Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #71: A Secret Under Eubric

8702483077_e0d7774cb6_t.jpg

"You're leaving us? Why? There's the off chance that they come right! It'll take you two at least one round of combat to return to us if they do so! Are you sure about this?"

"I think two of us should guard Abbot. One should go explore, there's a less of a chance of being discovered that way."

"Good idea, I think you should go. You are the most roguish and have the best tracking and survival abilities. I'm better at defense. Besides, as a BK, I think I should stay with the healer."

"It is too risky to leave Abbot with only one of us. I also have the feeling the the Wolfgang are behind us. I would prefer it if we stick together but If one of us must scout ahead I would prefer to leave Abbot with the protection of at least 2 heroes."

OOC: Bricksandpants, are you going alone then? I just want to make sure before I figure out what happens next.

black_knight.jpg Alexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 21 1/3 Black Knight, 20 year old elf male *Immune to Stunned*

Power: 31

Defense: 14

Health: 39/39

Gold: 5

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 10 ;ignores SP, +1 gold per successful strike), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10), Dapper Hat (Headwear, wearer has a 1/6 chance of becoming encouraged at the start of each battle), Black Knight Armor (SP:4, protects from Stunned effect.)

Inventory: Potions (6), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Feather Duster of DOOM (WP: 1) Deadly Venom x2, Tome of The Regret, Volatile Venom x5, Mead, Nostrum 2x, Smelling Salts x2, Grand Potion

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts) 25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider *Party Leader*

Level: 23,2/3

Power: 31 (23+8+4)

Health: 40/40 (23+8+1+7+0)

Shield Power: (5+1)

Ether: ~/0

Positive effects: *Immune to:* (*Fragile*, *Cursed* *Stunned* ), *Natural Respite*

Negative effects: (none)

Gold: 1726 (1726(1), 0GB(50), 0CB(50), 0GO(80), 0CC(70), 0GC(100), 0M)

Equipment:

Weapon - Sword of Decay (WP:8) - (once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians.)

Shield - None

Artefact 1 (L1-9) - Heavy Armour - SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians and knights

Artefact 2 (L10-19) - Bravado Boots - 1/6 chance of being Lucky at the beginning of every battle

Artefact 3 (L20-29) - Sticky Gloves - Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors. Artefact 4 (L30-39) -

Artefact 5 (L40-49) -

Artefact 6 (L50+) -

Extra Artefacts: Helmet (+1 max health), Blessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect. Dog Statuette - (suitable for anyone, SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.), Hide of The Bleeding - restores 10 HP and 5 ether for every enemy the wearer kills, suitable for anyone,[/font] Scarlet Hood - +4 to power, immunity to stunned

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages), Gladius(WP: 15, Darkness elemental, 1/3 chance of Fragile on succesful hits)

Tools: Shovel (1), Pick-axe (2), Magnifying Glass (1), Magic Compass (1)

Consumables: Potion (4), Venom (2), Remedy (1), Mead (6), Smelling Salts (12), Nostrum (12), Trial Brew (1),

Elements: Aquamarine (1), Emerald (1), Topaz (1)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (1), Scroll of Confusion (1)

Quest items: Blue Rose

rsz_1elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin (played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 22.66 Druid*Immune to Fragile!*

Power: 32

Defense: 6

Health: 35/35

Ether: 21/21

Gold: 26

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11 Permanently Deadly envenomed), Chainmail (SP: 2, Bodywear: half damage from Fire elemental enemies and double from Electric elemental enemies) Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald Sapphire, Topaz, Opal, Aquamarine, Venom x4, Spade, Pickaxe, 3 Potions, Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory, Changes user's appearance into an Elf), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion x2, Fireworks, Remedy, Dualis Scepters (WP: 8, Club/Staff, Dual-striking), mead, Hide of The Regret (halves damage from undead; suitable for anyone, backwear), Grand tonic (x5)

Johon decides to scout ahead as Alexandre and Elgar keep an eye on Abbot.

"I hope you lot know what you're doing..."

As Johon's lantern light disappearsgoing left, another light appears from the right.

8873167287_8e0599c30e_t.jpg

"Look, I know where I'm going!"

8873167201_c7445ce650_t.jpg

"I think your full of it! We're going in the exact opposite direction of the Hovels!"

8873167379_fb3e2c65bf_t.jpg

"Guys, will you shut up! The last thing that needs to happen to us is we get caught by the Town Watch or-"

"Abbot! Well, well, well! Look who's out and about this afternoon with! And you brought body guards too! Come down to visit your friends, rat!"

Abbot begins to shake violently again, stuttering over most of his words.

"W-w-well if you must k-k-know I'm o-o-"

8873167201_c7445ce650_t.jpg

"We don't care why you're down here, you old fart, all we care about is-"

"I'll have y-you know I'm not an old fart! I'm 32!"

"Enough of this!"

The torch bearing Wolfgang thug brandishes his short sword and grins, the flames from his torch giving him a devilish appearance.

"Ulric will reward us handsomely for your hide, Watt!"

8873167379_fb3e2c65bf_t.jpg

"Wait, we're actually skinning him?"

"Eep!"

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

8873167287_8e0599c30e_t.jpg"Vive la Wolfgang!"

Wolfgang Torchbearer

Level 30 Human

SP: 2

Health:310/310

Special: Burning Passion- The Torchbearer lights the hero on fire, dealing 15 fire damage each round until remedied, or if the hero jumps into the sewer water. Doing so has a 1/3 chance of poisoning the hero in the process.

Drops: 10 gold

8873167201_c7445ce650_t.jpg"Nothing personnal, mate."

Wolfgang Assassin

Level 32 Human

SP:3

Health: 320/320

Special: Loose Change- The Assassin deals 32 damage and steals 10 gold from the target.

Drops: Grand Potion

8873167379_fb3e2c65bf_t.jpg"Why are we skinning him?"

Wolfgang Sharpshooter

Level 28 Human

Health:270/270

Special: Something Awful- The Sharpshooter takes note of the crud the hero has stepped in, causing them to be stunned for a round as they clean it off.

Passive Special: All non-ranged damage dealt to the Wolfgang Sharpshooter is halved. All damage done by the Wolfgang Sharpshooter to heroes in the back row is not halved.

Drops: 5 gold

The Party:

Level 21 1/3 Black Knight, 20 year old elf male*Immune to Stunned*

Health: 39/39

Gold: 5

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 10 ;ignores SP, +1 gold per successful strike), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10), Dapper Hat (Headwear, wearer has a 1/6 chance of becoming encouraged at the start of each battle), Black Knight Armor (SP:4, protects from Stunned effect.)

Inventory: Potions (6), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Feather Duster of DOOM (WP: 1) Deadly Venom x2, Tome of The Regret, Volatile Venom x5, Mead, Nostrum 2x, Smelling Salts x2, Grand Potion

rsz_1elgar.jpg

Level 22.66 Druid *Immune to Fragile!*

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11 Permanently Deadly envenomed), Chainmail (SP: 2, Bodywear: half damage from Fire elemental enemies and double from Electric elemental enemies) Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald, Sapphire, Topaz,,Opal, Aquamarine Venom x4, Spade, Pickaxe, 3 Potions, Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory, Changes user's appearance into an Elf), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion x2, Fireworks, Remedy, Dualis Scepters (WP: 8, Club/Staff, Dual-striking), mead, Hide of The Regret (halves damage from undead; suitable for anyone, backwear), Grand tonic (x5)

Until Johan returns, Elgar is Party Leader. Party Leader, determine battle order. Everyone else, choose a target!

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts) 25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider

Positive effects: *Immune to:* (*Fragile*, *Cursed* *Stunned* ), *Natural Respite*

Equipment:

Weapon - Sword of Decay (WP:8) - (once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians.)

Shield - None

Artefact 1 (L1-9) - Heavy Armour - SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians and knights

Artefact 2 (L10-19) - Bravado Boots - 1/6 chance of being Lucky at the beginning of every battle

Artefact 3 (L20-29) - Sticky Gloves - Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors.[

Artefact 4 (L30-39) -

Artefact 5 (L40-49) -

Artefact 6 (L50+) -

Extra Artefacts: Helmet (+1 max health), Blessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect. Dog Statuette - (suitable for anyone, SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.), Hide of The Bleeding - restores 10 HP and 5 ether for every enemy the wearer kills, suitable for anyone, Scarlet Hood - +4 to power, immunity to stunned

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages), Gladius (WP: 15, Darkness elemental, 1/3 chance of Fragile on succesful hits)

Consumables: Potion (4), Venom (2), Remedy (1), Mead (6), Smelling Salts (12), Nostrum (12), Trial Brew (1),

Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (1), Scroll of Confusion (1)

Johan moves down the left tunnel quietly. (4 studs) As he makes it to a right turn, he can hear the party engaging in battle. Will he turn right, or head back to his fellow quest mates?

Edited by Kintobor

Alexandre attacks the Wolfgang Assassin from the backrow with his Elf Sword.

"Ha, he can't even steal 10 gold from me if he tried. Maybe I'll steal his grand potion too."

EDIT: Don't forget my 1/6 chance to be encouraged at the start of the battle.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

ROUND 1 OF THE WOLFGANG BRAWL!

Alexandre's Dapper Hat: Unsuccessful

>Alexandre vs. Assassin: Special Dodge (Unsuccessful) (32/2-14=2 Damage. 5 gold stolen)

>Elgar vs. Sharpshooter: Aim (11 Damage. Deadly Venom)

Torchbearer- Free Hit Alexandre: (30/2-14=1 Damage)

Sharpshooter- 10 damage

Johon joins combat

With Johon absent, Alexandre and Elgar prepare to ward off the Wolfgang thugs. Alexandre swipes at the Assassin with his Elvish blade, only to have him strike his arm and rob him of his money! The Assassin is less than thrilled to have 5 gold coins in his hands than the usual amount he's capable of. Elgar fires his crossbow at the sharpshooter, nicking her in the arm and poisoning her. The Torchbearer jabs at Alexandre, dealing minimal damage. Johon rushes in, ready for the fight!

"This is getting us nowhere! Get rid of these thugs!"

8873167287_8e0599c30e_t.jpg"Die, scum!"

Wolfgang Torchbearer

Level 30 Human

Health:310/310

Special: Burning Passion- The Torchbearer lights the hero on fire, dealing 15 fire damage each round until remedied, or if the hero jumps into the sewer water. Doing so has a 1/3 chance of poisoning the hero in the process.

8873167201_c7445ce650_t.jpg"You're one heck of a cheapskate!"

Wolfgang Assassin

Level 32 Human

Health: 320/320

Special: Loose Change- The Assassin deals 32 damage and steals 10 gold from the target.

8873167379_fb3e2c65bf_t.jpg"Why do I feel so... dizzy?"

Wolfgang Sharpshooter *Deadly Poisoned*

Level 28 Human

Health:249/270

Special: Something Awful- The Sharpshooter takes note of the crud the hero has stepped in, causing them to be stunnedfor a round as they clean it off.

Passive Special: All non-ranged damage dealt to the Wolfgang Sharpshooter is halved. All damage done by the Wolfgang Sharpshooter to heroes in the back row is not halved.

The Party

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts) 25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider *Encouraged, hastened, lucky*

Equipment:

Shield - None

Artefact 3 (L20-29) - Sticky Gloves - Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors.[

Artefact 4 (L30-39) -

Artefact 5 (L40-49) -

Artefact 6 (L50+) -

Extra Artefacts: Helmet (+1 max health), Blessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect. Dog Statuette - (suitable for anyone, SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.), Hide of The Bleeding - restores 10 HP and 5 ether for every enemy the wearer kills, suitable for anyone, Scarlet Hood - +4 to power, immunity to stunned

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages),Gladius (WP: 15, Darkness elemental, 1/3 chance of Fragile on succesful hits)

Health: 36/39

Gold: 0

rsz_1elgar.jpg

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald, Sapphire, Topaz,,Opal, Aquamarine Venom x4, Spade, Pickaxe, 3 Potions, Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory, Changes user's appearance into an Elf), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion x2, Fireworks, Remedy, Dualis Scepters (WP: 8, Club/Staff, Dual-striking), mead, Hide of The Regret (halves damage from undead; suitable for anyone, backwear), Grand tonic (x5)

Party Leader, determine battle order. Everyone else, choose a target!

Battle order:

Johon

Elgar

Alexandre

Johon

Turn 1: Johon attacks Assassin from front row

Turn 2: if he did not take damage: repeats

Turn 2: if he did take damage: he is healed by Elgar, then attacks Torch Bearer from front row.

"Ok, Elgar? Alexandre, attack the Ranger, after this you will focus on the melee fighters."

Edited by Bricksandparts

Alexandre attacks the sharpshooter, front row.

"I'm a cheapskate? Says the wolfgang thug. Get a life."

ROUND 2 OF THE WOLFGANG BRAWL!

Johon vs. Assassin- Hit Special Damage (8+23x2=62 *Decaying*)

Elgar vs. Torchbearer- Aim (11-2= 9 Damage. *Badly Poisoned*)

Alexandre vs. Sharpshooter- Critical Hit (10x2=20+21=41+3=44/2=22 Damage +1 Gold)

Johon vs. Assassin- Hit Extra Critical Hit (8x3+23x2=94 Damage)

Torchbearer: -10 health

Sharpshooter:-10 health

Johon gets into the fight and begins to duke out with the Assassin. Elgar manages to deal decent damage to the Torchbearer, as well as poison him. Alexandre lands a critical hit on the Sharpshooter, hindered only due to the fact that the sneaky Sharpshooter was battling in the back row. Johon using all his might slashes the Assassin across the face with his Sword of Decay. The Assassin gives him a death stare and gets right back into the fight! Abbot pokes his body around the corner he's hiding from.

"Just keep it up lads! I'll just stay behind this corner where it's nice and-"

The Sharpshooter fires an arrow, just missing him! He gives a shrill but short shriek and then goes back into hiding! The battle continues!

8873167287_8e0599c30e_t.jpg"I'm not going down now!!"

Wolfgang Torchbearer *Deadly Poisoned*

Level 30 Human

Health:291/310

8873167201_c7445ce650_t.jpg"Come at me you filthy raider scum!"

Wolfgang Assassin *Decaying*

Level 32 24 Human

Health: 164/320

8873167379_fb3e2c65bf_t.jpg"Poke your little head out again, Abbot, I dare you!"

Wolfgang Sharpshooter *Deadly Poisoned*

Level 28 Human

Health:217/270

Special: Something Awful- The Sharpshooter takes note of the crud the hero has stepped in, causing them to be stunned for a round as they clean it off.

The Party

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts) 25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider *Encouraged, hastened,lucky*

Equipment:

Shield - None

Artefact 4 (L30-39) -

Artefact 5 (L40-49) -

Artefact 6 (L50+) -

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages),Gladius (WP: 15, Darkness elemental, 1/3 chance of Fragile on succesful hits)

Health: 36/39

Gold: 1

rsz_1elgar.jpg

Party Leader, determine battle order. Everyone else, choose a target!

Edited by Kintobor

Elgar attacks the assassin from the back row unless someone is injured, in which case he will heal the person with the lowest health

OOC: The torch bearer should be Deadly Poisoned.

Repeat, but Alexandre and Elgar switch targets.

"This shouldn't take too long, don't worry Abbot."

"It's ok Elgar, I can handle this scumbag. IF we need it, later you can poison him though."

"If you think it will be quicker that way"

Elgar attacks the sharpshooter from the back row unless someone is injured, in which case he will heal the person with the lowest health

OOC: What does the Deadly Poison do? I assumed the weapon dealt Badly Poisoned since Deadly Venom is the item used to deal Badly Poisoned.

OOC: What does the Deadly Poison do? I assumed the weapon dealt Badly Poisoned since Deadly Venom is the item used to deal Badly Poisoned.

OOC: It is the same thing. I am just pointing out that you haven't put it in the Torchbearer's stats. Sorry for nit picking :blush: .