Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #71: A Secret Under Eubric

8702483077_e0d7774cb6_t.jpg

"Of course! I forgot to mention, you may be wondering why a party wasn't chosen. I had to rush out of my house quickly and didn't have time to think it through, so I was considering Johon as party leader. Now then, once we're ready, we'll head into the sewers."

black_knight.jpg Alexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 21 1/3 Black Knight, 20 year old elf male *Immune to Stunned*

Power: 31

Defense: 14

Health: 39/39

Gold: 5

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 10 ;ignores SP, +1 gold per successful strike), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10), , Dapper Hat (Headwear, wearer has a 1/6 chance of becoming encouraged at the start of each battle), Black Knight Armor (SP:4, protects from Stunned effect.)

Inventory: Potions (6), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Feather Duster of DOOM (WP: 1) Deadly Venom x2, Tome of The Regret, Volatile Venom x5, Mead, Nostrum 2x, Smelling Salts x2, Grand Potion

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts) 25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider *Party Leader*

Level: 23,2/3

Power: 31 (23+8+4)

Health: 40/40 (23+8+1+7+0)

Shield Power: (5+1)

Ether: ~/0

Positive effects: *Immune to:* (*Fragile*, *Cursed* *Stunned* ), *Natural Respite*

Negative effects: (none)

Gold: 1726 (1726(1), 0GB(50), 0CB(50), 0GO(80), 0CC(70), 0GC(100), 0M)

Equipment:

Weapon - Sword of Decay (WP:8) - (once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians.)

Shield - None

Artefact 1 (L1-9) - Heavy Armour - SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians and knights

Artefact 2 (L10-19) - Bravado Boots - 1/6 chance of being Lucky at the beginning of every battle

Artefact 3 (L20-29) - Sticky Gloves - Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors.

Artefact 4 (L30-39) -

Artefact 5 (L40-49) -

Artefact 6 (L50+) -

Extra Artefacts: Helmet (+1 max health), Blessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect. Dog Statuette - (suitable for anyone, SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.), Hide of The Bleeding - restores 10 HP and 5 ether for every enemy the wearer kills, suitable for anyone, Scarlet Hood - +4 to power, immunity to stunned

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages), Gladius(WP: 15, Darkness elemental, 1/3 chance of Fragile on succesful hits)

Tools: Shovel (1), Pick-axe (2), Magnifying Glass (1), Magic Compass (1)

Consumables: Potion (4), Venom (2), Remedy (1), Mead (6), Smelling Salts (12), Nostrum (12), Trial Brew (1),

Elements: Aquamarine (1), Emerald (1), Topaz (1)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (1), Scroll of Confusion (1)

Quest items: Blue Rose

rsz_1elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin (played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 22.66 Druid *Immune to Fragile!*

Power: 32

Defense: 6

Health: 35/35

Ether: 21/21

Gold: 26

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11 Permanently Deadly envenomed), Chainmail (SP: 2, Bodywear: half damage from Fire elemental enemies and double from Electric elemental enemies) Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald, Sapphire, Topaz, Opal, Aquamarine Venom x4, Spade, Pickaxe, 3 Potions, Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory, Changes user's appearance into an Elf), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion x2, Fireworks, Remedy, Dualis Scepters (WP: 8, Club/Staff, Dual-striking), mead, Hide of The Regret (halves damage from undead; suitable for anyone, backwear), Grand tonic (x5)

Edited by Kintobor

OoC: I'm quite busy currently, so I'll let capt and Jedi to decide PL decisions while I am busy. I should be able to be active again in a few days, just a lot of work and helping my son study for exams.

"Thank you for the honor. I will do my best as the leader of this group. Shall we start?"

"If you lot are prepared, then let us begin our descent into the sewers!"

Abbot walks over to the manhole and produces a dull key from his pocket. After getting the lock off, he motions for the party to assist to assist him in lifting the manhole cover off. Together, they lift the cover up and lean it against the building. Abbot goes over to one of the chest and pulls out a lantern which he lights with a match. He hands it to Johon. The party and Abbot then make their way into the sewers.

8702482887_be72eb99ff.jpg

"Hmm. Those wooden planks suggest that the area's being used for travel. We're probably not alone down here..."

Suddenly the party can hear faint voices in the distance. The party can't pin point where they are coming from though.

"I thought you knew the short cut to the armory!"

"Hey, it's not my fault we're lost! Lizzie, keep up will you!"

"Look, I'm trying and all but I'm afraid I'll step in something awful!"

"Blast. I was hoping we'd get through this uninterrupted by an potential threats, but that seems unlikely now. We can head left, right, straight, or behind us. I should note that the Town Watch has been cracking down on sewer travel after incidents involving the Wolfgang. Due to the grates they've put up, we may run into a dead end. For now though, lets try and avoid whoever is down here. Which way shall we go?"

Johon makes sure while they travel, he records the distances between each intersection or turn.

"Would have been helpful to get a map of the sewers, come to think of it. Does anyone know what those doors lead to?" Johon whispers.

Johon tries listening to the voices and decide where they are coming from.

"Go back, go back. I think we should hide and avoid these voices as long as possible. We can't get attacked if they don't know we're here," Alexandre whispers. "Maybe we could make a U-turn after the voices pass."

" We can't tell if the voices are coming from behind us, although it is the best idea we have got. We could ambush them when they go past or we could just continue to hide."

"That's true. Although I doubt they are behind us. They probably come from ahead behind those doors. Maybe they muffle the sound of them so we can't hear them as much." Alexandre keeps his voice down.

The party investigates the "door", only to find that it's a passageway that has been boarded up.

"There's no point in taking down the wood. I'd suspect the city has boarded it up as a precaution to avoid the Wolfgang from using it as an entrance to the upper streets. A few of the older buildings in the city had entrances into the sewers incase of another Orc invasion, people were that paranoid. Just boldly state where you three would like to go, and let's move away from these voices!"

Edited by Kintobor

Allow me to explain, since I may not have been clear. Party Leader has final say as to where the group goes, but since Bricksandpants is busy, as long as you both are in agreement, I'll move you along when I can. :laugh: I have a life too!

The party quickly retreats behind them, making their way through the narrow sewer line. After a brief walk, the party stops as the path turns right. The voices seem to have disappeared.

"Well then. That was close... I'm certainly their still slinking around here, so lets keep a low voice."

Right or back?

"Right?" Alexandre whispers. "We could make that U-turn we talked about. The voices should be gone by the time we get back."

You guys moved three studs down, and you're moving six studs right.

The party moves right, and down a rather long passage. The path leads left or right. The voices from before can be heard in the distance. Once again, the party can't tell where they're coming from.

"Can't believe they did Violetta, Donny and Steerpike in."

"I hope Patricia gets what's coming to her..."

Abbot begins to shake violently, and begins to have trouble breathing.

"Argh. Shall we go back to the beginning? They have got to be gone by then. If we fight them, friends will probably join them. You think there is some kind of Wolfgang meeting down here?"

"Abbot, you alright?"

"N-n-no no Alexandre, I'm q-quite alright! It's j-j-just that I have a reason t-to fear the Wolfgang. I j-just so happened to h-h-have been involved in identifying a f-few of them d-during a m-m-mugging. Since then I've b-been worried they'd might s-s-s-snuff me out!"

"Stay here, I'll go scan the area, and deal with this if needed." ,Johon whispers to Abbot. He motions for Alexandre to stay with Abbot, and for Elgar to follow him as they head Left.