Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #71: A Secret Under Eubric

"Tie them down. We can tell the town watch about them after we leave if they are still there."

Elgar tries to tie them down, but realizes he has nothing to do so with.

8702483077_e0d7774cb6_t.jpg

"Don't look at me, I have didn't bring any rope! Whether or not the town watch gets involved though is your decision."

"You pathetic hypocrite. When did you care about any of that? Wasn't every poor person you mugged defenseless and weak? It's scum like you that ruin the planet."

8873167379_fb3e2c65bf_t.jpg

"Ha! Don't make me laugh. Ulric isn't some foolish, upper class desk boy, he's the one fighting for the unseen, the poor of this city. He's the one fighting for those who the houses of this city turn a blind eye to! There's a difference between those "poor people" who wander about a market with a fat, jingling coin purse and the beggar who they turns a blind eye to. Don't talk to me about ruining the earth when you yourself look after you, and you alone and take what you can for yourself!"

"Who else is down here? What do you want from us anyways? Also, since you bring it up, who is your new leader now?"

"We want Abbot dead, he ratted out a few of our more dangerous members after they robbed from a local arms dealer. To be fair, those weapons were being sold to the town watch, so the hit wasn't random. What my eye patched friend was saying was more than a little extreme. Roughing him up was more or less what we would have done. As for other people, I don't know if I should tell you anything. We're the only Wolfgang members down here, that's for sure. We were sent to check up on an armory since we haven't heard from them lately, but at this rate, we won't make it til tomorrow. Our little conflict has made us more than a little weary. Ulric is, and always will be our leader, no matter what."

Alexandre slaps the woman. "You expect the Houses to take care of you? Are you nuts? They're private organizations, and are not entitled to help you. It's not their fault people are poor, It's just the way life goes. The other house does better than you? You fail. You have to compete. And you call me evil for looking out for myself and taking care of myself. It's called independence. What, you want us all to live in some communal shelter?"

Alexandre slaps the woman. "You expect the Houses to take care of you? Are you nuts? They're private organizations, and are not entitled to help you. It's not their fault people are poor, It's just the way life goes. The other house does better than you? You fail. You have to compete. And you call me evil for looking out for myself and taking care of myself. It's called independence. What, you want us all to live in some communal shelter?"

The Sharpshooter takes the slap, then stares back at Alexandre.

"It seems a leopard can't change it's spots."

"Take her with us. Hopefully she can help. But with noncooperation, we will turn you into the watch. What is your name, anyways?"

"What?!?"

"What?!? Clearly you're joking! We aren't taking her- I mean we could take her with- I mean are you mad? I said no Wolfgang!"

"Shut it, Abbot! I could easily help you through these sewers, but only if you agree to my terms. The other two go free. I go once I'm no longer needed. That and if you rat us out to the watch, you will regret it! If you agree to my terms, I'll get you to where you need to go. No name until you agree to my terms. So, do we have an accord?"

"She could very well lie. we planned to go down here without help anyways, don't give her what she wants."

"She could very well lie. we planned to go down here without help anyways, don't give her what she wants."

"Knowing what you did to my allies, do you think I'd betray you? Not likely!"

"No! You are a danger to the people of Eubric. Your crimes cannot go unpunished"

"And the murder of Donny and Violetta? Did they go unpunished? They were killed in cold blood by a woman who's abusive of her powers. She had the opportunity to abide the rules, and she didn't. What do you say to that, druid? Is that morally right?"

"They aren't necessarily worse than a lot of the houses. I say we let her stay, as long as she keeps her end of the deal. I don't see why she wouldn't, we could easily turn her in."

Abbot tapped his foot impatiently, a look of irritation about him.

"Hmph. Fine. If you insist on taking this girl along with us, I have no qualms with it. I do actually, but I won't express them outright because you lot seem to know what you're doing. If you are in agreement, she may tag along. Are you in all agreement?"

Edited by Kintobor

"And the murder of Donny and Violetta? Did they go unpunished? They were killed in cold blood by a woman who's abusive of her powers. She had the opportunity to abide the rules, and she didn't. What do you say to that, druid? Is that morally right?"

"Donny and Violetta were thieves and murderers. Your friends would of organised a breakout and they would of been free to continue their reign of terror. Until the town watch is cleaned up and there are no more Wolfgang moles it will be impossible to hold any Wolfgang general alive for any period of time.

And Johon, these common criminals have to face justice for their crimes and they want revenge on our boss so we can't trust them not to stab him, and us, in the back."

"I'm sure Donny and Violetta killed people too. But anyways, fine lets take her."

"You can't steal a weapon when you are in front of the victim. She can help us, and you have to think about what really is morally right. How many of the houses do you think are morally right? Even the Town watch is often corrupted."

"She can not be trusted. We know the Wolfgang have a grudge against Abbot and want to kill him and we can't let them escape justice. As for the house I believe they most be reformed as much as the next man. But in the end they do nothing in general. We lack stable government, and I can tell you the Wolfgang is anything but stable. To me our hope lies in the Bonapartes introducing stable government on land as well as sea and then introducing democratic processes. But we must stop the Wolfgang attacking people."

Edited by Jedi master Brick

"I'm certain our friend here will know most of the sewer line off by heart, and the implications if she decides to back stab us Mr. Gligin, so getting to our destination should be a breeze with her in tow. (Much to my detest...) We're looking for a large hole in the sewer wall. It most likely would have opened up during one of the rumblings that were going on down here. You hear anything of this, Miss..."

"Arryana, the name's Arryana."

"What is justice? Killing someone because they steal from the rich, who are mostly scammers? Look at the Shadeux, they started a war for their gain."

"What is justice? Killing someone because they steal from the rich, who are mostly scammers? Look at the Shadeux, they started a war for their gain."

"I do not support the merchant families and what they have got through unethical methods but stealing money that was earned unethically does not make it any better. Our hope lies in the next generation of the houses. Also I would not want these Wolfgang members to be killed, they are not important enough to warrant the Wolfgang putting in effort to free them from jail. But I do not want them to be free to roam the streets."

"Boys, enough! If history has anything to teach, it's that there is strength in unity! Look at the Orcish Invasion! The people of Baltarok banded together as one to overcome their odds, and almost succeeded in taking over most of the known world! If they could get over some differences, I'm certain we can as well. I may not like our new acquaintances company, but I deal with it anyways for a bigger goal. If you lot are ready, Arryana will lead the way. I feel we may still have some obstacles to overcome."

Abbot brushed himself off. It was clear the argument was bothering him.

Edited by Kintobor

Abbot nods in agreement.

"We're all set? Wonderful! Come then, Arryana, lead the way."

He smacks her on the arm with his cane. She grumbles.

The other two Wolfgang members begin to stir. Daniel, the Assassin, wakes up first.

8873167201_c7445ce650_t.jpg

"My god do I feel sore... Arryana, what the hell's going on?"

"Change of plans. Abbot's not worth the trouble he's willing to pay for these guys he's got with him. I'm going to get them to where they need to go, then we're checking on the armory."

"That so? I swear, one hair comes off her head, the trio of you and Abbot will enjoy swimming with the sewage."

"Well when you put it like that..."

"Alright, enough. Ensure Garfield comes to, Daniel. If I'm not back within the next few hours, you know what to do."

Daniel grins, brandishing his shiny, shiny teeth.

"But of course!"

"Alright you lot, follow me, I know the way."

Arryana leads the party back to where they first entered the sewers, the light from above the manhole streaming in and illuminating the dank sewers.

"Now then, this hole in the wall the professor's talking about is in a rather secluded area of the sewers. There's only one way to access it, and to do so, you go straight from here (2 studs), then left (3 studs), straight (1 stud), then take the only turn, which is right (2 studs). From there, go straight, (4 studs) and you'll be in the area we Wolfgang call "The Secluded Grove". The air around that place is different, almost as if somethings in the air. The structure work also reeks of old school masonry, not this new stuff you see about you. It's nearly pitch black in there, and there's some weird flora growing in there. Perfect place to hide from the Watch if you ask me. A whole section caved in, what with all the rumbling going on down here. It's not the safest place to be in the sewers, but it's better than being out in the open."

Abbot intensely writes every minute detail of Arryana's directions down in his journal.

"Secluded Grove... strange flora... potentially unstable architecture... sounds like an adventure! If you lot are ready, we'll head out for this "Secluded Grove" immediately! "

OOC: Here's some music for the underground area if you want some. It's a thirty minute version, so if you want a shorter version, let me know and I'll post it. Link

The quest is finally picking up speed!

Edited by Kintobor

OOC: Since you all didn't use consumables last time, I'm going to move this along.

"Right you are, Johon, lead the way Arryana."

"You technically know where you're going, so why don't you lead?"

"Because I don't want you behind me. You may be with us, but trust is a hard thing to earn, especially with the organization you affiliate yourself with, Arryana."

Arryana simply grumbles as she leads the party through the dark sewers, Johon's torch lighting the way. After a while of wandering the sewers, and in the straightaway Arryana said led to the Secluded Groves entrance, Arryana stops in her tracks.

"Someone's up ahead. Lights out, and stay close."

The party, Arryana, and Abbot slowly make their way forward, Abbot getting more and more nervous with every passing moment, his knees wobbling and himself finding shortness of breath. The voices become more clear as the group finally get close enough to see who the mysterious figures ahead were.

8703602814_c16005b479_o.jpg

Three women, mainly dressed in black slink about the other side of the sewer tunnel, the water much less stagnant and stale separating the two parties. The group can hear the trio of black clad women bicker among each other.

8703602888_e3cdff87df_t.jpg

"I swear Irene, if you continue to drag your feet-"

8703602906_c078b1edd7_t.jpg

"I know Maude, I'm not four."

8703602380_3f3f436678_t.jpg

"Pfft, it doesn't matter what you tell her sis, I think she'll never learn anything."

8703602888_e3cdff87df_t.jpg

"Agreed. I Still can't believe you're one of us. Me and your sister: beautiful women with a solid career path. You: not so much."

8703602906_c078b1edd7_t.jpg

"Will you just leave me alone?"

8703602380_3f3f436678_t.jpg

"Not until you realize how much of a screw up you are."

The three sister continue to banter away as they march down the sewer tunnel. Abbot can be heard in the back, trying to remain calm. What will the party do?

Edited by Kintobor