8771394254_5ee5082128_n.jpg

[The picture above links to the MOCpages gallery.]

Akeja is a female Toa of Magnetism. She uses her power to control a generator, which allows her to move extremely quickly. Akeja is also very skilled at hand-to-hand unarmed combat.

Feedback is appreciated.

The sleek look is perfect. While I'm pretty sure I've seen it before, the Axonn axe blade shoulder armor works extremely well here.

Thanks Nova. I've seen Axonn blades as armor before, but never sloped down and curved back on the shoulders (though it's obviously possible that it has been done before). :P

Pretty neat. The model doesn't seem especially feminine to me, but then again any gender clues in official sets were always extremely subtle if they were there at all, and as you said this didn't start out as a female character and wasn't an attempt to make an especially human-like model. Personally, I prefer female characters to look feminine, not just because I really appreciate the effort it takes to make a model with realistic human proportions, but also because the average person's inclination when they see a robotic-looking figure is to treat it as male or genderless, so I think additional clues come in handy.

Regardless of gender, I feel like the lower body and waist could use a bit more bulk. The very bulky upper body and legs make the rail-thin lower body stand out, and not in a good way. The model also has other proportional issues that just bother me a bit, such as the upper arms being so very long and the lower arms being so very short.

Design choices I really like include the generator turbines on her back and the back of her legs, which make the model seem very unique and serve as a unified design motif. The transparent light blue accents work remarkably well with the silver, black, and flame yellowish orange color scheme, and the kneepads work great both in terms of shaping and providing a splash of color for the legs. Additionally, the fact that a model this size can hold its own weight in such a wide variety of poses is in itself an accomplishment. Overall, the body proportions are my main pet peeve with this model. Everything else works very nicely.

Thank you for the feedback, Aanchir.

I agree, the main issues are in some of the proportions. Just a few things to note though- the upper arms are actually quite short, they just blend with the almost-completely-vertical shoulder connection, which makes them look like that. Also, the upper body isn't actually too heavily armored, or at least wasn't supposed to be; the axes were meant more as aerodynamic blade-wing things. Without them there it'd look weird, though, since they're covering a strange shoulder gap... eh. That's something to improve upon next time, I guess. XD

Not seeing so much female as much as Peter Chung style art and animation look. Nice slender middle with a defined upper body. Very cool and stylized. Thanks for that great open hand gesture at the end. I see now, exactly how to build those hands. I got a nice BL order of those t-bars on the way.

Hum..the mask doesn't fit the overall look of the moc IMO.

That being said,this is a great moc!NPUof the Axxon Axe pieces on the shoulders.

Also from the side angle the keetorange and KK armor piece look pretty awkward to look at,but mainly my gripes are just minor pet peeves.

Still great moc!

Edited by Zachattacx

How so? I think the mask is smooth and streamlined like the rest (or at least, like my intention for the rest).

Thanks Zach. :)

I'm not familiar with the characters and stuff from Tribes (though I hear that it's an awesome game).

How so? I think the mask is smooth and streamlined like the rest (or at least, like my intention for the rest).

Thanks Zach. :)

I think it's because it's a certain color that just pops out of nowhere,but I do get what you're saying.