Sign in to follow this  
Yooha

Watermill by the creek

In the plains southeast of Valholl, near the Winterlakes, there is a small creek and a mill on it. The miller collects the grain from the surrounding fields and sells the flour mainly for Valholl.

8814195992_58496b9587_c.jpg

8814195880_f3588867e6_o.jpg

After lifting up the roof and opening the back wall, you can see the interior of the mill.

8814195862_8610826cbf_o.jpg

The driver is ready for the flour to fall from the heavens!

8803610379_a604a533d1_o.jpg

“Hold on chum, we are going now.”

“See you next time!”

8803610335_339ed3bda0_o.jpg

The barrels are full, the bakers of Valholl are waiting for the flour. Some fresh croissant, anyone?

8803610571_bd26d92765_o.jpg

Note: Since transparent bricks takes aaaggggeeesss to render, the river is simply blue with some "ripples" on it. Be gentle with the critics about it please. :blush:

Clever roof design :thumbup: The bridge looks good as well and I like the woodwork on the house.

The stream bothers me a bit, not the water part, but the rocks and general layout, it seems to go in a rather straight line. More in-outs in the banks would look better in my opinion. Great interior in the mill, I :wub: the chute to fill the barrels.

great moc yohaa, I've just visited a water mill the other day, and except for the angle of the roof, this comes pretty close to it. and, I'm really tempted to put some of your ldd mocs into real bricks, totally love your style!

Nice digital build! I like the bridge the most, it really looks like it is built to withstand proper forces, I might borrow that support design sometime :wink:

I like the size of the water weel as well, even though I think the "flaps" are a bit too thick, one or two plates would have looked better in my opinion.

Going into details, the rendering seems to have some aliasing problems at the joints between pieces, are you resizing the pictures post-rendering? Or is it just that it might look better with a higher anti-aliasing in the rendering software?

I like the size of the water wheel as well, even though I think the "flaps" are a bit too thick, one or two plates would have looked better in my opinion.

Going into details, the rendering seems to have some aliasing problems at the joints between pieces, are you resizing the pictures post-rendering? Or is it just that it might look better with a higher anti-aliasing in the rendering software?

For the design I used for the flaps, it was necessary to be three plates thick at least. Maybe it can be made thinner somehow. The anti-aliasing issue comes from the rendering software as the images are not resized for most cases. I'm always balancing between rendering time and quality; maybe I should put more weight on the quality-side.