed to carry intercontinental missiles but were never used for this purpose.

The size of truck is impressive. Total length over 28 meters, 4.4 m high and 4.1m wide. Weight about 66 tons, gas turbine 1250 HP engine and full 24 wheels propulsion makes this vehicle one of a kind.

img_9988.jpg_thumb.jpg mzkt-motor.jpg_thumb.jpg imag0905.jpg_thumb.jpg 7907-3_750.jpg_thumb.jpg

I decided to build 7907 in 1:19 scale. After recalculating dimentions of my model are: 1476x248x214 mm. It is powered by 2XL motors with reduction and 4 M motors were used to steering system. There are 116 gearwheels in this truck. All electric is powered by two battery boxes.

Of course as in original, my model has 24x24 and 8 steering axles. Total weight about 5300g. On the Internet you couldn't find much photos of this truck so I tried to make it the best I could looking at few photos.

Below there is a video and gallery.

VIDEO:

GALLERY:

1.jpg_thumb.jpg 2.jpg_thumb.jpg 4.jpg_thumb.jpg 5.jpg_thumb.jpg3.jpg_thumb.jpg 6.jpg_thumb.jpg 7.jpg_thumb.jpg 8.jpg_thumb.jpg 9.jpg_thumb.jpg 10.jpg_thumb.jpg 11.jpg_thumb.jpg 12.jpg_thumb.jpg 13.jpg_thumb.jpg 14.jpg_thumb.jpg 15.jpg_thumb.jpg 16.jpg_thumb.jpg 17.jpg_thumb.jpg 18.jpg_thumb.jpg 19.jpg_thumb.jpg 20.jpg_thumb.jpg 21.jpg_thumb.jpg 22.jpg_thumb.jpg 23.jpg_thumb.jpg 24.jpg_thumb.jpg 25.jpg_thumb.jpg 26.jpg_thumb.jpg 27.jpg_thumb.jpg 28.jpg_thumb.jpg 29.jpg_thumb.jpg 30.jpg_thumb.jpg 31.jpg_thumb.jpg 32.jpg_thumb.jpg 33.jpg_thumb.jpg 34.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0311.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0312.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0313.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0315.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0316.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0319.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0320.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0321.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0324.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0327.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0329.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0330.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0334.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0335.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0336.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0337.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0339.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0340.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0342.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0343.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0344.jpg_thumb.jpg ja1.jpg_thumb.jpg sam_0359.jpg_thumb.jpg

Link to BS gallery: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=503746

For those who want to know more about MAZ 7907 (in english): http://hooniverse.co...2/the-maz-7907/

Link to topic on Polish forum LugPol: http://www.lugpol.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20133

I hope you enjoy my creation :classic:

If you are interested in this vehicle (or even buy it :laugh:) please feel free to contact me: playstation3@vp.pl

Greetings

Waler.

Edited by Waler

@ Waler: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: You sure make some nice BIG creations. Do you work in the construction industry?

@DLuders, maybe in the future, but at this moment not :classic:. I am a student of Warsaw University of Technology at the faculty of Automotive and Construction Machinery Engineering.

I have a BIG Lego rocket to fit that 1:19 Russian Missile Launcher: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/104238 .

1237073468m_SPLASH.jpg

If you are interested in this vehicle (or even buy it :laugh:) please feel free to contact me.

Just out of curiosity, if you are serious about possibly selling your MOC, how much would you ask for it (in Polish Zloties or Euros)? I don't have enough, but you never know what a serious Lego Technic AFOL would buy....

Ha, this rocket should fit nice to this vehicle. I was wondering to made something that could simulate rocket but after building MAZ I am out of bricks.

About selling my creation, hmmm..... Why not? I have seen few times that AFOLS want to sell own creation and even sometimes someone bought it.

But I have to think about for what price I would sell it... Maybe something around 2500$? Is it much?

O M G! That has to be the longest moving technic I have ever seen. Possibly the longest ever made!

Truly awesome work!

A great big size truck!

I am a little bit concerned about the structure supporting two yellow blocks in the rear of the truck.

Looks like the two pieces of combination of black beams suffer stress from total weight of two yellow blocks.

My My, that is one HUGE piece of work *huh*

What I nice looking truck, great work! :thumbup:

One question; what is the function of the two LA 's connected to the cabin?

(Lifting & lowering it perhaps?)

I'm happy that you like my job :thumbup: .

@rocklego:

These boxes in original are coolers. In my creation inside "coolers" I hid battery boxes. The weight of each box with batteries is around 400g and that weight is supported by only two liftarms connected to other with 3 pins. That is the reason why black beams are deflecting. I'm sure that few modifications would solve that problem.

@timslegos:

There are about 4500+ pieces inside MAZ.

@bord4kop:

These LA's don't exist in real truck. The cabin weight 930g and is forward 36 studs form first axle. The pressure is high and front of chassis is bent. Actuators help cabin to stay paralel to the ground. Without LA's, cabin would be lie on the floor.

This is hugely impressive...

If you don't mind, I would like to ask a couple of questions:

What is it's dimensions in 'studs'?

How long did it take you to build it?

The first question is to do with how I build, first work out 1 stud = mm ( in my case; scale 1:17.3, so 1 stud = 138.4 mm) then simply divide every dimension by that number.

Second question, I want to know how fast or slow I am working compared to other 'from real life MOC builders'

So many wheels, and I have never even thought of such a thing. Cool! Anyhow, what I find most impressive is how you managed to make the cabin not sag, given that it is so big. Even though now I read you used a "trick". Smart!

I'm very curious as to what this will look like with the rocket launching section added.

Edit: PS I like what you did with the mirrors.

Also, too bad the steering looks quite simple with only a few angles. Would be cooler if you had more different angles. This is definitely possible, see my Demag AC1000 mobile crane chassis attempt: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ErikLeppen/MOBILE-CRANES/DemagAC1000/lego_ac1000_sturing_.png

Edited by Erik Leppen

@aqaz

Good method but I was doing it in different way. So as everyone knows (or not :wink: ): 1stud = 8mm. My scale is 1:19. For example let's take high dimension: 4100mm. 4100:19 = 215,8mm. 215,8 / 8 = 26,97 studs (so 27). In that calculation my MAZ measures: 184 studs long, 31 wide and 27 high.

From first scratches to final model it took me 1 year. Of course I wasn't building all the time, mainly at the weekend but not every. So it was long time...

@Erik

I'm very curious too :classic: . This truck were never used to transport nuclear missiles. On the internet you can find only load which simulated rocket.

Steering isn't something genius I agree with that. But after tests where every steerable axle turns under different angle I realize that 4th axle move almost nothing. I decided to connect 3rd and 4th axle together. There are still three different angles so I think it isn't so bad :classic:

Waler: Thank you for the answer.... Truly a monster.

I converted all dimensions to studs before I started building anything, makes (for me) building much easier.

@bord4kop:

These LA's don't exist in real truck. The cabin weight 930g and is forward 36 studs form first axle. The pressure is high and front of chassis is bent. Actuators help cabin to stay paralel to the ground. Without LA's, cabin would be lie on the floor.

Maybe you can using truss structure to prevent the front of chassis from bending .

Doing this could need additional parts.

@Zblj, of course it is possible to add suspension but at this moment I don't have that much specific parts to build independent suspension (this type appears in real vehicle and would fit to my creation perfectly).

@rocklego, in front there is a little bit truss structure because without this chassis won't be stable. The whole frame is rigid to such an extent that 4th wheel almost don't touch the ground. So frame bend at all, not only in front.

It certainly is big, but at that scale you could at least put some suspension.

Well at this size there should be some kind of suspension: frame twisting :D

Hi

nice one:

A polish guy posting in the Technic forum = really phat stuff :)

I do not know why but most impressive technic builds i like are from polish MOCers. May most of the are huge plus detailed.

Dino

Edited by Darth Dino