Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #71: A Secret Under Eubric

Alexandre grins... "Ahhh.... what lovely ladies, oui?" Alexandre whispers. "Shall we chat with them?" :innocent2:

"Elgar this is probably a bad time to ask, but would I be able to purchase that mask off of you? I want to try something, I also think the mask would be useful in the future. I'll pay you 100 gold for it."

Johon then goes on with his plan.

"Elgar, use your aquamarine to try and make a disturbance in the water to try and get it to wave back and forth to try and distract them. I'll use the mask as a disguise to try and get their trust. If I don't, we will fight, you will win to gain their trust. Then you'll ask if they've seen someone that looks like me, and I'll meet back up with you a few minutes later."

Abbot leans in with a hushed voice.

8702483077_e0d7774cb6_t.jpg

"Buying and selling at a time like this, especially a mask? I swear, you heroes just get more odd by the minute... Mr. Gligin, I will say that the mask is of excellent craftsmanship. May I inquire as to where you got it?"

"Johon, shall I talk to them? My chivalrous diplomatic skills would surely win their cooperation. I could just ask what they're doing, who they are, that kind of stuff." Alexandre says to Johon.

"Johon, slight issue, I gave up my magic powers when I became a druid. I will sell you the mask later at a better time but right now may be a good time to prepare for battle but we should let Alexandre talk to them first.'

Alexandre smiles at his task, then strolls up behind the women. "Bonjour, ladies. What are you doing down here in the sewers?" Alexandre turns to Irene. "I heard your name is Irene? What is such a pretty girl doing down here?" Alexandre had to indulge himself, but then remembers what he's supposed to be doing. He gets ready to use intimidation if things start to get ugly.

Alexandre smiles at his task, then strolls up behind the women. "Bonjour, ladies. What are you doing down here in the sewers?" Alexandre turns to Irene. "I heard your name is Irene? What is such a pretty girl doing down here?" Alexandre had to indulge himself, but then remembers what he's supposed to be doing. He gets ready to use intimidation if things start to get ugly.

The girls whip around to see the Black Knight standing behind them.

8703602906_c078b1edd7_t.jpg

"Oh, a ladies man, what luck."

8703602888_e3cdff87df_t.jpg

"Can it Irene, you're out of your element!"

She straightens her clothes and cape as she moves to the front, followed by her other sister who is much larger in size.

8703602380_3f3f436678_t.jpg

"Don't mind Irene, she's still a teenager."

"My name is Maude, and this is-"

"Helga, the pleasure's all mine good sir."

The two sister look behind them, annoyed.

"And the runt back there's Irene."

"I'm not a runt!!"

"Keep telling yourself that kid..."

"And we are the Great and Powerful Shadow Sisters! Now then, what we're doing down here isn't important, at least not to you. The question is what are you doing in a crummy, shabby, disgusting, overgrown, filth ridden place like this?"

"If you're out for a scenic stroll, forget it. We've heard it more than once, knight."

The two sisters look impatiently at Alexandre, both looking incredibly irritated. Irene taps her staff on the ground behind them, looking bored.

"I'm Alexandre, le Chevalier. As for what I'm doing down here, I could very well say it doesn't matter. You didn't tell me what you were doing. So, just chatting would be a fair trade right? You tell me, I tell you. Sound like a deal?" Alexandre starts to use his intimidation.

The reactions among the sisters varies. Irene takes note of Alexandre's changing demeanor and takes a step back.

"Maude, there's no reason not to tell him why we're down here. Just tell him!"

Maude and Helga however aren't impressed by Alexandre's change in attitude. Maude whips her wand out and points it Alexandre's chest.

"Now you listen here, buster! You aren't the first "I'm doing nothing down here" we've come across! I'm going to ask the question again before I blast a hole in your chest: why are you down here?"

"Pipe up their errant knight! Come on, cat got your tongue!"

The two sisters seem to be out intimidating Alexandre, as Irene watches nervously from behind them. Arryana turns to the party on the other side of the sewer tunnel, hidden in darkness.

8873167379_fb3e2c65bf_t.jpg

"They definitely aren't Wolfgang, that's for sure."

"Mr. le Chevalier seems to be in quite a large amount of trouble. Any suggestions?"

Maude groans. She rolls her eyes, and gives Alexandre a look of disgust.

"Cocky son of a... Fine, then, if that's how you wish to play, so be it. We're simply abiding with what our ancestor's did starting hundreds of years ago. Would you like to continue this charade, or turn around and perhaps leave in one piece?"

Alexandre indicates with a gesture behind his back for the party to come to his aide.

Johon, motioning the rest to follow, sneaks up to the scene.

"What's going on? Who are these ladies, Alex? We thought you were behind us..." Johon says, acting it out as he goes.

"What's going on? Who are these ladies, Alex? We thought you were behind us..." Johon says, acting it out as he goes.

"I'm trying to figure that out. Nope, I was in front the whole time, and I saw these ladies, and I just couldn't resist." Alexandre plays along, and now hopes his Intimidation would work with more numbers.

As Maude and Helga interrogate Alexandre, they don't realize the rest of the party approach. Irene's the first to notice the group approach from the shadows.

"Um, guys, we got company."

Helga pulls her wand out of her coat, as Maude turns her attention to the approaching party.

"You never said you had company with you, Alex. So then, perhaps your friends can be more negotiable. Why are you lot down here?"

Maude seems to be getting a bit nervous with the arrival of the new heroes, the professor and the Wolfgang Sharpshooter.

"And enough of the sweet talk, boy!"

"Whoa, whoa. We're just working for our employer, who wanted us to try and find out what's going on down here. There's been some disappearances near the entrances to these sewers for maintenance. You wouldn't have happened to see anything, would you? Don't mind Alex, he tries hitting on the ladies." Johon extends his hand to shake. "My name is John, this (Elgar) is Elgan, but he goes by El', the we think this Wolfgang is causing the problems, but we aren't sure if she is, or isn't, or if the operation is on a larger scale. So, what are you 3 doing down here?"

Helga crosses her arms, an inquisitive look on her face.

"Is that so? Then who's the fancy looking chap then? And the other lady in your group?"

Maude continues to hold Alexandre at wand point.

"Oh, I forgot about the inspector, but I told you that she is a wolfgang member, but we don't know if she has to do with the issues. But yeah, he wanted to travel with us to try and find the problem."

Abbot cues in to what the parties doing.

"Why, yes, of course! I'm an inspector! Inspector Chelmey! This woman apparently knows where she's going, isn't that right Arryana!"

8873167379_fb3e2c65bf_t.jpg

"Sure. Just showing them about the sewers. Trying to catch some out of control Wolfgang thugs."

"Sure, whatever, you may be investigating disappearances, but by no means do you have any reason to check back here. Besides, I wouldn't want any of you to get hurt in such a manner that would obstruct your investigation, what with the state this section of the sewers and all. There's nothing to see back here, so scram!"

The Shadow Sisters obviously didn't want the party in this section of the sewers.

Edited by Kintobor

"We have searched the rest of the sewers, so you can let us past, or we will have to report this to the town watch, assuming you or someone in that section of the sewers is causing the problems."

"Oh, also. You said you were doing some family tradition or something? Is that why you can't let us be here? Maybe if you told us more, we could be more respectful about this part of the sewers."

Don't mind Alex, he tries hitting on the ladies

"It was worth a try. You never know." :hmpf_bad: